• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FINALLY, the Proof That There Is No GOD!!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
If the starting point of life is without God, I'd rather be dead. Sorry to be blunt, but my relationship with God plays such an important role in my life that I couldn't possibly imagine being without it. That's just my own experience though.
I personally believe that the starting point of your life, my life and the life of every other person was without God, and I think life is very much worth living. Maybe it's just a question of what each of us is used to. I don't see anything wrong or bad about living in a godless universe at all.

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
I personally believe that the starting point of your life, my life and the life of every other person was without God, and I think life is very much worth living. Maybe it's just a question of what each of us is used to. I don't see anything wrong or bad about living in a godless universe at all.

But do you see anything wrong with living in a godful universe?

Starfish

Please no sarcasm
I keep involving myself in these debates with religious minded people who think that there will pandemonium if the existence or the affects of GOD are proven false. They mention that there will be blood in the streets but they do not mention who will be shedding it. They mention stealing and rioting on a grand scale but they do not mention if law enforcement will be participating in these riots. They mention that normal, stable people who were once moral will lose all sense of control of their ethics. They mention that the world will become one pile of enmeshed humans engaging in one united orgy and engorging their sexual prowess in anything that moves or still contains a pulse.

Is this scenario accurate?
Will the proven non-existence of GOD mean that we have carte blanche?
What will keep some people in control of their disappointment? Who will people turn to for goodness, love and justice?

Hmmm. I thought you had proof.

mudge991

Actually I dont think it's plausable there is a god. What did God do during that eternity before he created everything? If God was all that existed back then, what disturbed the eternal equilibrium and compelled him to create? Was he bored? Was he lonely? God is supposed to be perfect. If something is perfect, it is complete--it needs nothing else. We humans engage in activities because we are pursuing that elusive perfection, because there is disequilibrium caused by a difference between what we are and what we want to be. If God is perfect, there can be no disequilibrium. There is nothing he needs, nothing he desires, and nothing he must or will do. A God who is perfect does nothing except exist. A perfect creator God is impossible.

Starfish

Please no sarcasm
Actually I dont think it's plausable there is a god. What did God do during that eternity before he created everything? If God was all that existed back then, what disturbed the eternal equilibrium and compelled him to create? Was he bored? Was he lonely? God is supposed to be perfect. If something is perfect, it is complete--it needs nothing else. We humans engage in activities because we are pursuing that elusive perfection, because there is disequilibrium caused by a difference between what we are and what we want to be. If God is perfect, there can be no disequilibrium. There is nothing he needs, nothing he desires, and nothing he must or will do. A God who is perfect does nothing except exist. A perfect creator God is impossible.

Maybe our world wasn't his first.

thorman

seizure freak
Why did God have to do anything before us? How could a being who is infinitely happy in HIMSELF need anything else? My God is a God of pure and wild joy-- joy in Himself for even when He looks at His creation He sees only His own fingerprints. I agree that a perfect creator God does nothing except exist. But God is also a God of Love. The universe was created not out of boredom but out of love so that others could experience the divine joy.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Why did God have to do anything before us?
God does everything before us because we live in an after-world. Every event we can know of has already happened: every thing, every idea, every thought, is already done by the time we know it. Existence has happened by the time we can know of it. God comes before because what we experience is the after.

How could a being who is infinitely happy in HIMSELF need anything else?
I don't know --how could you need anything else? Perhaps you don't. After all, we have everything. We have the whole world at our disposal, including unhappiness. Inherent happiness can be found anywhere, in anything complete unto itself, even unhappiness.

And people do love their misery (otherwise why would they hold onto it so securely?).

My God is a God of pure and wild joy-- joy in Himself for even when He looks at His creation He sees only His own fingerprints. I agree that a perfect creator God does nothing except exist. But God is also a God of Love. The universe was created not out of boredom but out of love so that others could experience the divine joy.
That's lovely, thank you for that image.

thorman

seizure freak
"God does everything before us because we live in an after-world. Every event we can know of has already happened: every thing, every idea, every thought, is already done by the time we know it. Existence has happened by the time we can know of it. God comes before because what we experience is the after."

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by this. Could you explain further?

Fluffy

A fool
sandy said:
Logically, it cannot be proven that something doesn't exist.
Proof is unnecessary. Surely an argument that shows that non-existence has less epistemic value than existence would do the trick?

logician

"
Logically, it cannot be proven that something doesn't exist."

Most god concepts can be disproven, although that doesn't matter a whit to the believers.

Somkid

The fact that god is not real to me makes everything so much more precious and to be treated with respect. If there was a god nothing would be unique it would all serve the same single purpose and all would be headed for the same destination making everything predictable if nothing else.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Sorry, that's not a logical proof. Something has to exist in order for there to be a logical proof associated with it.

Logical fallacies from: http://www.nobeliefs.com/fallacies.htmproving

non-existence: when an arguer cannot provide the evidence for his claims, he may challenge his opponent to prove it doesn't exist (e.g., prove God doesn't exist; prove UFO's haven't visited earth, etc.). Although one may prove non-existence in special limitations, such as showing that a box does not contain certain items, one cannot prove universal or absolute non-existence, or non-existence out of ignorance. One cannot prove something that does not exist. The proof of existence must come from those who make the claims.