• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God the creator, or God the "dictator"?

Valkyr1a

Nabcake(:
In the case that God actually created us, we can say that we are his "children" and we can say that he is a loving father correct? Now what I do not understand is why doesn't God let us to live our lives freely; or is that true? Does God have "rules" like the 10 commandments etc for us to obey, or as guidelines for us to live happily with each other? Does God really want us to praise him, or to thank him? Is God testing us, or challenging us? And is God telling us that if we don't accept him we will go to hell, or that if we don't accept him we will never know or find out the truth about anything; thus we will be in eternal blindness? Well, did God create us as in His image and His alike to live so we can serve and worship him, or so we can live like Gods by his side?

*edit* I mostly refer to the God of Abraham; which means the God of the Jews, the Christians, and the Muslims. But I am quite sure that the most monotheist religions have more or less the same fundamentals.

Last edited:

CarlinKnew

In the case that God actually created us, we can say that we are his "children" and we can say that he is a loving father correct? Now what I do not understand is why doesn't God let us to live our lives freely; or is that true? Does God have "rules" like the 10 commandments etc for us to obey, or as guidelines for us to live happily with each other? Does God really want us to praise him, or to thank him? Is God testing us, or challenging us? And is God telling us that if we don't accept him we will go to hell, or that if we don't accept him we will never know or find out the truth about anything; thus we will be in eternal blindness? Well, did God create us as in His image and His alike to live so we can serve and worship him, or so we can live like Gods by his side?

Which god? There are thousands to choose from, take your pick.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

*edit* I mostly refer to the God of Abraham; which means the God of the Jews, the Christians, and the Muslims. But I am quite sure that the most monotheist religions have more or less the same fundamentals.

You answered all your own questions. Except God does let us live freely. You have the choice to believe in Him or not. That is free as can be. If you dont accept Him you will learn the truth before you are judged. So when you are sentenced to death you know the truth finally since you could not be bothered to discover it in life.

The rest can be answered by the word: Both.

Valkyr1a

Nabcake(:
You answered all your own questions. Except God does let us live freely. You have the choice to believe in Him or not. That is free as can be. If you dont accept Him you will learn the truth before you are judged. So you are sentenced to death with the truth atleast since you could not be bothered to discover it in life.

I didn't make the thread to answer my questions; And I don't think that God judges anyone, and doesn't sentence anyone, but that's me. I asked what you believe, so please answer.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
You answered all your own questions. Except God does let us live freely. You have the choice to believe in Him or not. That is free as can be. If you dont accept Him you will learn the truth before you are judged. So when you are sentenced to death you know the truth finally since you could not be bothered to discover it in life.

This is my answer.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Valkyr1a,

There is no such thing as jealous God mate. It is a serious question so please answer seriously and try to think about it a little bit please. (L

So being *Serious* would state *there is nothing as god*; its only a concept.

Rest all imagination of the mind.
Love & rgds

CarlinKnew

Yes well, God doesn't have human emotions. You cannot really say that he is jealous.

Really? He admitted it himself.

Exodus 20:5 - You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

And again.

Deuteronomy 4:24 - For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

And he says it a few more times, but I don't remember the passages. Isn't that interesting, considering jealousy is a sin? A bit hypocritical, don't you think? ;)

Valkyr1a

Nabcake(:
Really? He admitted it himself.

Exodus 20:5 - You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

And again.

Deuteronomy 4:24 - For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

And he says it a few more times, but I don't remember the passages. Isn't that interesting, considering jealousy is a sin? A bit hypocritical, don't you think? ;)

Do you really believe in this nonsense? That is but mistranslations of the old texts, or points of view of idiots like king james.

CarlinKnew

Do you really believe in this nonsense? That is but mistranslations of the old texts, or points of view of idiots like king james.

No, the entire Bible is a work of fiction, so of course I don't believe it. If you think those are mistranslations, then show me the correct translations.

Valkyr1a

Nabcake(:
No, the entire Bible is a work of fiction, so of course I don't believe it. If you think those are mistranslations, then show me the correct translations.

First of all, I really don't understand you and the Omar guy. Yes, I support the bible in this particular issue, that doesn't mean I am a christian or that I even believe in God. About the mistranslations, believe I know because I read this texts in the Original Greek form since I know Greek and they have nothing to do with the foolishness of versions like the one of king James for example. I simply asked you and the users to think about the argument and post a comment; if you want to talk about the mistranslations of the bible, or any other kind of proof that God exists or whatever else you want to talk about you can always pm me, make a new post, IM me on msn and so on. I am not saying that your points are not interesting, I will be more than glad to share my ideas with you guys its just that.. its quite irrelevant in this post.(L

idea

Question Everything

God exists, but He did not create us, a better translation is "form" not create. see:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/biblical-debates/22838-gen-1-1-2-creation-ex.html
He is cleaning up a mess He did not make - will only form what wants to be formed.

God does not need us to worship Him, He is glorious with or without us.

There are some things that you cannot give another person. Cannot give them the sense of accomplishment you get when you have worked towards something - built a house, or earned an A - things that if it were just given to you would not bring the same joy. Personal experience, personal battles/victories, some things have to come from within. He shows us how to gain these moments, but cannot give them to us. Some things we have to do for ourselves.

We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in the slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by an offer of a holiday at sea. - CS Lewis

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are achildren of the most High.
(Old Testament | Psalms82:6)

Man, Potential to Become like Heavenly Father (see also Father; Immortality; Perfection)
Gen. 1:26 (Moses 2:26) let them have dominion
Gen. 3:22 (Moses 4:28) man is become as one of us
Lev. 19:2 (1 Pet. 1:16) be holy: for I ... am holy
Ps. 8:5 thou hast made him a little lower than the angels
Ps. 8:6 madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands
Ps. 82:6 ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High
Matt. 5:48 (3 Ne. 12:48) Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father
Luke 24:39 spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have
John 10:34 (Ps. 82:1–8; D&C 76:58) Is it not written in your law ... Ye are gods
Acts 17:29 we are the offspring of God
Rom. 8:17 heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ
2 Cor. 3:18 changed into the same image from glory to glory
Gal. 4:7 if a son, then an heir of God through Christ
Eph. 4:13 Till we all come ... unto a perfect man
Heb. 12:9 be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live
1 Jn. 3:2 when he shall appear, we shall be like him
Rev. 3:21 him that overcometh will ... sit with me in my throne
2 Ne. 2:25 men are, that they might have joy
3 Ne. 9:17 to them have I given to become the sons of God
3 Ne. 27:27 what manner of men ought ye to be ... even as I am
3 Ne. 28:10 your joy shall be full ... shall be even as I am
D&C 14:7 you shall have eternal life
D&C 88:29 Ye who are quickened by ... celestial glory
D&C 88:107 saints shall ... be made equal with him
D&C 93:20 you shall receive of his fulness, and be glorified
D&C 93:29 Man was also in the beginning with God
D&C 121:32 every man shall enter into his eternal presence
D&C 129:3 spirits of just men made perfect
D&C 130:1 he is a man like ourselves
D&C 130:22 Father has a body of flesh and bones
D&C 131:2 (131:1–4) in order to obtain the highest, a man must enter into this order
D&C 132:20 (132:1–24) shall they be gods, because they have all power
D&C 133:57 that men might be made partakers of the glories
Moses 1:39 to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man
JS-H 1:17 I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy
See also 2 Tim. 2:10–12; 1 Ne. 11:11; D&C 50:24.
(Topical Guide | MMan, Potential to Become like Heavenly Father:Entry)

Valkyr1a

Nabcake(:
And no, Bible is neither a work of fiction nor a novel. Trust me on that one, the Bible is more than that but obviously you either didn't read it correctly or you didn't understand it. I don't blame you, understanding texts like the Bible is not a college paper.