• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Christmas Song?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
There's one by John Lennon whose title I can't think of at the moment, I'm afraid. Other than that, I love "Carol of the Bells" and "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen." (Especially the BNL version.)

With that said, I'm going to speak out about something I've kept silent on for a long, long time. (Unless I was whining about it last Yule, in which case, strike that last remark from your minds.)
I extremely dislike Christmas songs. "Rudolf" makes me cover my ears- "Holly, Jolly Christmas" makes my ears bleed and anyone singing "My Two Front Teeth" can expect to find themselves bitten.

FFH

Veteran Member
NetDoc said:
Carol of the Bells always sends shivers up my spine.

Handel's Messiah also makes me feel GREAT.
This is the first one that comes to my mind. Bells represent liberty and freedom to me. Precious gifts of God.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
FeathersinHair said:
There's one by John Lennon whose title I can't think of at the moment, ...
I think it's 'So This Is Christmas'.

My wife & I love Christmas music, and she keeps some Christmas Music in our Bug's 6 CD changer and her iPod year round.:D

OK...so many choices...hard to narrow down, but here goes:

Songs we sing in church - 'Angels We Have Heard on High' and 'Adeste Fideles' (O Come All Ye Faithful). It sounds so beautiful in Latin

Songs on the radio - 'Little Drummer Boy' by the Harry Simeon Chorale Singers, the 'Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth' medley from 1970 by Bing Crosby and a very young David Bowie

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
CaptainXeroid said:
I think it's 'So This Is Christmas'.

My wife & I love Christmas music, and she keeps some Christmas Music in our Bug's 6 CD changer and her iPod year round.:D

OK...so many choices...hard to narrow down, but here goes:

Songs we sing in church - 'Angels We Have Heard on High' and 'Adeste Fideles' (O Come All Ye Faithful). It sounds so beautiful in Latin

Songs on the radio - 'Little Drummer Boy' by the Harry Simeon Chorale Singers, the 'Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth' medley from 1970 by Bing Crosby and a very young David Bowie
Blast, I didn't see your answer; just worked out it was "So this is Chrismas"; I love 'Little Drummer boy' too, and 'When a child is born' (johnny Mathis).

standing_alone

I don't know if this counts as a Christmas song or not, but I really like "The Night Santa Went Crazy" by Weird Al. It really puts me in the Christmas spirit. I remember spending Christmas with my family and me and my cousins would crowd around the CD player listening to this song numerous times. Such fond memories bring tears to my eyes. For the rest of Christmas songs, with a few exceptions, I can't stand them. Especially after you worked retail during the post-Thanksgiving - pre-Christmas insanity. Hearing those songs over and over all day (plus working at OfficeMax with that Rubberband Man commercial playing constantly on the TV display) will make you reconsider going on with life. All I can say is Thank Some Higher Power that I'm unemployed this Christmas season!

Dark_Waltz

I saw Mummy kissing Santa Claus
Underneath the mistletoe last night.
She didn't see me creep
Down the stairs to have a peep;
She thought that I was tucked up
In my bedroom fast asleep.

Then, I saw Mummy tickle Santa Claus
Underneath his beard so snowy white;
Oh, what a laugh it would have been
If Daddy had only seen
Mummy kissing Santa Claus last night.

Very very cute

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
O Holy Night -- when sung plainly and properly, and not given an overly elaborate "gospel" treatment (as in Mariah Carey's recording).

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
To be honest, 12gatsu no Love Song by Gackt is one of my favorite Christmas songs. It's just so dang cheery.

Ardent Listener

What is your favorite Christmas song? Why is it your favorite?

Mine is the old Here Comes Santa Claus. I think it is the perfect blend of the spirit of the Christmas season. It includes the magic of Santa Claus, but honors the birth of Jesus.

Solon

Yes, but she has great assets lol, I liked her old stuffbest, like Fantasy. Come to think of it, would make a good Christamas song, along with ' I shot the Santa' lol

Pah

Uber all member
I love "What child is this". But I should explain I'm more into the melody than the words of any Christmas carole. None of the non-christian songs are in my season's top 20.

Why "What child is this"? - because it was first know as "Greensleeves" and sung by Joan Baez in her early days.

Cynic

"Peace", by Norah Jones, because it has a very classy, relaxed jazzy feel. It's good Christmas dinner music.
That and "Silent Night" sung by Boys II Men.