• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freeda Womb

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Read parts of/ skipped through the PDF. Didnt see what you are talking about.

Can't you just "quote" the specifics of what you are talking about?
lol, you are the one who originally referred to the bill. Unfortunately, you are going to have to read the bill to see the devil in the details and apply some critical thought to get my point. I will point out that the bill does mention hydraencephaly, but provides no provisions for the necessary steps in cases of severe hydraencephaly where the only way to get the fetus out of the woman is to either dismember the fetus or dismember the woman. Yeah, it's a gruesome choice. The requirements of this bill will make the required treatment impossible. I guess both the woman and the fetus die or the doctor faces prison. Thanks politicians.

We Never Know

No Slack
lol, you are the one who originally referred to the bill. Unfortunately, you are going to have to read the bill to see the devil in the details and apply some critical thought to get my point.
Yes I brought up she voted against a bill for banning abortions 20+ weeks. .

You said you would have too for xxx reasons.

I am asking you to quote those reasons.

I will point out that the bill does mention hydraencephaly, but provides no provisions for the necessary steps in cases of severe hydraencephaly where the only way to get the fetus out of the woman is to either dismember the fetus or dismember the woman. Yeah, it's a gruesome choice. The requirements of this bill will make the required treatment impossible. I guess both the woman and the fetus die or the doctor faces prison. Thanks politicians.
The bill says that the abortion isn't prohibited if a mothers life is in danger.

And what you speak of, hydranencephal is very rare, happens in about 0.02% of pregnancies.

In the bill all I could find about it is..

"(7) Substantial evidence indicates that children born missing the bulk of the cerebral cortex, those with hydranencephaly, nevertheless experience pain."

Last edited:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Yes, forcing restrictions on people to stop killing human life is acceptable, I am sure you believe this as well. No one has the liberty or freedom to kill a human life.
And I do not define a "human being" as a fetus in the womb incapable of survival without remaining there. It is an utterly dependent being. Mark that -- utterly and completely dependent. That means dependent on the mother staying alive, staying healthy -- and on her WILL. If you don't accept that, then you deny a woman's right to her own will when pregnant. I can't do that.

As I have said many, many, many times, when survival ex-utero is possible, my attitude changes, and it is now a matter of whether the health/life of the mother are imperilled. This becomes a whole different question. But why would we bother fussing over it, because it happens in only around 1% or fewer of all abortions?

crossfire

Premium Member
Yes I brought up she voted against a bill for banning abortions 20+ weeks. .

You said you would have too for xxx reasons.

I am asking you to quote those reasons.

The bill says that the abortion isn't prohibited if a mothers life is in danger.

And what you speak of, hydranencephal is very rare, happens in about 0.02% of pregnancies.

In the bill all I could find about it is..

"(7) Substantial evidence indicates that children born missing the bulk of the cerebral cortex, those with hydranencephaly, nevertheless experience pain."

Yep, now read all of the provisions in the bill doctors must do in order to provide the medical care, or face 5 years prison and/or fines. I'd have to quote the entire bill. Please note that most of the abortions after 20 weeks are done for medical reasons, and constitute less than 1% of all abortions.

So basically, this bill would make needed medical care related to botched pregnancies almost unobtainable with all of the bureaucratic requirements written by non-healthcare practitioners. If the bureaucratic requirements are not met, doctors can face 5 years prison and/or fines.

You will have to read "Subsection (a)" to see the bureaucratic requirements. It takes up a very large portion of the bill.

‘‘(c) CRIMINAL PENALTY .—Whoever violates sub-3
section (a) shall be fined under this title or imprisoned4
for not more than 5 years, or both.

Last edited:

Clizby Wampuscat

And I do not define a "human being"
It is a living human life.

as a fetus in the womb incapable of survival without remaining there. It is an utterly dependent being.
So is a one month old baby.
Mark that -- utterly and completely dependent. That means dependent on the mother staying alive, staying healthy -- and on her WILL. If you don't accept that, then you deny a woman's right to her own will when pregnant. I can't do that.
No, almost all mothers had the choice to become pregnant. I support their right to choose not to get pregnant.
As I have said many, many, many times, when survival ex-utero is possible, my attitude changes, and it is now a matter of whether the health/life of the mother are imperilled. This becomes a whole different question. But why would we bother fussing over it, because it happens in only around 1% or fewer of all abortions?
Because all human life matters.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yup, and Roe worked perfectly well for 50 years. States had their post-viability restrictions and they were reasonable. Now we start over from an unreasonable point.
I read that Trump's platform says he wants the
people to decide about abortion....but it's
some people making the decision for other
people. And choosing Vance as VP suggests
intention to make it illegal for the entire USA.

crossfire

Premium Member
I agree, but she has never stated she is for any restrictions.
Codifying Roe v Wade means the states have an interest after viability, and can impose restrictions. With Harris being at the federal level, she is leaving that part up to the states, as long as state restrictions pass constitutional muster. If she wanted no restrictions, she would make abortion on demand an absolute right, but she's not.

crossfire

Premium Member
Yep, now read all of the provisions in the bill doctors must do in order to provide the medical care, or face 5 years prison and/or fines. I'd have to quote the entire bill. Please note that most of the abortions after 20 weeks are done for medical reasons, and constitute less than 1% of all abortions.

So basically, this bill would make needed medical care related to botched pregnancies almost unobtainable with all of the bureaucratic requirements written by non-healthcare practitioners. If the bureaucratic requirements are not met, doctors can face 5 years prison and/or fines.

You will have to read "Subsection (a)" to see the bureaucratic requirements. It takes up a very large portion of the bill.
‘‘(c) CRIMINAL PENALTY .—Whoever violates sub-3​
section (a) shall be fined under this title or imprisoned4​
for not more than 5 years, or both.​
This bill would make these restrictions nationwide. Any woman with a known high-risk pregnancy would have to go to Canada to live for the second half of her pregnancy. I don't know if Canada would grant refugee status to Americans with high-risk pregnancies.

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Who is Ashli Babbitt? I don't even know.
This is the woman who got shot and killed on Jan 6th. She was shot and killed on January 6, 2021, during the storming of the U.S. Capitol. She was part of a group attempting to breach a barricaded door leading to the Speaker’s Lobby, near the House Chamber.

She was a 35 year old woman who served in the United States Air Force. She served in Afghanistan and Iraq.

But although she served honorably in those wars, she fell down a rabbit hole when she got back home. A rabbit hole of Qanon and Trumpist conspiracies. She believed the lie, and went to the capital to fight, not for her country, but against it.

Her death was an absolute tragedy. And no one, absolutely no one, is cheering about it.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Now that you mention it...

top-10-phallic-buildings.jpg
The big old water tower in Ypsilanti, MI.
I've driven past it many times.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
This is the woman who got shot and killed on Jan 6th. She was shot and killed on January 6, 2021, during the storming of the U.S. Capitol. She was part of a group attempting to breach a barricaded door leading to the Speaker’s Lobby, near the House Chamber.

She was a 35 year old woman who served in the United States Air Force. She served in Afghanistan and Iraq.

But although she served honorably in those wars, she fell down a rabbit hole when she got back home. A rabbit hole of Qanon and Trumpist conspiracies. She believed the lie, and went to the capital to fight, not for her country, but against it.

Her death was an absolute tragedy. And no one, absolutely no one, is cheering about it.
Oh, the name wasn't ringing a bell with me. Thanks.