• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George Zimmerman Verdict: NOT GUILTY

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Because you know something unknown to the jury?

Not at all. This is my own opinion based upon what I've been fed by the media.

I'm not referring to "innocence" in terms of verdict. I don't disagree with the decision that the jury has made as I can understand the decision to acquit.

My point is that neither man were blameless. Poor choices resulted in tragedy. Zimmerman isn't without fault. A boy died at his hand.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
OJ was innocent too... Funny how the media influences public opinion.

At least one of the jurors came out publically and admitted that she was convinced O.J was guilty but voted not guilty because it was about time a guilty black man got off for killing a white person .

And not only that O.J was found liable in the civil case I believe when the families sued him.

Also there is a difference when a jury finds someone "not guilty' and that they think they are innocent.Thats why they dont use the term "innocent".

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
At least one of the jurors came out publically and admitted that she was convinced O.J was guilty but voted not guilty because it was about time a guilty black man got off for killing a white person .
That's unfortunate, but I can't personally say I disagree with the sentiment.

And not only that O.J was found liable in the civil case I believe when the families sued him.
I credit that to public outrage that they didn't get to see him suffer in prison; not on any real assumption of guilt.

Also there is a difference when a jury finds someone "not guilty' and that they think they are innocent.Thats why they dont use the term "innocent".
I'm very aware of this, and stand by my "innocent" claim in OJ's case and Zimmerman's. Of course I have no proof, but I can still say to a certainty that they were both "not guilty", regardless of the verdicts.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The heat this story has generated on this thread suggests that in that neighbourhood feelings will be running even higher.
I predict this will not end well.
While the law there might allow people to shoot others when they feel threatened. Any one who shoots an unarmed man , deserves what is coming to them. What ever they law might suggest.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
The heat this story has generated on this thread suggests that in that neighbourhood feelings will be running even higher.
While the law there might allow people to shoot others when they feel threatened. Any one who shoots an unarmed man , deserves what is coming to them. What ever they law might suggest.

Technically speaking, Martin was armed with a sidewalk. Beating someone's head into the ground is using the ground as a weapon, as far as the law is concerned, and they charge you accordingly. I know this because I have gotten a deadly weapon charge (which was dismissed because it was self-defense) for the exact same reason.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Being unarmed doesn't make someone harmless.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
OJ's wife is like sleeping Hitler, how, exactly?

I never compared her to sleeping Hitler, I just think she deserved what she got. She was fixing to run away with Ron Goldman and all of OJ's money, playing the victim all the while. I can definitely see why he would want her dead if he did do it. If someone was plotting against me like that, I wouldn't care if they had an accident either... Aren't you guys always telling me to have a little empathy?:D

dust1n

Zindīq
I never compared her to sleeping Hitler, I just think she deserved what she got. She was fixing to run away with Ron Goldman and all of OJ's money, playing the victim all the while. I can definitely see why he would want her dead if he did do it. If someone was plotting against me like that, I wouldn't care if they had an accident either... Aren't you guys always telling me to have a little empathy?:D

I just thought it strange you stated that if OJ Simpson murdered his wife, that would be okay with you.

Aquitaine

I just thought it strange you stated that if OJ Simpson murdered his wife, that would be okay with you.

To be fair, he's thinks a kid who falls for a Pedophiles' "I've got some candy in my car" trick deserves to be raped/murdered. So at least he's fairly consistent with his victim-blaming. :shrug:

Not that it makes it any better, though.

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
To be fair, he's thinks a kid who falls for a Pedophiles' "I've got some candy in my car" trick deserves to be raped/murdered. So at least he's fairly consistent with his victim-blaming. :shrug:

Not that it makes it any better, though.

I'm right here you know... :sad: