• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fear is your enemy

zenzero

Its only a Label
Freind Francine,
Exactly,
Fear too is of the mind, mindlessness knows no fear.
Love & rgds

Yes and in the long run fear has proven adaptive in producing rational thinking
Is it a natural mechanism?
Is it biological or psychological?
Fear releases chemicals in your body. This would certainly be considered biological.
The trigger is in how you think.
I think love and fear are closely related in the effect they can have in our life.

Francine

Mindlessness also knows no love.

What do you call this, then, a platonic kiss?

para2.jpg

The Great Architect

the artificial fear, which my body is generating, as a result of this illness, is certainly no help to me.

There is no external stimulus to cause my fear; and yet, I am afraid. It's most unhelpful.

I have a feeling that was not what you were talking about, though. Sorry.

the artificial fear, which my body is generating, as a result of this illness, is certainly no help to me.

There is no external stimulus to cause my fear; and yet, I am afraid. It's most unhelpful.

I have a feeling that was not what you were talking about, though. Sorry.
That is exactly what I am talking about. Fear with no external stimulus. Internal or self generated fear can change your prespective of life. Don't let fear stop you from having a rich life.
Who was that guy who was voted most likely to say "Hey, watch this" just before he died?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
Truth is we all have minds which has all the qualities like love, hate, fear etc. These and more are all part of its nature.
The only way out is by being constantly aware of the mind. If it feels FEAR. Being alert at all times, one can see the root of where that particular fear comes from. Through this watchful method one can slowly erase not only those qualities of the mind and still it but also erase the karma balance.
Total acceptance and awareness at all times as a mantra surely is a way.
Love & rgds

The Great Architect

That is exactly what I am talking about. Fear with no external stimulus. Internal or self generated fear can change your prespective of life. Don't let fear stop you from having a rich life.
Who was that guy who was voted most likely to say "Hey, watch this" just before he died?
I don't know. But my artificial fear is generated because my autonomic nervous system is busted, at present. It's impossible to stop it from manifesting itself. It is strange, because the fear reaction, has little or no connection, to external stimuli.:shrug:

Francine

Fundamentalist Christianity is based on fear, fear of ending up in the flames of hell!:eek:

That's why 90% of the fundie religion is focused on having "assurance" they will escape the flames. Non-fundies have their head down, addressing the needs of their neighbors at hand.

w00t

That's why 90% of the fundie religion is focused on having "assurance" they will escape the flames. Non-fundies have their head down, addressing the needs of their neighbors at hand.

Maybe the fundies might be in for a shock one day! :D

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend wOOt,
Maybe the fundies might be in for a shock one day!
It is that shock that will stop the mind for a few moments and those moments the glimpse is possible.
Love & rgds