• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaddafi captured alive .... then killed

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I am not sure how this apply to middle eastern countries. also I'm not sure how the people of the middle east would appreciate being lumped up with hunter-gatherers.
the description of egalitarian hunter gatherer society with spare time is not applicable for middle eastern nations. in fact I don't think there is much to compare.
I was just pointing out how people in post-industrialized nations think they are very civil and advanced, especially in America. But really once people settled down into more permanent locations, the idea of power came, and with all the horrors our species have caused.
Americans love to pretend our system is the greatest to ever be achieved, but they fail to realize the toll our culture has taken on the rest of the world.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I was just pointing out how people in post-industrialized nations think they are very civil and advanced, especially in America. But really once people settled down into more permanent locations, the idea of power came, and with all the horrors our species have caused.
Americans love to pretend our system is the greatest to ever be achieved, but they fail to realize the toll our culture has taken on the rest of the world.
Yes its a returning theme today in some political criticism. but really, I think that to some degree or the other all major societies are part of attempts to shift the balance of power and to push major foreign policies.
I cant really pinpoint to a society on the face of the globe and say that they live an idealized egalitarian and distinctively non western system.
eastern societies and western societies today at large are industrial, not ecologically friendly, and maintain foreign policies which can be extensively analysed.

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
If this is the kind of justice the new and alternative social system of Libya has to offer, I doubt we will see a new social frame and a new social movement which will reflect democracy. then again, many people seem to have different standards of what democracy really is.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
If this is the kind of justice the new and alternative social system of Libya has to offer, I doubt we will see a new social frame and a new social movement which will reflect democracy. then again, many people seem to have different standards of what democracy really is.

I see a reports that the bodies of 53 pro-Gaddafi people have been found with their hands tied and a bullet in their heads :(

I don't think this bodes well.

Shermana

Heretic
Seriously, the fact that the Rebels are selling chemical weapons to Hamas and Hezbollah should be enough for Israel to carpet bomb them. Gadaffi made sure none of those left the storage.

muslim-

Its good that hes behind us. He wasnt just a dictator, but I think he really has mental issues too, and not just regarding his ego. His statements and the way he says them in Arabic are always perceived as comic by most people.

However, I dont like the way he was killed. It was not right at all, and against Islamic teachings. Some said that the killer was a 17 year old. Others said they were a group of very young people who were so disorganized, many of them civilians originally, and that total control of them all proved to be a hard/impossible task given the circumstances.

Whatever the cause was, im glad to see that the new government today (or yesterday) announced that his killers would face a fair trial. I dont care at all for Qaddafi but the way it was done was just wrong.