• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freemasonry

Mr Cheese

Oh don't be silly Kat,
This guy is representing perhaps (if he is even legit) one of the most secretive societies in the world. You can not pick up a book on conspiracies and not find multiple references to his kind.

He shows up here, and if he is legit, he knows good and well the questions that will be coming his way. If he doesn't want to open up than so be it, why show up and offer to expound to us?

Maybe he is secretly recruiting, ooooohhh aaaahhhhh.

please...

for once we agree...

but there....

Here's another what do you think of the Prince Hall tradition?

Or the Auset society?

I answer all reasonable questions:

I am appalled, as is The Grand Lodge at York, that there is a need for a separate Moderns masonic organisation caused by overt racism, and I am doubly appalled that any Prince Hall Grand Lodge would wish to associate with the Grand Lodges which discriminated against them.

I have never heard of The Auset Society.

Mr Cheese

nah...
I've seen your work at other places online...
Your group started in 2005 (pre davidic my aunt fanny)

Other masons mostly think you are questionable, if not fake

You claim lineage to a King that is thought by others to be a mythic king...(a simple web search on your group reveals this)

Thats like me claiming Spiritual heritage to Atlantis.... I coudl do, but you know, I wouldn't be shocked if other peopel laughed at me.

You seem to enter other discussion groups and blogs and essentially act like a troll.
A real mason would have no need to go around flaming people and discussion groups. ( simple web serach on your name reveals this)

The simple fact that other masons think your group is a "bastardization" to quote one website... plus the facts prsented above, leads me to conclude, you are not really worth my time.

Thank you anyway.

I hope your time is here is wonderful.
I look forward to actual discussions, if any occur.
Otherwise I am done.

Like I said, the best thing about Cricket is the sandwiches....

Mr Cheese

Very nice. Religious Forums?

my apologies
You probably think the same about me
Please let us end this hostility....
I will not question you further as I have garned all the information I require about your group, online and from your "answers"
Let us bury the hatchet...
and if there are any discussions we interact in, I look forward to that. While I do not agree with you or your assertions, or your legitamcy, I am sure your opinions are interesting and varied.
Thank you
It is best to be yourself,
imperial, plain and true.

Robert Browning

Just_me_Mike

Cheese, I thought it might be to good to be true, that a true mason would grace our presence and expound anything more than what is available publicly.

Nice work Cheeze

I've seen your work at other places online...
Your group started in 2005 (pre davidic my aunt fanny)

I would prefer to speak with your Aunt Fanny. She must have to put up with a great deal, poor thing.

Other masons mostly think you are questionable, if not fake
Which "Other masons" told you this then? You must be very gullible just to accept such things without checking the voracity of the sources.

You claim lineage to a King that is thought by others to be a mythic king...(a simple web search on your group reveals this)
Mr Cheese, not only are you wrong, but you are a fool.

America's knowledge of history never ceases to appall me. Surely you cannot be serious? King Athelstan, the first Christian King and Bretwalda, mythic? Are you completely mad? Do another "simple web search" and, if you have any manners, come back with an apology. I am not allowed to post URL's yet, but simply google King Athelstan. It's not too difficult. By the way, he is buried at Malmesbury Abbey and you can visit him any time you like.

You seem to enter other discussion groups and blogs and essentially act like a troll. A real mason would have no need to go around flaming people and discussion groups. ( simple web search on your name reveals this)
Part of my job description is "... to represent The Grand Lodge of All England in all public arenas ..." and I am happy to serve. if you do not wish to take advantage, it's been an experience knowing you.

The simple fact that other masons think your group is a "bastardization" to quote one website... plus the facts presented above, leads me to conclude, you are not really worth my time.
Learning is never a waste of time even for the rudest and most ignorant, but that is your decision. I will leave you to "other masons" as you call them. Good luck.

Thank you anyway.

I hope your time is here is wonderful.
I look forward to actual discussions, if any occur.
Otherwise I am done.

Like I said, the best thing about Cricket is the sandwiches....
I am sure that I will enjoy being here and engaging in intelligent debate with others.

You don't know what you are missing. Cricket is the finest team sport in the world, but it is highly technical, and sometimes beyond the understanding of some. That is a great pity.

Last edited:
Cheese, I thought it might be to good to be true, that a true mason would grace our presence and expound anything more than what is available publicly.

Nice work Cheeze

Then you too are quite at liberty to post elsewhere as well. I am completely neutral on the issue. Couldn't care less in fact. I, however, never refuse useful opportunities. That would make me the fool. Religious Forums? Makes you wonder.

Mr Cheese

Then you too are quite at liberty to post elsewhere as well. I am completely neutral on the issue. Couldn't care less in fact. I, however, never refuse useful opportunities. That would make me the fool. Religious Forums? Makes you wonder.

btw , I know cricket...I'm British,....

question

What do you as a mason think of Alesteir Crowley?

Mr Cheese;1680563 What do you as a mason think of Alesteir Crowley?
Why would I want to think of Aleister Crowley at all, especially as a Mason?

Free Masons are required to believe in one God, the Creator and Preserver of all things, and the immortality of souls. I don't believe that Mr Crowley complied with these requirements.

His religious philosophy was Thelema, based on the dictum, "Do what thou Wilt", and his "Book of Law" was Qabalistic, so he cannot be considered a Free Mason by any stretch of the imagination.

So, my answer is this. Whatever he got up to is none of our business.

What do you think about him, as a Gnostic?

What do you think about King Athelstan? Myth, Legend or Fact?

Last edited:

Mr Cheese

Mr Cheese;1680563

Why would I want to think of Aleister Crowley at all, especially as a Mason?

Free Masons are required to believe in one God, the Creator and Preserver of all things, and the immortality of souls. I don't believe that Mr Crowley complied with these requirements.

His religious philosophy was Thelema, based on the dictum, "Do what thou Wilt", and his "Book of Law" was Qabalistic, so he cannot be considered a Free Mason by any stretch of the imagination.

So, my answer is this. Whatever he got up to is none of our business.

What do you think about him, as a Gnostic?

filth,,,,,

but uh that's all the insight you have?

:sarcastic obviously not somethign you know about

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
This guy is representing perhaps (if he is even legit) one of the most secretive societies in the world. You can not pick up a book on conspiracies and not find multiple references to his kind.
Why does secret always have to be seen as sinister?

Maybe he is secretly recruiting, ooooohhh aaaahhhhh.
oooohhh aaaahhhh? :rolleyes: Are we talking about the boogeyman or just freemasonry? Maybe you need to grow up and stop behaving like a scared little kid.

Last edited:

Just_me_Mike

Why does secret always have to be seen as sinister?

oooohhh aaaahhhh? :rolleyes: Are we talking about the boogeyman or just freemasonry? Maybe you need to grow up and stop behaving like a scared little kid.
Kat your point has been made, you didn't like my approach. Sorry it bothered you so much.

However, continuing your assumptions of me, isn't called for, but whatever floats your boat.

Scared little kid? Hmmm not sure about that one, I find the whole subject laughable. The only scary part is watching someone pretend to be an authority on something that can not be taken seriously, because of the very nature of its existence, which is hidden in secrecy and mystery.

I double checked and I didnt equate secrecy with scary. Secrecy is in fact just another form of arrogance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Scared little kid? Hmmm not sure about that one, I find the whole subject laughable.
What's laughable about freemasonry?

The only scary part is watching someone pretend to be an authority on something that can not be taken seriously, because of the very nature of its existence, which is hidden in secrecy and mystery.
Well, if someone is a freemason, I would think he's know a whole lot more about the subject than you do. What makes you think he's pretending?

I double checked and I didnt equate secrecy with scary. Secrecy is in fact just another form of arrogance.
I disagree. I see nothing arrogant about freemasonry. It really does seem to bug people that they can't be in on the "secrets," though. Consequently, they manufacture all sorts of information about what those secrets are all about. Why about freemasonry bothers you personally? How do the secret rites of an organization you're not a part of change your life at all?

Just_me_Mike

What's laughable about freemasonry?

Well, if someone is a freemason, I would think he's know a whole lot more about the subject than you do. What makes you think he's pretending?

I disagree. I see nothing arrogant about freemasonry. It really does seem to bug people that they can't be in on the "secrets," though. Consequently, they manufacture all sorts of information about what those secrets are all about. Why about freemasonry bothers you personally? How do the secret rites of an organization you're not a part of change your life at all?
I think you are missing the point. We have been invited to peer into the elusive life of not only the freemasons, but the actual legitimate one, to which the claim that all others are bogus. An offer to talk about the genuine article.
It is laughable, plain and simple.

It is not societies like the Illuminati or Skull and Bones that personally bother me, or even this guy that claims to be the be all end all to freemasonry.

It is when an offer is made knowing good and well what will be asked of them, they will never answer serious questions. So again, why bother making the offer?