• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution of what?

Eli G

It seems that the supposed evolution of the species ended when animals finally became intellectual ... the rest of them stop evolving, it seems. ;)

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
If intellectual evolution goes hand in hand with biological evolution, why are there no advanced civilizations among animals?:shrug:
But they don't always go hand in hand. Remember that evolution is simply when some variations provide greater opportunities for procreation than others. A cockroach has evolved to where it can exist in almost any climate on almost any food substance, all without high intelligence.

I think the point is that intelligence, when it DOES exist, is biologically based and the result of a long history of evolution selecting for this trait.

Eli G

But they don't always go hand in hand. Remember that evolution is simply when some variations provide greater opportunities for procreation than others. A cockroach has evolved to where it can exist in almost any climate on almost any food substance, all without high intelligence.

I think the point is that intelligence, when it DOES exist, is biologically based and the result of a long history of evolution selecting for this trait.
Speculation.

Flies and mosquitoes in amber from millions (???) of years are almost identical to modern flies and mosquitoes. ;)

Eli G

I don't need anyone to tell me how to reason or what to believe... I can do it by myself.

If humans appeared on Earth billions of years ago as evolutionists say, what is the next evolutionary step and when will it occur, according to speculators? ;)

IndigoChild5559

Speculation.

Flies and mosquitoes in amber from millions (???) of years are almost identical to modern flies and mosquitoes. ;)
Sure. Because they are highly adaptive. Same with my example of cockroaches. So what? The principle that adaptability is what rules biology still stands.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I don't need anyone to tell me how to reason or what to believe...

This doesn't seem to be the case, considering how you parrot everything your religious leaders tell you

I can do it by myself.

You have yet to demonstrate this.

If humans appeared on Earth billions of years ago as evolutionists say

I'm not aware of anyone saying that. Except perhaps scientologists, in some mystical weird form.

, what is the next evolutionary step and when will it occur, according to speculators? ;)
If current trends are any indication, the pessimist in me would say "idiocracy"

IndigoChild5559

It seems that the supposed evolution of the species ended when animals finally became intellectual ... the rest of them stop evolving, it seems. ;)
No one says this. Evolution continues both for intelligent species and species that are not so intelligent. Even human beings continue to evolve.

Pogo

No one says this. Evolution continues both for intelligent species and species that are not so intelligent. Even human beings continue to evolve.
Eli G said:
Eli is just trolling, winking smiley and all.
I feel for those who are thereby embarrassed by this (religious?) behavior.

Pogo

Flies is like wheelbarrows.
Any change would be for the worse.
36V Power Assisted Wheelbarrow $ US 1199.00

shopping

gnostic

The Lost One
If humans appeared on Earth billions of years ago as evolutionists say, what is the next evolutionary step and when will it occur, according to speculators?

No biologists are saying that, so really you’re making it up…you’re attacking the strawman…you are inventing false claims but blaming biologists for your invention.

It funny how creationists think it is okay to bear false witnesses.

The only organisms living billions of years ago, were species from Bacteria domain and species from the Archaea domain.

There were no multicellular species from the Animalia, Plantae and Fungi kingdoms, until less than a billion years ago.

Last edited: