• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flies

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
With the recent rains we've had lately, I've noticed an increase in flies and mosquitos.

What is it with flies anyway? Considering their size and the fact that they fly around humans with the apparent intention of being as annoying as possible, I'm just wondering what goes through their tiny little brains.

That-Giant-Just-Tried-To-Kill-Me-Funny-Fly-Meme.jpg

2d5nyh.jpg

giphy.gif

So, is there anyone out there who likes flies? Does anyone understand flies and why they do what they do?

I don't like flies.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
With the recent rains we've had lately, I've noticed an increase in flies and mosquitos.

What is it with flies anyway? Considering their size and the fact that they fly around humans with the apparent intention of being as annoying as possible, I'm just wondering what goes through their tiny little brains.

2d5nyh.jpg

giphy.gif

So, is there anyone out there who likes flies? Does anyone understand flies and why they do what they do?

I don't like flies.
Their brains are pretty tiny. I've actually dissected them out and there isn't much there. But they make up for it with personality.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Some people seem to either attract mosquitos or not repel them as well as other people. But houseflies are just jerks.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What was the last thing that went through the flies brain as it hit the windshield of a speeding car.

its arse

Orbit

I'm a planet

2d5nyh.jpg

giphy.gif

I don't like flies.

You don't know flies until you come to eastern New Mexico. Local legend says it's because of the numerous local dairies, but I don't know what the connection is supposed to be. It's fly city, except during winter.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Mozzies seem to love RH neg blood in preference to any other blood group. Yes you guessed it, im RH neg
As I recall, flies are attracted by CO2 gradients. More precisely, they home in on us following that gradient. Of course, we throw off lots of different compounds that could make us more or less desirable to flies.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Mozzies seem to love RH neg blood in preference to any other blood group. Yes you guessed it, im RH neg

When I was visiting with family in Louisiana, we were sitting in my cousin's front yard in a rather swampy area. The mosquitos were held off by quite a number of dragonflies which were hovering around us. I did gain an appreciation for dragonflies.

ChristineM

Premium Member

2d5nyh.jpg

giphy.gif

I don't like flies.

Rest assured that you are not alone in this. We have had a very wet summer and it seems to have brought out more flies than usual

ChristineM

Premium Member
When I was visiting with family in Louisiana, we were sitting in my cousin's front yard in a rather swampy area. The mosquitos were held off by quite a number of dragonflies which were hovering around us. I did gain an appreciation for dragonflies.

And they are very pretty ;-).

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
Flies. The OT's. Original Trolls.

Flies are drawn to bacteria as well as other tiny food sources. Your body is mostly food sources for them. You're basically a combative cheeseburger to a fly.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Flies. The OT's. Original Trolls.

Flies are drawn to bacteria as well as other tiny food sources. Your body is mostly food sources for them. You're basically a combative cheeseburger to a fly.
Not me. I'm too sweet. It overwhelms them.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You don't know flies until you come to eastern New Mexico. Local legend says it's because of the numerous local dairies, but I don't know what the connection is supposed to be. It's fly city, except during winter.
Alaska is another state that pretty bad for flies in their short summer. I have heard stories of them being so thick they cause caribou to run recklessly over cliffs in an effort to avoid them.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Probably one of the safest ways to eliminate flies is sanitation. Remove animal waste, food waste, standing water, old tires, carcasses and dead bodies from around your house and that should keep the flies down.