• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is only belief not real?

Fatmop

Me saying God is REAL is no more proselytizing than an atheist saying God is Dead (Or non-existant. Or a figment of my imagination. Or whatever the latest proselyting denial is)
Atheists almost never leave statements like those unqualified. If I said that God is non-existent, it would not be in a proselytizing manner - it would be in the middle (or at the beginning or end) of a logical train of thought. I don't simply say "God doesn't exist" because I think other people will suddenly agree with me, nor do I say it to tick the believers off. As a matter of fact, I usually don't say it at all - I fall in the atheist / agnostic camp, meaning even though there is no evidence to disprove God, I tend to think that there's absolutely no evidence for one, either.

If you, on the other hand, are saying "God is REAL," you aren't really in the middle of a logical anything. The statement you made was of a proselytizing nature because you didn't back it up at all.

Of course, I'm not really picking on you - I don't think you meant it that way at all (rather, it looks like a nice little parody of the thread title).

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
Fatmop said:
... (rather, it looks like a nice little parody of the thread title).
LOL - it was... very few folks actually "get" my wierd attempts at humor :eek:

As for the rest, the "God is Dead" statement was made in this very thread ;)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
(Please note that I'm not calling anyone out, here. This is simply a general post. :) )

Hi, all! Please remember to be civil to one another! If you have a problem with someone, or feel that they are slighting you, please use the 'report' feature instead of taking it out on them in the thread. Thanks!