• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freeda Womb

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
This is the woman who got shot and killed on Jan 6th. She was shot and killed on January 6, 2021, during the storming of the U.S. Capitol. She was part of a group attempting to breach a barricaded door leading to the Speaker’s Lobby, near the House Chamber.

She was a 35 year old woman who served in the United States Air Force. She served in Afghanistan and Iraq.

But although she served honorably in those wars, she fell down a rabbit hole when she got back home. A rabbit hole of Qanon and Trumpist conspiracies. She believed the lie, and went to the capital to fight, not for her country, but against it.

Her death was an absolute tragedy. And no one, absolutely no one, is cheering about it.
True: but while no one is cheering her death, I think most reasonable people would suppose that she brought it on herself -- when you behave violently in a government building protected by armed guards and police, you must expect those guards and police to do their jobs.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
MAGA's wearing adult diapers?
LOL. And they have pictures of Trump on them. Remarkable that MAGA would depict their messiah thusly.
medical personel terminating a pregnancy isn't killing a human life within the law.
I'd say that it is killing a human being, but using those words doesn't make it immoral. What it's not is murdering a child, which is illegal and immoral.
I do not define a "human being" as a fetus in the womb incapable of survival without remaining there.
I do, but it doesn't affect my opinion of the morality of abortion. Let them call it a human being, a person, a baby, a child, or a citizen. Trump is a human being.
It's amazing how they weep for st George of fentanyl but cheer the cold blooded murder of unarmed Ashli Babbitt and the killing of babies in the womb.
Babbit was a traitor shot attacking her country who is not missed.

Floyd was murdered by police because they could, or so they thought. I wonder how they feel about that now,
Abortions are a restriction forced in babies.
Babies are safe - protected and nurtured, no thanks to Republicans.

Fetuses before the third trimester are not.
I am not a MAGA, I am voting for Trump.
You just contradicted yourself. That's what a MAGA is. If you don't like the appellation, don't admit that you are voting for Trump.
There are idiots on both sides.
False equivalence. Your side gets the gold medal in the 100 meter idiot sprint. You have Trump and Vance heading the Republican ticket - both idiots.
Dems are showing they don't want abortion safe, legal and rare, they want abortion free, on demand and ubiquitous with no limits.
You're lying. Of course there are limits.

And it needn't be free. Affordable abortion is acceptable.
Harris's record is opposing any restrictions on abortions.
You're lying again. Why do you do that?
Can you show me where she supports any restrictions?
No need. You haven't made a case.
Ask most democrats if they support any restrictions and most of them say it is between them and their doctor. So no restrictions.
You're still lying. And you say that you aren't MAGA.
it is a celebration of killing at the DNC this week.
Is that what you saw? Others saw something much different. It must have been difficult for MAGA to swallow.

Wouldn't you rather be on the side of joy, decency, and patriotism? You've picked grievance and hatred, which is on the ropes presently, so you have to depict a celebration of freedom. democracy, and goodness as a celebration of murder. How dismal.
Can you talk about an issue without insults or references to Trump?
You don't control the conversation. If Trump seems relevant in a discussion, you'll read his name.
forcing restrictions on people to stop killing human life is acceptable
Imposing your religion on the unwilling is unacceptable.

Clizby Wampuscat

You just contradicted yourself. That's what a MAGA is. If you don't like the appellation, don't admit that you are voting for Trump.
Do I not get to define myself as I wish? I thought that was horrible to tell someone how they should define themselves.
False equivalence. Your side gets the gold medal in the 100 meter idiot sprint. You have Trump and Vance heading the Republican ticket - both idiots.
Oh ok, Harris and Walz are idiots so there!
You're lying. Of course there are limits.
What are they? What limits do you support and what limits does Harris support?
Imposing your religion on the unwilling is unacceptable.
I agree. My stance on abortion has nothing to do with religion.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do I not get to define myself as I wish?
Sure you do, but so does everybody else. Are you objecting to being included as MAGA?

I'm not calling you a bigot here, but I say the same thing to bigots. If you are willing to embrace bigoted viewpoints, why try to avoid the label? Shouldn't such a person be proud to use the word that describes how they feel? If not, perhaps they shouldn't hold or express such opinions.
I thought that was horrible to tell someone how they should define themselves.
But I didn't. I told you how I define people with your views.
Harris and Walz are idiots
That's consistent with your MAGA bone fides. Nobody else calls such people idiots.

You aren't typical MAGA. You seem smarter and more civil, but you defend Trump and see two brilliant and very decent people as idiots. That qualifies you for MAGA status with me.

Does that offend you? It shouldn't. If you hold their views, why not accept that you are one of them? If you find being associated with them objectionable, don't express their positions and opinions.

And feel free to call me an atheistic agnostic humanist. I hold their views.
What are they?
You responded to, "Dems are showing they don't want abortion safe, legal and rare, they want abortion free, on demand and ubiquitous with no limits."

Most pro-choice advocates agree that a third trimester fetus should not be aborted absent medical complications.
What limits do you support
What I just wrote.
what limits does Harris support?
I don't know, but I imagine the same as mine and most other pro-choice advocates.
My stance on abortion has nothing to do with religion.
I wrote, "Imposing your religion on the unwilling is unacceptable."

That's agreeing?

OK. Let me reword that. Imposing your worldview on the unwilling is incompatible with humanism, which advocates for people having the freedom to pursue happiness as they understand it. If a woman becomes pregnant unexpectedly and she doesn't want a(nother) baby, she should have the option to terminate the pregnancy safely and affordably.

You seem to disagree, which is fine, but you also want to force her to obey your will, which is not.

Last edited: