• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution, what evidence is there and what does creationism have?

OmarKhayyam

Auto: #243 your OWN post.

EM: You have no consistent position other than superstition. Are we primates or no? If not from what genus did we evolve? If we didn't evolve how did we get here?

emiliano

Ok, I'm not that old, but your grammar isn't that good, so, I wasn't sure of your age. Again, you can't just claim supernatural, you have to provide evidence for supernatural. Your only looking at life through the hand you were dealt. You have no idea how great life could have been, but your applying some importance to the one you have. It's like being dealt a hand in poker, we attribute the royal flush to be the best hand you can be dealt. When in reality every hand in poker is just as improbable as anyother hand you could be dealt. Your applying a certain importance to this one. Supernatural causes need to be backed by evidence, not the lack of evidence.

English is not my first language and I do the best I can with what I learnt in the many years that I’ve been in Australia. I realize that it is hard for you to accept that some of us have Faith and is God’s gift to us, a great gift indeed, and a gift that gives us hope that is why we can say that whatever life we live is a good one because it comes from God the supreme good. Do I have evidences of God in my life? Life it self, it has been undeservedly good, it is the best hand that I could be dealt. I often meditate in what my youth years deserved and what I have, and then I know that God is merciful, just and loving. Would that count as personally acquired evidence?

OmarKhayyam

"Would that count as personally acquired evidence?"

No. It is merely your life story. What about all those devout and faithful xantians who have had a very different life?

What your god PO'd at them for some reason?

emiliano

Doesn't Genesis put an approximate age on the earth at 6000 years? If so, there's a bit of a problem there.

The Bible is not a scientific account :shout and God is eternal and exist outside time or as the bible says God's time is not our time, the measuring of time as we know it is a human tool, we are finite God is infinite.:)

Tristesse

English is not my first language and I do the best I can with what I learnt in the many years that I’ve been in Australia. I realize that it is hard for you to accept that some of us have Faith and is God’s gift to us, a great gift indeed, and a gift that gives us hope that is why we can say that whatever life we live is a good one because it comes from God the supreme good. Do I have evidences of God in my life? Life it self, it has been undeservedly good, it is the best hand that I could be dealt. I often meditate in what my youth years deserved and what I have, and then I know that God is merciful, just and loving. Would that count as personally acquired evidence?

My apologies, I didn't know English was your second language. It's not hard for me to accept that you or anyone else has faith in a god, but I like to base my beliefs on facts and evidence. If you could provide evidence for your claims, than I'll look at them and make a determination for myself.
Personal experience is possibly one of the worst forms of evidence, because it could only be evidence for you. It wasn't something that I experienced, and the mind is easily fooled. So, no, personal experience doesn't work for me, and it really shouldn't work for anyone. If your god really wanted to reveal himself, than why doesn't he reveal himself to everyone? Than there wouldn't be anymore ambiguity. If your god could demonstrate that he exist, than I will believe him, now whether I worship him is a different question, because he has some explaining to do.

emiliano

"Would that count as personally acquired evidence?"

No. It is merely your life story. What about all those devout and faithful xantians who have had a very different life?

What your god PO'd at them for some reason?

What wrong with their life. It is obvious that my God was their God.

OmarKhayyam

"From potential Humans."

Like primates? You see you are just dodging the issue. ALL life has evolved from the SAME beginning. We are NO different.

Your "potential humans" were primates.

If you have a different theory lets hear it.

Tristesse

God is the fist cause ( the alpha) there is nothing before Him, He does not evolve because He is perfect a finished job human are not perfect thus they need changes we are not a finished work.

ah, so if it's ok to say god doesn't need a beginning, than it's equally ok to say that the universe doesn't need a beginning. Now were both making bold assertions for which we have no evidence.

OmarKhayyam

Sorry a typo I meant to type that my God was not their God. That's what a get for discussing with a heathen;).

I thought according to your mythology there was only one god?

See, you are just dancing around here with no logic or argument to your position. If your god is this loving and caring thing than ALL believers ought to have this wonderful like you say have. They don't.

Something is amiss here. Either your life has NOTHING to do with your god
OR
he treats believers differently.

Which is it?

emiliano

I thought according to your mythology there was only one god?

See, you are just dancing around here with no logic or argument to your position. If your god is this loving and caring thing than ALL believers ought to have this wonderful like you say have. They don't.

Something is amiss here. Either your life has NOTHING to do with your god
OR
he treats believers differently.

Which is it?

You don’t know much about the subject, do you?
Why do you think that He commands not to have other gods before Him?
Well I am going to stick to my rule, I don’t argue with heathens, so tah, that.
PS: he treats believers differently.