• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fifty-eight Percent of Americans Favorable to Palin

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Interesting commentary from EJ Dionne on Sarah Palin:

Pulling the Curtain on Palin
By E. J. Dionne Jr.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008; Page A23

John McCain's campaign acknowledged this weekend that Sarah Palin is unprepared to be vice president or president of the United States.

Of course, McCain's people said no such thing. But their actions told you all you needed to know.

McCain, Barack Obama and Joe Biden all subjected themselves to tough questioning on the regular Sunday news programs. Palin was the only no-show. And it's not just the Sunday interviews. She has not opened herself to any serious questioning since McCain picked her to be next in line for the presidency.

McCain's advisers clearly don't trust Palin to answer questions about policy and don't want her to answer many of the questions that have been raised about her tenure as governor of Alaska.

Rick Davis, McCain's campaign manager, gave the game away when he said on "Fox News Sunday" that she would not meet with reporters until they showed a willingness to treat her "with some level of respect and deference."

Deference? That's a word used in monarchies or aristocracies. Democracies don't give "deference" to politicians. When have McCain, Obama, Biden or, for that matter, Hillary Clinton asked for deference?

A few hours later came the announcement that Palin would grant an interview to ABC News's Charlie Gibson. Recall that Gibson was the co-host of an ABC News debate last April during which Obama faced a relentless pounding. Here's hoping that a sense of fairness will lead Gibson to be comparably tough on Palin this week. If he treats her more deferentially than he did Obama, we will know that McCain's war on the media is working.

Balance of Op-Ed here: washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Which is why Obama should have picked Clinton.

No, he picked the person who got the least amount of votes during the primary season.

He picked a person who has been in Washington forever and made a joke out of his "change" mantra.

The only reason he would have picked Biden is because he would need his help with foreign affairs only proving that he is inexperienced and not ready to be President.

The Democrats are unable to choose the correct people to represent them. They pander to the extreme left when they have their vote anyway. The moderate undecided vote is what is needed to get elected.

Hillary should have been the nominee and chose Obama for VP. Oh well, perhaps in 4 more years the Dem's might get their act together. They presently have the majority in congress and have not got a thing done. They currently hold a lower opinion rating in the United States than GWB.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Whoa, I didn't even believe this till I looked it up and found its true. Great job there congress, you can't even surpass the President. :clap

Exactly, and both candidates addressed this at the live CNN forum last night. Confidence in government from the citizens by and large is absolutely dismal. McCain mentioned that trust needs to be restored, and Obama mentioned that government needs to be "cool" again. :D

What's the approval rating for Congress again? Like 9% or something? Good heavens..........:eek:

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Obama should have picked Clinton so that Biden wouldn't appear to be beating up Palin?:rolleyes:
1. If Obama had picked Clinton, it's likely that McCain wouldn't even have picked Palin in the first place. He was so going after Clinton supporters, and unfortunately I think some of them (not most) are stupid enough to want two X-chromosomes regardless of what views they espouse.

2. YES, so that there would be no appearance of beating up a woman. Not just Biden but the entire Obama campaign. If Clinton were on the ticket, this outrageous claim that "lipstick on a pig" was directed at Palin would never have even been tried, much less gotten off the ground.

I like Biden, but he brings no energy to the ticket. And given his renown temper, he brings some possible liabilities.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
No one polled me. :( I'm never included in the polls to determine what percentage of americans think or do something or another... Everyone always forgets about me.