• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ex-Christian here.

Just_me_Mike

Why would a God who cares for us and loves us SO much, allow his creations to suffer. When people are killed from earthquakes, diseases, famine, ect. People say "It's Gods will". Well I'm here to tell you I will never worship a God who claims to love his creations then torture them.
I don't get it? Stop wondering about God then. Stop making these backpeddling questions.
It is amazing to me how EASY!!!!! it is to get ex Christians to still ask questions about their ex-faith. It is transparent, that it still lingers in you, but you never found a way to reconcile the problems within the religion, so you just abandon it, and think it is that easy. Please :rolleyes:

tarasan

I don't get it? Stop wondering about God then. Stop making these backpeddling questions.
It is amazing to me how EASY!!!!! it is to get ex Christians to still ask questions about their ex-faith. It is transparent, that it still lingers in you, but you never found a way to reconcile the problems within the religion, so you just abandon it, and think it is that easy. Please :rolleyes:

yeah mate i totally see that here :D

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Some people were hurt repeatedly by the self-loathing and/or the following loathing received from scriptural interpretation/preachers.

It takes time to heal from years and years of what many could consider abuse.

blackout

Violet.
Some people were hurt repeatedly by the self-loathing and/or the following loathing received from scriptural interpretation/preachers.

I actively smashed taboos for three years.

(and then found a few more) ;)

tarasan

i wouldnt say it was the scripturesmyself when i went through what i will poiltely say a "rough patch" the bible wasnt my source of depression is was the people, who broke me down.

i came to learn that it wasnt the God that was the problem is was the people inside the religion that worshiped him

blackout

Violet.
i wouldnt say it was the scripturesmyself when i went through what i will poiltely say a "rough patch" the bible wasnt my source of depression is was the people, who broke me down.

i came to learn that it wasnt the God that was the problem is was the people inside the religion that worshiped him

My own interpretation of the Bible was so LHP,
that I finally wound up "LHP".
Though I'd never even heard the label
till a few years later.

Not a single christian accepted my interpretation as christian.
Truly it was more Satanic.
ie... "I Am God"...
(though I had absolutley no idea what that really meant at the time either)

So ironic.

tarasan

My own interpretation of the Bible was so LHP,
that I finally wound up "LHP".
Though I'd never even heard the label
till a few years later.

Not a single christian accepted my interpretation as christian.
Truly it was more Satanic.
ie... "I Am God"...
(though I had absolutley no idea what that really meant at the time either)

So ironic.

can you state what your interpretation of the bible was?

blackout

Violet.

and yes. the people were appalling.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Fair enough.

Now, how does the community fix the problem of the abuse within it's own? Many abusers cite scripture to support their harmful actions.

It does truly take time. Time, patience, and compassion. And for many, the Bible isn't needed at all to forgive transgressions.

tarasan

In their defence though,
I was not an adherent of THEIR christianity.

soooo

no thats no excuse we should love everyone! you should judge or hate people, merely because they believe differently from you, althouhg i admit a LHP is a different case than usual, Grace and love should be given

tarasan

Fair enough.

Now, how does the community fix the problem of the abuse within it's own? Many abusers cite scripture to support their harmful actions.

It does truly take time. Time, patience, and compassion. And for many, the Bible isn't needed at all to forgive transgressions.

God is need for forgiveness, the bible ultiamtely is just a book, although a primary source to find out about God but still just a book.

Those harmful people are fools who dont follow proper intepretative stances, its the only way that they can justify themselves.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
God is need for forgiveness, the bible ultiamtely is just a book, although a primary source to find out about God but still just a book.

Those harmful people are fools who dont follow proper intepretative stances, its the only way that they can justify themselves.

I don't need God to forgive, so I disagree with your initial assertion.

In my own view, and merely my own, I see the personification of God as a being who suffers greatly, hence my wish to give him a Big Squishy Hug. :hugehug: :rainbow1:

blackout

Violet.

The underlined passage is the only part of this post I agree with.

Your interpretive stance is the proper one I suppose?

Funny how that always works the same way....

Ethos I have a question for you. If you were a TRUE committed with all your heart Christian in the past based on deep study of it as well and had even an experience with "God" if ya will and then you left and rejected it all, do you now have compassion for Christians or do you have the attitude of looking down at them?

What is your attitude toward them? Because the way I see it is this: if I was a believer in something so strongly and then I left it, I would then have greater compassion for those who are still in it, because I was ONCE there.

Now even though I say all that, I am a Christian and I disagree with you leaving it, but none the less, i am wondering what your attitude is toward them? Compassion or arrogance?

And nor do i wish to debate about whether christianity is right or wrong right now either, i just am wondering about this question. I already am in a big debate in another forum and that is taking up alot of time as is.

The worst kind of arrogance is not those who were not in your position and then look down at you, it is those who were where you are, then came out, and then still look down at you. That is the extreme of sick.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Jollybear, I would agree that compassion is not only useful but ideal in reconciling these differences.

From both sides. :)

tarasan

The underlined passage is the only part of this post I agree with.

Your interpretive stance is the proper one I suppose?

Funny how that always works the same way....

pfff not really there are many vaible ones, that take the bible as a whole into account, I was merely attacking those who isolated a few scriptures and said they speak for the whole bible that is it.