• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaza civilians killed at historic pace

libre

Skylark
Staff member
Premium Member
To claim that Gaza serves as evidence of Israel's intent to eliminate the Palestinian people is disingenuous or delusional.
It would seem that a considerable number of respected public intellectuals are starting to suffer from these delusions.

Chomsky, Klein, Mate.

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
It would seem that a considerable number of respected public intellectuals are starting to suffer from these delusions.

Chomsky, Klein, Mate.

This is one of those topics that creates the "spiral of silence"

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
When left wing Jews suddenly turn into netanyahoo supporting war mongers, its a sad day for us all

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
The Palestinians are NOT being targeted for mass death. That's a huge lie. If that was the case, this war would have been over a day after Hamas attacked Israel.
The idea that Israel isn't committing mass death because they're not using the FULL power of their military is a pretty obvious distraction. You don't have to nuke a city of 2 million people to be engaging in an exercise of mass death, and it's not like Israel isn't keenly aware of its geopolitical situation - it's not stupid; it knows it can't get away with just outright nuking millions of people. What it CAN get away with (because it's what it's doing) is depriving millions of people of resources, taking their land, and using military strikes to level their homes while also specifically targeting journalists reporting on what they're doing while justifying it on the basis of targeting Hamas.

It's nothing new. It's no different to the "weapons of mass destruction" lie. Meanwhile, their politicians openly call for a second Nakba, and their military funds settler movements that are taking the homes and destroying the livelihoods of people on the West Bank.

Palestinians are being targeted for mass death. There is no other explanation for what Israel is doing.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
As a thought experiment, try to describe what's going on without using the word "genocide".
Ethnic cleansing.

And again, were the allies committing genocide against German civilians in WWII?
No.

And finally, as far as I can recall, the ONLY thing I've denied is that this is a "genocide". I've acknowledged that Israel is trying to eliminate Hamas.
Have you acknowledged that Israel has killed over 15,000 Palestinians and has yet to confirm that even a fraction of those dead are Hamas? Have you acknowledged that they have killed dozens of journalists in targeted strikes on their homes? Have you acknowledged the increasing violence and aggression on the West Bank where hundreds more have died since October 7th despite Hamas not being there?

Then you've acknowledged nothing.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I think this is an important question. First off, and to be clear, IMO WAR SUCKS!!!

My understanding is that moral political leaders and generals have to zoom out and look at the biggest picture they can, when making wartime decisions. It's a form of utilitarianism. For example, I think something like 10,000 or 20,000 French civilians were killed as a result of D-Day. And that Allied leaders and generals (including the French), predicted that that would happen. But these moral leaders felt that - from the larger perspective - D-Day was the correct decision.

So I think we have to zoom out when we look at situations like this. Because no matter what, the day to day engaging in war will always be horrible.
You don't see the difference between the D-Day landings - a battle fought between multiple, heavily armed nations on an unimaginable scale involving millions of soldiers and countless bombings - and firing missiles into Gaza - an occupied territory controlled by Israel that is densely populated by millions of civilians - says a lot about your inability to really "zoom out" and look at this situation honestly.

Using your logic, you can literally justify any war crimes. Any amount of civilian deaths, in any circumstance, can be justified by this logic. Even Hamas' actions can be justified. I mean, Hamas killed significantly less civilians than died on D-Day, so I guess their act is a legitimate, though unfortunate, act of war, right? After-all, WAR SUCKS!!!

You repeatedly refuse to acknowledge the clear and obvious difference between WAR and WAR CRIMES. This is the latter.

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
You don't see the difference between the D-Day landings - a battle fought between multiple, heavily armed nations on an unimaginable scale involving millions of soldiers and countless bombings - and firing missiles into Gaza - an occupied territory controlled by Israel that is densely populated by millions of civilians - says a lot about your inability to really "zoom out" and look at this situation honestly.
This is a topic worth discussing. But not if you're going to stoop to personal attacks.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Some people seem to think that saying "I disagree with you" is a personal attack.
I think it may be the "inability to really "zoom out" and look at this situation honestly" part, which is a bit more fair. But I meant it in terms of "being unable to look at the REAL bigger picture" rather than "you're being deliberately dishonest".