• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who doubt the Ouija Board...

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
If you think the Ouija board is a joke, do you feel the same way about Tarot readings, Runes, Palm Readings, Ball Gazing, Dice, Tea Leaves, Pendulums, Astrology, any other form of Divination, or Fortune Telling?

Yes to all

As a teen, me and friends once took a Ouija board to a drinking spot, that is rumoured to be the spot of a tragic death and used it. Nothing happened, besides I drank to much and got sick :sad4:

Hitchey

I had one when I was a kid. It was one of my favorite toys for about a month. It sat around in the back of my room for a couple years until high school when I needed a surface to aid in manual cigarette rolling. :p

I had one weird experience with it. I supposedly contacted a guy named Bob. I swear I didn't move the heart thing myself. He said he would arrive around 11:30 pm the next night. I was kind of worried. He never showed, lucky me i guess.

It seems, at least, that you put yours to good use. :)

I had an Ouija board as well, given by my father one Christmas. It seems he had one as a kid and had a lot of fun with it. I had great expectations but nothing supernatural ever happened. Years later my sister bought one for her kids to spook each other with. No one ever experienced the unexplained. You can only have so many non-starters before you begin to doubt the claims.

I know there are those who think the Ouija board is a treacherous doorway to the demonic world. All I can say to that is 'Show me'. Once counted among those who were willing to believe I must now reject such claims.

Hitchey

Yes to all
As a teen, me and friends once took a Ouija board to a drinking spot, that is rumoured to be the spot of a tragic death and used it. Nothing happened, besides I drank to much and got sick :sad4:

LOL!

As a teen we had a darkened room and black candles. Our instructor (my friend) in this effort fancied himself familiar with the supernatural. He asserted he had contact with the spirit world, but no fruit was born of our efforts when all of us got together. It seemed only to work when he was on his own. Sigh!

Hitchey

If you think the Ouija board is a joke, do you feel the same way about Tarot readings, Runes, Palm Readings, Ball Gazing, Dice, Tea Leaves, Pendulums, Astrology, any other form of Divination, or Fortune Telling?

I wouldn't want to be rude, but I certainly can't take any of it seriously. In my youth I had a real problem with the claims of astrology. In the same years I was investing time in the supernatural I was also deeply interested in astronomy. The two are not a good fit. I don't think anyone who understands astronomy well can accept any astrological claims. I also suspect that anyone who understands DNA's role is going to place any significance in palm reading. Think about it. Chimps have unique lines on the palms of their hands as well. Could you read a chimp's future by looking at its palm? I would predict, not, but if one understood genetics well enough I bet you might predict the pattern of lines on the hands of an unborn babe.

I could go on, but you get the idea.