• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fasting

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I have fasted for 24 hours before, and I have found it to be extremely valuable. I am now trying to go up to a 48 hour fast. Any tips for going from 24 to 48?

You can expect to feel at least a little sick once you get into the second day. Best thing to do is to schedule it for a time when you don't have to do anything, especially anything involving clear-headedness: driving, operating power tools, ets, because you may feel dizzy too.

OK I am fasting and everyone and their brother seems to be bumping every food thread. WTF? Are you trying to tempt me to break my fast? Sheesh. :p

LOL! You'll also begin to notice that there are at least 5 times as many fast-food commercials on TV and pizza delivery vehicles on the street as usual. :D

And that your neighbors are having more bar-b-ques.

Nashitheki

Hollawitta
Without food and just enough water to live for 15 days. I have never again fasted that long. Now it's only one to three days.