• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is only belief not real?

mr.guy

crapsack
michel said:
you could, but that would be a redundant question, as he is not Dead............:p
I'm not so sure, michel...he hasn't returned my calls for weeks, left no messages as to where he's gone, and no one's seen him around at the coffee shops, or the bar...maybe something terrible has happened to him.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
mr.guy said:
I'm not so sure, michel...he hasn't returned my calls for weeks, left no messages as to where he's gone, and no one's seen him around at the coffee shops, or the bar...maybe something terrible has happened to him.
Well, if you will call yourself an atheist on this forum, what do you expect ?:biglaugh:

pandamonk

mr.guy said:
hilarious
michel said:
Well, if you will call yourself an atheist on this forum, what do you expect ?:biglaugh:
good point
mr.guy said:
A nice goodbye, at least!
again, heehee

mr.guy

crapsack
StewpidLoser said:
Uh.... you're expecting a goodbye from Someone you don't believe exists :biglaugh:
It would seem the polite thing to do. I think a little warning before taking off to non-existence would have been thoughtful.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
stewpidproselytizerloser said:
I believe because He is real :D
Malus01 said:
To you, yes. Your name shouldn't be stewpidloser it should be stewpidproselytizer.
Me saying God is REAL is no more proselytizing than an atheist saying God is Dead (Or non-existant. Or a figment of my imagination. Or whatever the latest proselyting denial is)

Oh, but wait - you agree with the other guy, so it's OK for him to say that, but not for me to say the opposite? :bonk:

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Radar said:
And he is real because you believe.
But I would not make that statement.
No. And neither did I. That is not what I said, not what I meant and not what I believe. Twisting my words or putting meaning in them that wasn't there in the first place doesn't add to your arguement.

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
LOL, I'm wrong as usual. I dunno why I bother partaking in Christian debates. They confuse me and make me delirious .....more so

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Malus01 said:
Alright I want to ask this cos, I do not know of any,

I was in Yahoo last night and lookin to chat and all these Christians bombarded me with
stories about God helpin them through drug habits and crisises etc. and doin their proselytizin shannanigans.

People say things like "Oh I know the Lord exists because my life changed for the better."...BELIEF

"God helped me to pass my college exams"...BELIEF.

"OH I feel so much at peace now that I am with God"...BELIEF.

IS God merely all about BELIEF?
i have to go with stewpidloser to a certain extent. My belief in HaShem (G-d) makes Him real to me. But i think it goes back to a question of knowing G-d and believing in G-d
two things that IMPO are different, yet often interchanged in discussions such as this.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Malus01 said:
You mean knowing what you believe in JS?

I am asking no harm done.
well let me give you an example of what i'm saying...
in the Exodus story, the Hebrews knew G-d. There were miracles and wonders they saw and G-d was directly involved in their lives in the full extent of the word. And even though they knew of G-d and He was involved in their lives directly they still rebelled against Him on several instances.

now we are in a time when G-d is not that directly involved in our lives and we must take His existance on trust and faith with little to no evidence that most who do not believe would accept as truely proof of the existance of an omnipotent bearded dude in the sky.

and, honestly, i don't know that i would appreciate the spiritual path i have taken as much if i knew G-d existed...i find the struggle of faith and belief to be the most rewarding part of my journey.