• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finding A Religion

J Bryson

Aw, Wicca's a great path, and the followers I've known tend to throw the best parties. They also have a huge geek culture within the path, so there's always someone to discuss comic books and role-playing games with. Enjoy it!

ayani

hey, DS.

beginning the search for a meaningful and cohesive belief system can be one of the most exciting things a person can do.

every time save one i've been drawn to exploring and even committing to a new faith, i'd ask myself "can i see this being true? does this make sense to me?" and go based on that.

from what i hear, a lot of people move from one faith to a new one based on this creteia, at least in part. reading a good deal never hurts. i'd suggest going back to the scriptures (if applicable) of that faith to see what the faith's founder originally said, did, taught, etc.

and sometimes the truth is not what we expected it to be.

Lehnah

Master of the Mystic Arts
Thanks for all the kinds words and well wishing, folks. I've really been enjoying simply reading about Wicca over the past week. I've done a few energy, visualization and meditation practices as well as a self-initiation. It's all very new and very exhilarating. I kind of feel stronger in myself because it is something I feel I can believe in. I've a long way to go but it's a heck of an adventure!

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend DoctorStrange,

So, finally what is it?
You found any?
or has any found you yet?

Love & rgds

Lehnah

Master of the Mystic Arts
Well, yes. Wicca. I stated this a number of times in previous posts. I though that was obvious which is why your question threw me.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Doctor Strange,

Sorry, if had missed that part of you settling for *wicca*

Now that your search is over, can you share
1. What is Religion?
2. Why does one need it?
3. What happens with or without it?

Love & rgds

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Trey of Diamonds,

What an odd way to put that. I know you don't mean to say being a Wiccan is settling in any way.

Sorry, if that hurt.
It was/is not intentional as just wanted to state that out of all others you have selected one [anyone] as all are labels; the response that am looking for Friend Doctor Strange are the one's mentioned after that sentence which you have read for sure.

Love & rgds

GURSIKH

chardi kla
I'm almost always a Sikh on there!

hey od congratulations
:band:.

http://sikhquotes.org/index.html

pearl+s+buck.jpg

Pearl S. Buck Noble Laureate, ‘Good Earth’

"I have studied the scriptures of the great religions, but I do not find elsewhere the same power of appeal to the heart and mind as I find here in these volumes. They are compact in spite of their length and are a revelation of the concept of God to the recognition and indeed the insistence upon the practical needs of the human body. There is something strangely modern about these scriptures and this puzzled me until I learned that they are in fact comparatively modern, compiled as late as the 16th century when explorers were beginning to discover the globe upon which we all live is a single entity divided only by arbitrary lines of our making. Perhaps this sense of unity is the source of power I find in these volumes. They speak to a person of any religion or of none. They speak for the human heart and the searching mind.

The hymns in Guru Granth are an expression of man’s loneliness, his aspirations, his longings, his cry to God and his hunger for communication with that being. It speaks to me of life and death; of time and eternity; of temporal human body and its needs; of the mystic human soul and its longing to be fulfilled; of God and the indissoluble bond between them."

satnam

For a while now I've been looking for a religion or belief system. I've felt there has been something missing from my life and I think it's any kind of belief in anything. However, I've not found any religion that really speaks to me, although I have looked at many. Left Hand Path is what I feel myself relating to most so I class myself as that but it isn't really a religion as such, more it's a view point.

I'm trying to learn more to inform myself but I really don't know where I should be looking. I feel like I need to channel my beliefs into something but I don't want to make my beliefs "fit" to match any pre-existing system. Yeah, I know, I'm complicated. :slap:

So, if anyone has any suggestions on where I should look or whatever please let me know.

Cheers.

It is apparently you are confused so much .I am thinking mankind should find out themselves in the inner side .Inner side of mankind helps to figure it out the way they should go .Most of the time inner side invites people to wish reaching God .Wishing reach God is the entirely unique solution for mankind

Brahman

Paramatman
For a while now I've been looking for a religion or belief system. I've felt there has been something missing from my life and I think it's any kind of belief in anything. However, I've not found any religion that really speaks to me, although I have looked at many. Left Hand Path is what I feel myself relating to most so I class myself as that but it isn't really a religion as such, more it's a view point.

I'm trying to learn more to inform myself but I really don't know where I should be looking. I feel like I need to channel my beliefs into something but I don't want to make my beliefs "fit" to match any pre-existing system. Yeah, I know, I'm complicated. :slap:

So, if anyone has any suggestions on where I should look or whatever please let me know.

Cheers.

I would say for you to become apart of the religious movement of the New Age. What you do is take alot of beliefs from other religious that you like, put them together and call it what you want.

Cheers.

you need not to look for any religion somewhere.In the name of finding and improving yourself you have everthing on your own .Dont go anywhere , you should go inside of you .You have been created to live a single religion as a nature like others all over the world . Inside of you will bring you to open the door of happiness for both world .Main theme here should be inserted in your heart ,You need to this .
You need to wish reaching God before death .