• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God, creation and humanity

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
fantôme profane;1240748 said:
I won’t argue this, but I would suggest that some people may interpret this assumption as a critical flaw.
No problemo.......... :D They have the right to disagree if they desire to.....

camanintx

The Bible doesn't attempt to prove God, it assumes Him. The Bible begins with the assumption that God exists and that He existed eternally before He created humanity and placed life on earth. No where in the scripture is chance taught for the creation of the universe or the human race. God created matter out of nothing and formed it into living objects. The Bible does not tell us how the human race and the universe were actually created. It does assert the premise that God brought it all into being.

Those that reject the Biblical version of creation start with presuppositions on which their claims are based. Everyone has their own assumption but is it able to be proven scientifically? On what evidence do our assumptions rest?
Why should we assume that something can be created out of nothing when we have never observed it happen?

camanintx

I don't presume to know. Do you?

The Big Bang makes no predictions about what may have preceded this universe, so it is just as likely that there was something rather than nothing.

As for the experiments in quantum fluctuation, they always seem to start with something too.

jaimesal

The biblical version of Creation is not exact or precise, so it lacks a unique interpretation. Just a fact.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
My question came from my understanding of cosmology and my comprehension of the English language, both of which existed before my question.
But not the question, itself --and was there a time before your comprehension of the knowledge referenced existed?

logician

The Big Bang makes no predictions about what may have preceded this universe, so it is just as likely that there was something rather than nothing.

As for the experiments in quantum fluctuation, they always seem to start with something too.

According to most multiverse theories, "something" has always been.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
There may be some genuinely profound and meaningful questions that are forever beyond the reach of science......Richard Dawkins