• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution, scientific methods, and reason are losing in America's classrooms

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Archer shall we teach them creation then, if we shouldn't teach them evolution? Is creation too much for their brains?

astarath

The homeschooled kids I was talking about do learn both and strive to understand the paradox of Creation from both the Biblical and Scientic understanding.

Rainbow Mage

The homeschooled kids I was talking about do learn both and strive to understand the paradox of Creation from both the Biblical and Scientic understanding.

Funny, I went to a Baptist school for 3 years, and the Pensecola Christian books didn't mention evolution at all. Not sure what you think is scientific about Christian homeschooling.

Archer

Archer shall we teach them creation then, if we shouldn't teach them evolution? Is creation too much for their brains?

Indoctrination should be kept at home. Perhaps an overview of religion but honestly I don't want a nut job telling my kid lies like Dinos were on the ARK.

I take a holistic approach to many things in the Bible and generally don't like the one verse sermons.

So no; no creationism.

Last edited:

Archer

Funny, I went to a Baptist school for 3 years, and the Pensecola Christian books didn't mention evolution at all. Not sure what you think is scientific about Christian homeschooling.

Latitude. I can afford this as well and I don't like my kid passing through a metal detector.

AFIK they don't mention it. I don't believe they try to destroy it either.

Rakhel

Growing up, I knew a kid who went to public school until he reached 10th grade, then his parents switched him to a Catholic school. He told us that they taught both Evolution and Creation, which was a shock to most, if not all, of us.

Rainbow Mage

The Catholic Church officially recognizes evolution, and teaches creation and evolution together as a dogma.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
The Catholic Church officially recognizes evolution, and teaches creation and evolution together as a dogma.
I graduated from a catholic school so this is true. In fact it was because of discussion in biology, that encouraged me to seek what the stance was on evolution and faith. Well needless to say I was told to just listen and observe and not to question catholic faith matters on the subject.

Archer

The evidence for evolution is not there but what evidence there is points toward the scientific conclusions. I believe in creation but it is not for me to say what mechanism God used it is only for me to believe God set it in motion.

Clay, Mud, Primordial ooze make no difference to me. The father has revealed himself to me and that is enough. I find out the how in the science the why is in the Bible. I also see man as an independent creation as laid out in the Bible; does that mean nothing evolved? I can't say that without doing what Peter spoke against and that is false teaching.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
It's not enough to say, small changes add up to big changes, people want to see the proof.
Kinda like when people want to see proof that a god actually exists. What makes more sense: that commons species have ancestors and genes that are close in percentage or a magic being created everything out of nothing? Of course much of faith doesn't have to make sense to it's followers.

Man of Faith

The evidence for evolution is not there but what evidence there is points toward the scientific conclusions. I believe in creation but it is not for me to say what mechanism God used it is only for me to believe God set it in motion.

Clay, Mud, Primordial ooze make no difference to me. The father has revealed himself to me and that is enough. I find out the how in the science the why is in the Bible. I also see man as an independent creation as laid out in the Bible; does that mean nothing evolved? I can't say that without doing what Peter spoke against and that is false teaching.

If evolution could be supported in the Bible then it would have came out before someone that decided to not take the Bible into account and come up with it.