• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution of what?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Why that's absurdly false: you can still get a good spread, duh
Are you kidding me? There are almost 5000 religions in the world today. If you think one person can study them all, you live in a different universe.

As I said, it is enough to study the 5-7 major religions of the world, plus a diverse sampling of the smaller ones. That really IS good enough to learn the general truths about religion. If you can't agree to that, then you are basically saying a PhD is worthless.

Reactions: ppp

ChieftheCef

I have spent over fifty year research, and college courses on religions and specifically the history of the Middle East as related to the archeological and historical evidence of the history as described in the different scriptures and texts available,

There is no archeological, historical and geologic evidence for the Genesis Creation, Noah's flood and Exodus as described in the Pentateuch.
...I'm confused I agree with you

ChieftheCef

Are you kidding me? There are almost 5000 religions in the world today. If you think one person can study them all, you live in a different universe.

As I said, it is enough to study the 5-7 major religions of the world, plus a diverse sampling of the smaller ones. That really IS good enough to learn the general truths about religion. If you can't agree to that, then you are basically saying a PhD is worthless.
Most of its rehash. Relatively few tropes compared to the number of unique instances

ChieftheCef

There is no such place bold as you described based on objective evidence. A mystical(?) place puts it where it belongs mythology.
The ancient israelites wrote about a legendary jungle area between dried up due to human activity affecting the climate south east of the present day shores of the remaining rivers

ChieftheCef

You can find it without religion at all

ChieftheCef

Legendary is the key here. I do not accept anything that is legendary including Paul Bunyan,
You can predict its existence by science

That area back before man had discovered the use of fire had been jungle. The area surrounding the four rivers was lush with terrestrial life.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Probably not 5000, but yes over time one may make a reasonable effort to study the religions of the world. It depends greatly on ones attitude and perspective as to how we view the different religions,

I have studied for over fifty years and still learning. My dominant topics for me now are why people believe as they do and the limits their beliefs constrain free will.

ChieftheCef

Wow I just realized you agreed with me like a denizen. Huh

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You can predict its existence by science.
No, science cannot help you find legendary places like Eden, Atlantis or Shangri La.

The following is a list of legendary places science cannot help you find:

That area back before man had discovered the use of fire had been jungle. The area surrounding the four rivers was lush with terrestrial life.

Very vague description for a mythical something that supposedly existed thousands of years ago,

Which four rivers?

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
The ancient israelites wrote about a legendary jungle area between dried up due to human activity affecting the climate south east of the present day shores of the remaining rivers

Which jungle?

And what rivers?

Do you mean the rivers mentioned in Genesis 2?

If so, then Pishon & Gibon don’t exist. Havilah, where Pishon surrounded it, and include where gold, onyx & bdellium were found, also don’t exist.

While the land between Euphrates & Tigris point to today’s Iraq, there were never rainforest let alone a jungle in the past or present.

Mesopotamia proper is surrounded by arid regions, there were never forests in this region, even during the Neolithic period (11,000 to 5200 years ago).

Move to the upper region, where Euphrates & Tigris begin to flow from, from the Armenian Highlands, which are more fertile than Mesopotamia, it is the steppe, hence mainly region of grass and shrubs, not a place that one would call “jungle”.

What Genesis tells me, the author(s), whoever wrote Genesis, doesn’t really have great knowledge of west Asia.

You might called Havilah & Pishon, and the Gibon, “legendary“, but I certainly would put these places as more mythological than legendary.

Including the mythological, are the Garden of Eden, Land of the Nod, Enoch (city supposedly built by Cain)…they don’t exist except in a story of “Creation”.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Jungle? I don't recall that word ever being used in the bible. Or rainforest either. Would you like to explain what you mean? Perhaps give the verse?