• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God simply doesn't care

allfoak

Alchemist
So has anyone identified any tangible evidence that God cares?

If you can't find evidence within yourself then how would you expect to find any outside of yourself?
When you change, so will your perspective.
The evidence is inside and outside of us, yet not everyone can see it.

Peace comes from within and manifests without.

J

johnpeter1970

Before Jesus came onto the scene people were dying left and right without being saved from the wages of their sins. Then when god finally decided to set his plan of salvation into motion it was like molasses running downhill in winter. Only a smattering of those in the mid-east and those in Rome eventually heard about salvation through Jesus (Christianity didn't become the accepted religion in Rome until 300 CE). Slowly, over hundreds of years, people of other lands were introduced to the "message," some not hearing about salvation through Christ until the twentieth century. In the meantime the omnipotent god of Abraham turned a blind eye to the millions upon millions of people who had died and were dying without benefit of the death of his son.

So what could have been going on in gods mind? What kind of mind lays misery on an entire species of creatures and then provides a cure that is so confined and works so slowly it only affects a pitiful percentage of them? Were these clueless people somehow undeserving of salvation? Was this some kind of experiment of god's, using the unaware as a control group?

Considering that salvation is such a big deal, to me a decent being would never withhold such a gift. I know of people, myself included, who would never be so merciless. So, I can only conclude that when it comes to the truth of the matter, god simply doesn't care. He eventually threw a bone to his creation and doesn't care who sees it or not.

Of course, if I've missed an important element here, I'm all ears.

GOD IS GOD BECAUSE GOD IS GOD NOT BECAUSE YOU SAY HE IS GOD!

God is not an Idol that HE should do as you will. You say that you are more good that God. Then try doing what Jesus preached.

As it is written:

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. (Matt 12:36) For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. (Matt 12:37)

J

johnpeter1970

The world is a beautiful place. God has sent prophets to teach us how to live happily. The Book of Mormon is truly
" a marvelous work and a wonder".

The book of Mormon is nothing but a Joke!

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: (Gal 1:6)

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. (Gal 1:7)

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. (Gal 1:8)

As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. (Gal 1:9)

rrosskopf

LDS High Priest
I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: (Gal 1:6)

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. (Gal 1:7)

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. (Gal 1:8)

As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. (Gal 1:9)

Thank you for pointing out why the Book of Mormon is so important to modern Christianity. All of Christianity, not just the Galatians, were quick to adopt another gospel, and pervert the gospel of Christ, and preach false gospels. That is why John lamented that the final hour had come, and that the antichrist were everywhere. Modern Christians don't know their own history, how they are all members of apostate churches who have all gone their own way. A restoration was in order, and the only one who could restore the truths that had been lost was God.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I think that if you want to make a comment like that, you really ought to be a little more specific. I'd be interested in hearing some of the specific teachings in it you find to be so laughable. Don't just say, "the whole book." All that would accomplish is make it clear that you'd never read the book at all.

J

johnpeter1970

Thank you for pointing out why the Book of Mormon is so important to modern Christianity. All of Christianity, not just the Galatians, were quick to adopt another gospel, and pervert the gospel of Christ, and preach false gospels. That is why John lamented that the final hour had come, and that the antichrist were everywhere. Modern Christians don't know their own history, how they are all members of apostate churches who have all gone their own way. A restoration was in order, and the only one who could restore the truths that had been lost was God.

Mormonism is a joke! The Book of Mormon is joke! Mormon Prophet is a joke!

J

johnpeter1970

I must have missed the punchline. I have been studying the Book of Mormon, and Mormon history, and the Prophet Joseph Smith for many years and I really love the church.

Have you read the Bible? The real Bible?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

Interesting that you would use these verses - as they are the proof that some disciples did not think Saul/Paul the murderer, was teaching what Jesus taught.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Before Jesus came onto the scene people were dying left and right without being saved from the wages of their sins. Then when god finally decided to set his plan of salvation into motion it was like molasses running downhill in winter. Only a smattering of those in the mid-east and those in Rome eventually heard about salvation through Jesus (Christianity didn't become the accepted religion in Rome until 300 CE). Slowly, over hundreds of years, people of other lands were introduced to the "message," some not hearing about salvation through Christ until the twentieth century. In the meantime the omnipotent god of Abraham turned a blind eye to the millions upon millions of people who had died and were dying without benefit of the death of his son.

So what could have been going on in gods mind? What kind of mind lays misery on an entire species of creatures and then provides a cure that is so confined and works so slowly it only affects a pitiful percentage of them? Were these clueless people somehow undeserving of salvation? Was this some kind of experiment of god's, using the unaware as a control group?

Considering that salvation is such a big deal, to me a decent being would never withhold such a gift. I know of people, myself included, who would never be so merciless. So, I can only conclude that when it comes to the truth of the matter, god simply doesn't care. He eventually threw a bone to his creation and doesn't care who sees it or not.

Of course, if I've missed an important element here, I'm all ears.
Peace be on you. To me, God always cared.
There are levels:
1-Blessings for all creation.
2-Blessings for human.
3-Blessings for believers who do good deeds too.

All Prophets (including Jesus) were sent, to tell about salvation, i.e. to tell about ways of life, the way, through which one is able to pay rights of God and rights of people. Then one is successful in physical world and in the life of Hereafter. [Ahmadiyya Muslim point of view]

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
So where was God during the Holocaust? Serious question. Clearly God didn't intervene in this appalling genocide which logically means that:
1. God didn't care, or
2. God was powerless to intervene;

So which was it? And if was No. 2, then what use is a God like that?

PS. Obviously there is a third option, that God doesn't exist, but let's keep it simple.

allfoak

Alchemist

allfoak

Alchemist
The evidence is you, me and all of creation.
What you are missing is not the evidence but the willingness to accept it as evidence.

allfoak

Alchemist
Mt. 13: 13 -15

This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 Indeed, in their case the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled that says:
“ ‘ “You will indeed hear but never understand,

and you will indeed see but never perceive.”

15 For this people’s heart has grown dull,

and with their ears they can barely hear,

and their eyes they have closed,

lest they should see with their eyes

and hear with their ears

and understand with their heart

and turn, and I would heal them.’