• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fifty Shades of Grey

Rakhel

Well...they have cast the main characters for the movie
Untitled-1125242--525x300.jpg

Dakota Johnson and Charlie Hunnam
what do you think.
'50 Shades of Grey' film gets its Anastasia and Christian - NYPOST.com

Skwim

Veteran Member
Johnson doesn't look innocent enough, at not least in this picture, and Hunnam looks far too beefy as I remember the character, and perhaps to young and not accomplished enough business-wise. In all, poor choices.

Rakhel

Johnson doesn't look innocent enough, at not least in this picture, and Hunnam looks far too beefy as I remember the character, and perhaps to young and not accomplished enough business-wise. In all, poor choices.
Unless the magic of Hollywood does it's job, those two aren't going to work. Sure. you can change her hair color but can you get rid of his muscles?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Unless the magic of Hollywood does it's job, those two aren't going to work. Sure. you can change her hair color but can you get rid of his muscles?

Physically, they aren't anything like I imagined. I thought either Ian Somerhalder or Matt Bomer were better choices for Christian Grey. Wasn't sure who was going to play Anastasia, but that's how I imagined it.

These two are surprising. We'll see how it plays out. If they have a good team with solid direction they might bring the kink to the screen, but I'm less hopeful of having a successful film adaption given that I assume they'll have to tone it down quite a bit to get an R-rating. Because the kinky sex scenes are so pivotal to the story, IMO, I'm really really curious how they'll pull it off.