• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flies

Jeremiah Ames

With the recent rains we've had lately, I've noticed an increase in flies and mosquitos.

What is it with flies anyway? Considering their size and the fact that they fly around humans with the apparent intention of being as annoying as possible, I'm just wondering what goes through their tiny little brains.

That-Giant-Just-Tried-To-Kill-Me-Funny-Fly-Meme.jpg

2d5nyh.jpg

giphy.gif

So, is there anyone out there who likes flies? Does anyone understand flies and why they do what they do?

I don't like flies.

Please, no flies.

But I understand they have a purpose.

Wildstar

With the recent rains we've had lately, I've noticed an increase in flies and mosquitos.

What is it with flies anyway? Considering their size and the fact that they fly around humans with the apparent intention of being as annoying as possible, I'm just wondering what goes through their tiny little brains.

2d5nyh.jpg

giphy.gif

So, is there anyone out there who likes flies? Does anyone understand flies and why they do what they do?

I don't like flies.
I like flies. I find them fascinating and rather adorable when they clean themselves. None I know or have met to date, share my pleasant disposition towards these little flying things.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
I like flies. I find them fascinating and rather adorable when they clean themselves. None I know or have met to date, share my pleasant disposition towards these little flying things.

I liked them when I was a younger person. I named them all Daryl.

I began to dislike them when I had stuff displayed on the walls and they began to poop on it. Pooping on my stuff is usually a deal breaker for me.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
I almost forgot. My record for catching flies at work by hand is about 70%. I have pretty quick hands for an old dude.

It is not something I have to do for the job. Just a fringe benefit.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

2d5nyh.jpg

giphy.gif

I don't like flies.
Flies are amazing. Marvels of flight.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Flies are amazing. Marvels of flight.

I recall many years ago, for a period of a few days, I was incessantly menaced by this insufferable fly. It would fly and buzz right in my ear when I was trying to sleep, especially in the early morning. I tried to go after it with a fly swatter a number of times, but unsuccessfully.