• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in Christ is Completely Logical

jonathan180iq

No, the teachings of the Holy Bible identify the Plan of Salvation from Genesis to Revelations. It cannot be interpreted, it is the word of God.

This is called bias, and essentially renders any further conversation a moot point. Were you able to objectively debate the finer points of the arguments that have been made, then we could proceed into the "good stuff" that you are already beginning to refer to condescendingly.

That you do not know those reasons is the result of your atheism.

You are misusing the word atheism in place of objectivity.
The counter-arguments that I have made against you have nothing at all to do with my atheism. I'll be happy to only use citations from scripture if you prefer...

When viewed objectively, the flowing narrative that you say exists in the Bible simply isn't there. Out of everything that I have written to you, that was my entire point. You see a cumulative narrative because of your faith and the subsequent necessity for one to exist. (That's what bias is.) You interpret passages and claim that they were meant to be viewed in light of the New Testament. When actually read in context, and outside of the bias of the Christian faith, then it is not apparnet. Others, as have been pointed out (namely Jews, Muslims, Atheists, Agnostics, and everyone else in the world who is not Christian) does not see this narrative that you claim to be a Universal truth... Were it a Universal truth, it would be obvious even to the objective review, would it not?

You have made the claim that there is historical significance which lends credence to your belief- and you claim that the faith of countless others lends credence to your claim. I have shown how using those very same criteria you must logically accept that every other religion has the same level of credence that yours does. You must accept them as being as true as yours, don't you? You either have to do that or give some other form of evidence that isn't burdened by faithful bias or subjective reasoning.

The only thing that your evidence supports is that the faithful hold the belief that they say they hold... You have not supported your claim that it is a universal truth that is easily seen by anyone who reads the texts. If you want to do this, then please provide us with examples of said texts and give a defensible position that has more substance that simply saying "We believe this so it must be true."

The closest thing that you have gotten to that is saying that only the guidance of the Holy Spirit can reveal these truths to followers, and that's great if that's what you believe. But it's not objective nor conclusive evidence that anything you're saying is based in substantial reality.

jonathan180iq

Jews very much see that plan of redemption right up until the birth of Christ. They still await the coming of the Messiah. The belief of Muslims is very similar to Christianity only their God is Allah and their Jesus is Muhammed. Their redemption is concluded by a judgement day as well. Their redemption comes through the Quran and the prophet Muhammed.

Islam is a law and deed based redemption - liken to Judaism, which is in direct contrast to the faith based redemption of Christianity.

Serenity7855

Lambaster of the Angry Anti-Theists
This is called bias, and essentially renders any further conversation a moot point.

Well, like everyone else on here, you can either respond to my point or you can say nothing. The choice is yours.

Were you able to objectively debate the finer points of the arguments that have been made, then we could proceed into the "good stuff" that you are already beginning to refer to condescendingly.

They must have been so fine that I didn't even notice them, however, I am just a ignorant Christian.

You are misusing the word atheism in place of objectivity.

I don't think I am

The counter-arguments that I have made against you have nothing at all to do with my atheism. I'll be happy to only use citations from scripture if you prefer...

They are hardly worthy of being called counter-arguments as much as they are baseless opinions. I am equally at ease with scriptural references then not. The difference is that my knowledge base is spiritually founded.

When viewed objectively, the flowing narrative that you say exists in the Bible simply isn't there. Out of everything that I have written to you, that was my entire point. You see a cumulative narrative because of your faith and the subsequent necessity for one to exist. (That's what bias is.)

It is all there in scripture for anyone and everyone to read. From the division in heave that caused opposition in all things, to the plan put forth and accepted by two thirds of the host of heaven, to Jesus accepting the role of the Saviour, and so on, and so on.

5 For behold, if Adam had put forth his hand immediately, and partaken of the tree of life, he would have lived forever, according to the word of God, having no space for repentance; yea, and also the word of God would have been void, and the great plan of salvation would have been frustrated.

6 But behold, it was appointed unto man to die—therefore, as they were cut off from the tree of life they should be cut off from the face of the earth—and man became lost forever, yea, they became fallen man.

7 And now, ye see by this that our first parents were cut offboth temporally and spiritually from the presence of the Lord; and thus we see they became subjects to follow after their own will.

8 Now behold, it was not expedient that man should be reclaimed from this temporal death, for that would destroy the great plan of happiness.

9 Therefore, as the soul could never die, and the fall had brought upon all mankind a spiritual death as well as a temporal, that is, they were cut off from the presence of the Lord, it was expedient that mankind should be reclaimed from this spiritual death.

10 Therefore, as they had become carnal, sensual, and devilish, by nature, this probationary state became a state for them to prepare; it became a preparatory state.

11 And now remember, my son, if it were not for the plan of redemption, (laying it aside) as soon as they were dead their souls were miserable, being cut off from the presence of the Lord.

12 And now, there was no means to reclaim men from this fallen state, which man had brought upon himself because of his own disobedience;

13 Therefore, according to justice, the plan of redemptioncould not be brought about, only on conditions of repentance of men in this probationary state, yea, this preparatory state; for except it were for these conditions, mercy could not take effect except it should destroy the work of justice. Now the work of justice could not be destroyed; if so, God would ceaseto be God.

14 And thus we see that all mankind were fallen, and they were in the grasp of justice; yea, the justice of God, which consigned them forever to be cut off from his presence.

15 And now, the plan of mercy could not be brought about except an atonement should be made; therefore God himselfatoneth for the sins of the world, to bring about the plan ofmercy, to appease the demands of justice, that God might be a perfect, just God, and a merciful God also.

16 Now, repentance could not come unto men except there were a punishment, which also was eternal as the life of the soul should be, affixed opposite to the plan of happiness, which was as eternal also as the life of the soul.

17 Now, how could a man repent except he should sin? How could he sin if there was no law? How could there be a law save there was a punishment?

18 Now, there was a punishment affixed, and a just law given, which brought remorse of conscience unto man.

19 Now, if there was no law given—if a man murdered he should die—would he be afraid he would die if he should murder?

20 And also, if there was no law given against sin men would not be afraid to sin.

21 And if there was no law given, if men sinned what could justice do, or mercy either, for they would have no claim upon the creature?

22 But there is a law given, and a punishment affixed, and arepentance granted; which repentance, mercy claimeth; otherwise, justice claimeth the creature and executeth thelaw, and the law inflicteth the punishment; if not so, the works of justice would be destroyed, and God would cease to be God.

23 But God ceaseth not to be God, and mercy claimeth the penitent, and mercy cometh because of the atonement; and the atonement bringeth to pass the resurrection of the dead; and the resurrection of the dead bringeth back men into the presence of God; and thus they are restored into his presence, to be judged according to their works, according to the law and justice.

24 For behold, justice exerciseth all his demands, and alsomercy claimeth all which is her own; and thus, none but the truly penitent are saved.

25 What, do ye suppose that mercy can rob justice? I say unto you, Nay; not one whit. If so, God would cease to be God.

26 And thus God bringeth about his great and eternalpurposes, which were prepared from the foundation of the world. And thus cometh about the salvation and the redemption of men, and also their destruction and misery

You interpret passages and claim that they were meant to be viewed in light of the New Testament. When actually read in context, and outside of the bias of the Christian faith, then it is not apparnet.

The Plan of Redemption needs no interpretation. It is what it is, a sophisticated plan of redemption. Why would you read it out of the context of Christian faith. It was compiled specifically for Christianity.

Others, as have been pointed out (namely Jews, Muslims, Atheists, Agnostics, and everyone else in the world who is not Christian) does not see this narrative that you claim to be a Universal truth... Were it a Universal truth, it would be obvious even to the objective review, would it not?

You first have to know what it is before you can determine whether it is universal. You do not know what it is so how do you come to such a ridiculous conclusion.

You have made the claim that there is historical significance which lends credence to your belief-

No, I said that there is historical evidence. I need nothing to give credence to my belief. The Holy Ghost has testified of that to my soul.

and you claim that the faith of countless others lends credence to your claim.

No, I need nothing to give credence to my belief. The Holy Ghost has testified of that to my soul.

I have shown how using those very same criteria you must logically accept that every other religion has the same level of credence that yours does.

No, you have not shown it the principle is obvious. To the members of those faiths they hold all the keys to the correct religion. We will all see in due course.

You must accept them as being as true as yours, don't you? You either have to do that or give some other form of evidence that isn't burdened by faithful bias or subjective reasoning.

No, I do not accept them as being as true as mine, otherwise I would be a member of several different religions, and that would be a silly notion, as I am sure you will agree. I stick with just one religion. Maybe we are all right. Maybe, and most likely, christianity is the only true religion. It is the only one with a coherent plan and, therefore, meaning to life.

The only thing that your evidence supports is that the faithful hold the belief that they say they hold... You have not supported your claim that it is a universal truth that is easily seen by anyone who reads the texts. If you want to do this, then please provide us with examples of said texts and give a defensible position that has more substance that simply saying "We believe this so it must be true."

I believe that I have adequately demonstrated that christians are all familiar with the Plan of Salvation, therefore, it is universal amongst christians. The idea of this thread is to demonstrate that a plan, at least 6,000 years old, is so perfectly logical and rational that it cannot be falsified making christianity more likely then not. Thus far I have achieved that goal and the idea that the authenticity of other religions does not threaten the plan in anyway is a reality.

The closest thing that you have gotten to that is saying that only the guidance of the Holy Spirit can reveal these truths to followers, and that's great if that's what you believe. But it's not objective nor conclusive evidence that anything you're saying is based in substantial reality.

I have always maintained that I cannot prove my beliefs and that if anyone wants to know then the must do what I did. So your statement is nonsensical as it say what I have already said, many times

Last edited:

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Well, like everyone else on here, you can either respond to my point or you can say nothing. The choice is yours.

They must have been so fine that I didn't even notice them, however, I am just a ignorant Christian.

I don't think I am

They are hardly worthy of being called counter-arguments as much as they are baseless opinions. I am equally at ease with scriptural references then not. The difference is that my knowledge base is spiritually founded.

It is all there in scripture for anyone and everyone to read. From the division in heave that caused opposition in all things, to the plan put forth and accepted by two thirds of the host of heaven, to Jesus accepting the role of the Saviour, and so on, and so on.

5 For behold, if Adam had put forth his hand immediately, and partaken of the tree of life, he would have lived forever, according to the word of God, having no space for repentance; yea, and also the word of God would have been void, and the great plan of salvation would have been frustrated.

6 But behold, it was appointed unto man to die—therefore, as they were cut off from the tree of life they should be cut off from the face of the earth—and man became lost forever, yea, they became fallen man.

7 And now, ye see by this that our first parents were cut offboth temporally and spiritually from the presence of the Lord; and thus we see they became subjects to follow after their own will.

8 Now behold, it was not expedient that man should be reclaimed from this temporal death, for that would destroy the great plan of happiness.

9 Therefore, as the soul could never die, and the fall had brought upon all mankind a spiritual death as well as a temporal, that is, they were cut off from the presence of the Lord, it was expedient that mankind should be reclaimed from this spiritual death.

10 Therefore, as they had become carnal, sensual, and devilish, by nature, this probationary state became a state for them to prepare; it became a preparatory state.

11 And now remember, my son, if it were not for the plan of redemption, (laying it aside) as soon as they were dead their souls were miserable, being cut off from the presence of the Lord.

12 And now, there was no means to reclaim men from this fallen state, which man had brought upon himself because of his own disobedience;

13 Therefore, according to justice, the plan of redemptioncould not be brought about, only on conditions of repentance of men in this probationary state, yea, this preparatory state; for except it were for these conditions, mercy could not take effect except it should destroy the work of justice. Now the work of justice could not be destroyed; if so, God would ceaseto be God.

14 And thus we see that all mankind were fallen, and they were in the grasp of justice; yea, the justice of God, which consigned them forever to be cut off from his presence.

15 And now, the plan of mercy could not be brought about except an atonement should be made; therefore God himselfatoneth for the sins of the world, to bring about the plan ofmercy, to appease the demands of justice, that God might be a perfect, just God, and a merciful God also.

16 Now, repentance could not come unto men except there were a punishment, which also was eternal as the life of the soul should be, affixed opposite to the plan of happiness, which was as eternal also as the life of the soul.

17 Now, how could a man repent except he should sin? How could he sin if there was no law? How could there be a law save there was a punishment?

18 Now, there was a punishment affixed, and a just law given, which brought remorse of conscience unto man.

19 Now, if there was no law given—if a man murdered he should die—would he be afraid he would die if he should murder?

20 And also, if there was no law given against sin men would not be afraid to sin.

21 And if there was no law given, if men sinned what could justice do, or mercy either, for they would have no claim upon the creature?

22 But there is a law given, and a punishment affixed, and arepentance granted; which repentance, mercy claimeth; otherwise, justice claimeth the creature and executeth thelaw, and the law inflicteth the punishment; if not so, the works of justice would be destroyed, and God would cease to be God.

23 But God ceaseth not to be God, and mercy claimeth the penitent, and mercy cometh because of the atonement; and the atonement bringeth to pass the resurrection of the dead; and the resurrection of the dead bringeth back men into the presence of God; and thus they are restored into his presence, to be judged according to their works, according to the law and justice.

24 For behold, justice exerciseth all his demands, and alsomercy claimeth all which is her own; and thus, none but the truly penitent are saved.

25 What, do ye suppose that mercy can rob justice? I say unto you, Nay; not one whit. If so, God would cease to be God.

26 And thus God bringeth about his great and eternalpurposes, which were prepared from the foundation of the world. And thus cometh about the salvation and the redemption of men, and also their destruction and misery

The Plan of Redemption needs no interpretation. It is what it is, a sophisticated plan of redemption. Why would you read it out of the context of Christian faith. It was compiled specifically for Christianity.

You first have to know what it is before you can determine whether it is universal. You do not know what it is so how do you come to such a ridiculous conclusion.

No, I said that there is historical evidence. I need nothing to give credence to my belief. The Holy Ghost has testified of that to my soul.

No, I need nothing to give credence to my belief. The Holy Ghost has testified of that to my soul.

No, you have not shown it the principle is obvious. To the members of those faiths they hold all the keys to the correct religion. We will all see in due course.

No, I do not accept them as being as true as mine, otherwise I would be a member of several different religions, and that would be a silly notion, as I am sure you will agree. I stick with just one religion. Maybe we are all right. Maybe, and most likely, christianity is the only true religion. It is the only one with a coherent plan and, therefore, meaning to life.

I believe that I have adequately demonstrated that christians are all familiar with the Plan of Salvation, therefore, it is universal amongst christians. The idea of this thread is to demonstrate that a plan, at least 6,000 years old, is so perfectly logical and rational that it cannot be falsified making christianity more likely then not. Thus far I have achieved that goal and the idea that the authenticity of other religions does not threaten the plan in anyway is a reality.

I have always maintained that I cannot prove my beliefs and that if anyone wants to know then the must do what I did. So your statement is nonsensical as it say what I have already said, many times
Quoting scripture to validate scripture doesn't cut it.

Serenity7855

LOL! "heathen biblical scholars!" You obviously haven't actually studied the Bible, - or you would know that Christian scholars point these out as well.

You have the testimony of the Holy Ghost? You should know that your hearing things, does not make them real, or true. We have Biblical scholars for a reason.

All of my information is relevant to the Bible.

The KJV is no different then the others. They all have errors, and added, or changed text.

Another example of your lack of understanding about divinity. The Holy Ghost does not use the laboriously slow and archaic method of words and sentences to communicate with God's children. If he did then how could we tell the difference between what we think to ourselves and what he says. You obviously have never communicated with the Holy Ghost otherwise you would have known that. We have biblical scholars because of mankind's acquisitiveness, his incredulousness in God's words and, of course, the need to make mankind miserable by trying to prove their religion to be farcical. Nothing good comes out of the unnecessary apathetic study of gospel text. It is tantamount to seeking after a sign. A grievous sin.

Gambit

I am looking for someone to stump me on any aspect of Gods marvelous work and wonder to bring to pass the salvation and eternal life of mankind. If it cannot be done then even the disbelieved must concede that it is a rational and logical plan.

According to your scriptures, it is irrational.

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." 1 Corinthians 1:18

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Another example of your lack of understanding about divinity. The Holy Ghost does not use the laboriously slow and archaic method of words and sentences to communicate with God's children. If he did then how could we tell the difference between what we think to ourselves and what he says. You obviously have never communicated with the Holy Ghost otherwise you would have known that. We have biblical scholars because of mankind's acquisitiveness, his incredulousness in God's words and, of course, the need to make mankind miserable by trying to prove their religion to be farcical. Nothing good comes out of the unnecessary apathetic study of gospel text. It is tantamount to seeking after a sign. A grievous sin.
Ah ... THS does not talk, he/she/it "grocks," communication not even parsed by the logic of context, syntax or even language, that does not sound like much more that having my neighbor's god send me an impulse to go and shoot someone. The Son of Sam defense raises its very ugly head.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Inglrdsva said:
ING - Again I am not an Atheist. And NO, all Christians do NOT have the same salvation plan in mind. The debate over works, for instance, comes to mind.

You will have to forgive me but your hostility makes you sound like one.

You are talking about the Borne Again Christians. They have an individual part of the Plan of Redemption wrong. So wrong that they are at risk of not making the higher kingdoms of heaven. They believe that it is only necessary to have faith in Jesus in order to secure their spot in Heaven. They make the role of Christ obsolete. They are wrong on that one piece of their jigsaw puzzle. It does not fit into the whole picture of the Plan of Salvation. But they are no different to all of the different denominations out there. They are all wrong. None of them have the full picture. The Lord made it clear that only a hand full of his elect will recognise his voice. To the Born Again Christians he will say "I knew you not" and that will be true as the majority do not live in accordance to the teachings of Christ. They do not believe in works, which is the hub of the gospel. It has all been prophesied. But, once again, you speak of individual parts of the whole.

And in that first sentence you proved your statement WRONG! And my statement CORRECT.

Here it is again for you -

Ingledsva said:
Again I am not an Atheist. And NO, all Christians do NOT have the same salvation plan in mind. The debate over works, for instance, comes to mind.

Dude! You don't know whom has the ear of God! YOU - thinking - they are wrong, and you correct, doesn't make it so

I am not challenging everybody, just the likes of you, who thinks that to academically study scripture is sufficient to know it is authentic. To study the entire text and cannot see God's Plan of Redemption stairing you in the face because her life is not in line with Gospel principles. It is not my version of scriptures either. It was authored by God and is here to be used by everybody who has a mind to seek out the Saviour of mankind.

ING - Let me start with - you don't know me. You have already made negative comments about me - rather then the debate! If you besmirch my life one more time, I am reporting you.

You, or anybody else here, has yet to successfully rebut anything I have said. I have made it clear when I first joined the forum that I believe the Bible to be the literal word of God and any discrepancies in translation from the original language is intentional and a integral part of the good message. I have also made it clear that I do not believe that the bible is an historical record but that it is a book of commandments that are as relevant to today's generations as they were 2000 years ago.

I will let those who read my post decide whether I am here for honest debate or no.

ING - Many people here have successfully rebutted you! You just refuse to see it!

To use the limited intellect of man to obfuscate the true meaning of the scriptures is heresy and apostate at its extreme.

ING - Dude - you have shown that you don't understand some of the text you choose to post!

Romans 1:22-23 Professing to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures. God is omniscient. If there were errors than he would have turn the errors into truth. He has exactly what he wants in the bible, not what you want.

ING - Why are you going on about a text dealing with Sacred Sex?

1 Corinthians 1:20-21

Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

ING - LOL! A funny verse to post since you are debating! And not understanding the rebuttal.

Colossians 2:8

See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.

ING - Do you even bother to read the whole text before you quote mine. Do you know what this verse is about? Let me add the lower verses.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
Col 2:18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
Col 2:19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
Col 2:23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

This is specifically related to problems they had right then, especially with religious purity laws!

Myth 1: The Bible has been translated so many times we can’t possibly get back to the original.

This myth involves a naïve understanding of what Bible translators actually did. It’s as if once they translated the text, they destroyed their exemplar! Sometimes folks think that translators who were following a tradition (such as the KJV and its descendants, the RV, ASV, RSV, NASB, NKJB, NRSV, and ESV) really did not translate at all but just tweaked the English. Or that somehow the manuscripts that the translators used are now lost entirely.

The reality is that we have almost no record of Christians destroying biblical manuscripts throughout the entire history of the Church. And those who translated in a tradition bothexamined the English and the original tongues. Decent scholars improved on the text as they compared notes and manuscripts. Finally, we still have almost all of the manuscripts that earlier English translators used. And we have many, many more as well. The KJV New Testament, for example, was essentially based on seven Greek manuscripts, dating no earlier than the eleventh century. Today we have about 5800 Greek manuscripts of the New Testament, including those that the KJV translators used. And they date as early as the second century. So, as time goes on, we are actually getting closer to the originals, not farther away.

Five More Myths about Bible Translations and the Transmission of the Text | Daniel B. Wallace

BULL! Dude! Just BULL! There are many problems, and Atheists, Agnostics, Christians, and Jews, have told you about these. You are the one who chooses to bury your head in the sand concerning such problems. And you have been told this by multiple people! Perhaps it is time to take a look at yourself, and the things you are saying here!

CLICK the newest EXPAND to see the latest, LOL!

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

LOL! You never learn! YOU are quoting Bible text!

You are a real hoot, Dude!

Serenity7855

LOL! You never learn! YOU are quoting Bible text!

You are a real hoot, Dude!

Anyone who threatens to report post because it hits home a little too hard is to dangerous to have honest and open debate with as you never know what is too sensitive to debate, giving you an unjustified bad name with the moderation, so, we will have t call it a day DUDE LOL

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Anyone who threatens to report post because it hits home a little too hard is to dangerous to have honest and open debate with as you never know what is too sensitive to debate, giving you an unjustified bad name with the moderation, so, we will have t call it a day DUDE LOL
You are, as usual, engaged in a logical fallacy and a philosophical fantasy.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

What a bunch of BULL!

You have implied that I am immoral a couple of times now! As I said - do so again - and I will report you!.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

That is funny, when you quote from a book most people have never heard of, from a group still not generally accepted by mainstream Christianity.

That is from The Book Of Alma. I assume that is why you only put in the numbers?

Serenity7855

What a bunch of BULL!

You have implied that I am immoral a couple of times now! As I said - do so again - and I will report you!.

I wrote "To study the entire text and cannot see God's Plan of Redemption stairing you in the face because her life is not in line with Gospel principles." I am not implying anything, in fact I am talking in the context of the third person and I am suggesting that the person is not in line with Gospel principles. It was you who added the word "immoral" not me. So, if I see it necessary, in the future, to point out why a persons post demonstrates a failure to become a Christian then I will have no compunction but to say so.

Serenity7855

That is funny, when you quote from a book most people have never heard of, from a group still not generally accepted by mainstream Christianity.

That is from The Book Of Alma. I assume that is why you only put in the numbers?

I think that you might be a tad wrong in suggesting that nobody has heard of it. The Mormons have statistics that will refute that.

Secondly, the real name of the Mormon church is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints". The religion bears the name of Christ and the centre of their worship and entire belief surrounds Jesus Christ. They follow his teachings as well. Pretty much the same as any other religion that calls themselves Christians. In the UK they are considered to be Christians.

I merely forgot to put chapter and verse as I was not using the verses to demonstrate the authenticity of a particular scripture, but I was using the verses to show what the plan of salvation is. I could have used my words but these are far more descriptive then anything I may have written.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
I wrote "To study the entire text and cannot see God's Plan of Redemption stairing you in the face because her life is not in line with Gospel principles." I am not implying anything, in fact I am talking in the context of the third person and I am suggesting that the person is not in line with Gospel principles. It was you who added the word "immoral" not me. So, if I see it necessary, in the future, to point out why a persons post demonstrates a failure to become a Christian then I will have no compunction but to say so.
You are, at least, describing an Emperor's New Clothes situation, this plan evidently can be easily seen by all Christians who agree with you and only Christians who agree with you..

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
You are, at least, describing an Emperor's New Clothes situation, this plan evidently can be easily seen by all Christians who agree with you and only Christians who agree with you..

And any Christians who disagree, they have to be wrong. Amazingly enough, the Christians who disagree think exactly the same thing about him. Strange how that works.