• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George W. Bush, war criminal

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

You wait until Obama's term is over, if there is a country left, you will really be grieved. How do you like his government take over in Wisconsin? Do you think he will be able to void the people's vote there?

There's not one.

The whole case in WI is that the people are crying out for freedom and the GOP wants fascism. Obama isn't interfering in the least, while the GOP wants to squash the voice of the people and dictate to them how it's going to be.

Not in America, son.

A

angellous_evangellous

If fascism is balancing a budget & reigning in thieving unions, then sign me up!

*kicks Revolting in the pants*

(If the governor was interested in a balanced budget, he would not have recently given corporations and the wealthy huge tax breaks.)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
*kicks Revolting in the pants*
(If the governor was interested in a balanced budget, he would not have recently given corporations and the wealthy huge tax breaks.)
I don't defend all the governor's actions...just taking on government employee unions & cutting spending.
Btw, you got confused, & kicked Caladan in the pants....bad move. I'm over here, so kick away.

A

angellous_evangellous

I don't defend all the governor's actions...just taking on government employee unions & cutting spending.
Btw, you got confused, & kicked Caladan in the pants....bad move. I'm over here, so kick away.

I don't mind taking on unions, either, as long as people have a say.

Unions aren't just nameless and faceless special interest groups or a conglomerate of corporations. They closely represent the views of real people who likely otherwise don't have a voice.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't mind taking on unions, either, as long as people have a say.
Unions aren't just nameless and faceless special interest groups or a conglomerate of corporations. They closely represent the views of real people who likely otherwise don't have a voice.
All true.
But they have desires at odds with us taxpayers.
We all seek to exert our influence.

A

angellous_evangellous

All true.
But they have desires at odds with us taxpayers.
We all seek to exert our influence.

Aren't they taxpayers, too?

We could reverse this... those Republicans hate taxes and greedily want every penny that they "earn." So instead of raising taxes on everyone a small percentage, they punish their government workers by cutting their salaries and benefits in a variety of ways.

They wouldn't like it if the government decided that they made too much money and should be punished.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Aren't they taxpayers, too?
Certainly, but their government employee status would trump that.

We could reverse this... those Republicans hate taxes and greedily want every penny that they "earn." So instead of raising taxes on everyone a small percentage, they punish their government workers by cutting their salaries and benefits in a variety of ways.
It's not a partisan matter for me. "Punish" strikes me as the wrong word,
at least for my perspective. I can't speak for the governor though.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
The need for unions arise when a company does well and still refuses to compensate their employees fairly for their hard work.

Any union negotiator with an ounce of sense does not want to bleed a company dry. If the company goes into receivership, there will be a loss of jobs and less union dues.

During negotiations, a good union representative will look at comparable wage rates and make sure their membership is compensated fairly.

Employees should receive raises in good times not bad.

Asking state employees to participate in funding their pensions is not an unreasonable request.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
What is unreasonable, however, is taking away the union's right to negotiate.
Indeed.
The Governor is attempting to take away collective bargaining rights from state employees.
Despite Fox News attempting to make this a story about "greedy unions", (yes, I swallowed my bile and watched Fox News last night), this is an attempt to destroy unions by making them impotent in their efforts to represent workers.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Indeed.
The Governor is attempting to take away collective bargaining rights from state employees.
Despite Fox News attempting to make this a story about "greedy unions", (yes, I swallowed my bile and watched Fox News last night), this is an attempt to destroy unions by making them impotent in their efforts to represent workers.
To be fair to Fox, I endured some of their news, & found that they also presented the opposing view that it was
union busting & favoritism to unions who supported the governor. I see that they have an agenda, but on this
occasion it was actually fair & balanced. TV news still usually irks me though. Give me Drudge any day.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Indeed.

That is a good end run for conservatives if you think about it.

Who contributes to the Democratic party? Unions do.

A

angellous_evangellous

That is a good end run for conservatives if you think about it.

Who contributes to the Democratic party? Unions do.

Who contributes to the Republican party? Corporations do.

Which group - unions or corporations - more closely represents the voice of the people?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
There is another fact that seems to be ignored here. 13 states have no collective bargaining rights for state employees. Other states have limited rights for selected public employees.