• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution?

Alceste

Vagabond
My I ask why you think so?

I'll bite.

Everybody thinks so, Jay, except creationists. The argument that in order to exist, the universe must have been created by a god requires that the god be created by some other god (because otherwise god, like the universe, could not exist), and that god by another, and so on. Like an infinite set of Russian dolls.

OK, now give me one of your standard churlish and obtuse retorts. :p

rojse

RF Addict
The question is whether or not the two situations can be compared in this regard, but whether MarvelousWorksofGod will actually see the parallels between the two scenarios if they were there.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I hope we haven't scared MWG away. She's probably not used to her professions of faith being so roundly challenged. We may have overwhelmed her.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Everybody thinks so, Jay, except creationists.
Not to be a pain... but I don't think so.

The argument that in order to exist, the universe must have been created by a god requires that the god be created by some other god (because otherwise god, like the universe, could not exist), and that god by another, and so on. Like an infinite set of Russian dolls.
not always... one could think of 'god' as "co-existant" with the universe.

wa:do

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I hope we haven't scared MWG away. She's probably not used to her professions of faith being so roundly challenged. We may have overwhelmed her.
More than likely... I've noticed that certain posters would rather attack and dismiss than explain. While challenge is good, there is a healthy and an unhealthy way of doing so.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The question is whether or not the two situations can be compared in this regard, but whether MarvelousWorksofGod will actually see the parallels between the two scenarios if they were there.
Personally this statement: "The fact everything came from one particle is so childish to me!"
Makes me wonder how thinking everything came from "god" is any less childish?

It is almost mocking it's own theology. Everything can't come from one point of origin... this is equally against 'big bang' as it is 'god-did-it'... as both essentially propose the same idea.

It's like listening to Ben Stein mischaracterize and mock evolution as "lightning striking a mud puddle" yet find "god made man of dust" completely serious and noble.... they are essentially the same thing. You can't see one as silly but not the other.

DarkSun

:eltiT
I'll bite.

Everybody thinks so, Jay, except creationists. The argument that in order to exist, the universe must have been created by a god requires that the god be created by some other god (because otherwise god, like the universe, could not exist), and that god by another, and so on. Like an infinite set of Russian dolls.

OK, now give me one of your standard churlish and obtuse retorts. :p

Maybe God is so brilliant that He created Himself? :p

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Everything has to come from something, but that would be impossible because that would be a never ending cycle until you meet the beggining, so there has to be a God

First, explain how a cyclic universe is imposable.
Second, explain how your reasoning points to "there has to be a God"
Third, explain how the Abrahamic God is the God that "has to be"

Finally, explain how this, or your opening statement relates to evolution or the Theory of Evolution.

Adamh

Can guys help me? Im new here and would like to do a survey. I would like people to tell me their real names, what creation they believe in and why. Thanks