• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God the creator, or God the "dictator"?

Valkyr1a

Nabcake(:
Speaking of maturity, let's put the personal attacks aside, shall we? I repeat my question:

You don't think God wants to punish those who disobey him?

Your child is about to put a nail in a switch and you know that if he does that he is fried. What do you do? When he is about to it you slap him lets say and you tell him not to do it again. That is not punishing, that is waking you child up, slapping sense in him. YOU DON'T WANT YOUR CHILD TO BE FRIED DO YOU NOW? Isn't it retarded and foolish for someone to look at this as a punishment?

CarlinKnew

Your child is about to put a nail in a switch and you know that if he does that he is fried. What do you do? When he is about to it you slap him lets say and you tell him not to do it again. That is not punishing, that is waking you child up, slapping sense in him. YOU DON'T WANT YOUR CHILD TO BE FRIED DO YOU NOW? Isn't it retarded and foolish for someone to look at this as a punishment?

In your example the child is about to hurt himself. If my child chooses to HARMLESSLY worship another God, or HARMLESSLY engage in certain sexual activities, or HARMLESSLY collect firewood on the Sabbath, I will not punish him with a brutal death, or eternal torture, or nonexistence.

Valkyr1a

Nabcake(:
In your example the child is about to hurt himself. If my child chooses to HARMLESSLY worship another God, or HARMLESSLY engage in certain sexual activities, or HARMLESSLY collect firewood on the Sabbath, I will not punish him with a brutal death, or eternal torture, or nonexistence.

What a foolish man you are. Such a pity I don't blame you though, if you ever consider to lets say.. wake the **** up and think like a reasonable man, and open your ******* eyes I guess.. add me on msn [email protected] simply.

CarlinKnew

What a foolish man you are. Such a pity I don't blame you though, if you ever consider to lets say.. wake the **** up and think like a reasonable man, and open your ******* eyes I guess.. add me on msn [email protected] simply.

Instead of tossing out yet another personal attack, why don't you address the point that I raised?

CarlinKnew

And they can be extremely harmful at the same time. What's your ******* point?

My point from post #42 remains.

CarlinKnew said:

If you look at those "sins" and the punishment for them, it's easy to conclude that the Abrahamic God is evil.

Valkyr1a

Nabcake(:
My point from post #42 remains.

If you look at those "sins" and the punishment for them, it's easy to conclude that the Abrahamic God is evil.

Who told you that those are sins and that God is punishing people? God is not punishing anyone. God gave you a list of these sins and the punishments according to each one of them? And why the **** you view the God of Abraham by the catholic point of view which is ******* retarded? People who think that they support God are ******* idiots they make those things up simply because they are idiots, just like you. God never said such thing. If popes wanted to sell forgiving tickets to make money shame on them, but shame on the fools who bought them also. If you listen to ******** shame on the people who deliver it to you, but shame on you also because you allow yourself to be fooled.

CarlinKnew

Who told you that those are sins and that God is punishing people? God is not punishing anyone. God gave you a list of these sins and the punishments according to each one of them? And why the **** you view the God of Abraham by the catholic point of view which is ******* retarded? People who think that they support God are ******* idiots they make those things up simply because they are idiots, just like you. God never said such thing. If popes wanted to sell forgiving tickets to make money shame on them, but shame on the fools who bought them also. If you listen to ******** shame on the people who deliver it to you, but shame on you also because you allow yourself to be fooled.

First of all I view the Bible as a work of fiction; I'm an atheist. The examples I named are in the Bible. When you say "God is not punishing anyone" you're contradicting an extremely common interpretation of the Bible, one held by the majority of believers.

Valkyr1a

Nabcake(:
First of all I view the Bible as a work of fiction; I'm an atheist. The examples I named are in the Bible. When you say "God is not punishing anyone" you're contradicting an extremely common interpretation of the Bible, one held by the majority of believers.

F@ck the common presentations and translations and meanings of the bible, and f@ck the majority of the believers. F@ck them all. And tell me, do you really believe that it's random that you even exist? do you really think that **** just happens? You don't have the intellectual level to have an opinion about those things. Either accept it, or change it. Simple as that.

CarlinKnew

F@ck the common presentations and translations and meanings of the bible, and f@ck the majority of the believers. F@ck them all. And tell me, do you really believe that it's random that you even exist? do you really think that **** just happens? You don't have the intellectual level to have an opinion about those things. Either accept it, or change it. Simple as that.

I'll continue to ignore your pathetic personal attacks, but anyway...:rolleyes:

Taking into account the Big Bang, abiogensis, evolution, and memetics, there's certainly a lot of random chance involved in my existence. If there is some guiding force behind the laws of physics, we humans - poorly evolved primates - have no way of knowing.

Valkyr1a

Nabcake(:
I'll continue to ignore your pathetic personal attacks, but anyway...:rolleyes:

Taking into account the Big Bang, abiogensis, evolution, and memetics, there's certainly a lot of random chance involved in my existence. If there is some guiding force behind the laws of physics, we humans - poorly evolved primates - have no way of knowing.

You don't even know what science is. I told you, either accept your fate or change it. I already gave you my e-mail, is up to you now.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
This is an answer from the OP, not of any discussions after them: I don't see God as a dictator- I see Him as a parent. God doesn't separate from man, it is men and women who separate from God. Men were given free will because they wanted it- at least that is what I get from the bible. About the word "jealous", it can also be translated as "possessive". Some words have more than one meaning. :)

In that case the Abrahamic God is jealous and evil. He demands to be worshipped at the threat of eternal punishment.

The Holy Bible states clearly that the Creator God is a jealous God. He demands that His created beings (angels and human beings who have will) obey and worship Him and none else. Choosing to disobey Him has severe punishments attached to that Command. For example Satan and the angels who followed him (i.e., one third of the angels who lived in heaven) were driven out of heaven as an immediate punishment and they will in the end suffer forever in hell-fire as the final punishment. Adam and Eve were driven out of the Garden (paradise) and were made to work hard for thier living as the immediate punishment and their everlasting punishment will be decided on the Day of Judgment which is still future. No human being gets away with disobeying the Creator-God. He made mankind and gave them a "rule book" to follow. Those who don't follow the "Maker's Handbook" will have to "reap" what they sow. The Creator has never compelled any human being (or angel) to obey Him. He says: Take it or leave it. Disobedience always has its dire consequences. On the other hand Obedience has its rewards.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
In the case that God actually created us, we can say that we are his "children" and we can say that he is a loving father correct? Now what I do not understand is why doesn't God let us to live our lives freely; or is that true? Does God have "rules" like the 10 commandments etc for us to obey, or as guidelines for us to live happily with each other? Does God really want us to praise him, or to thank him? Is God testing us, or challenging us? And is God telling us that if we don't accept him we will go to hell, or that if we don't accept him we will never know or find out the truth about anything; thus we will be in eternal blindness? Well, did God create us as in His image and His alike to live so we can serve and worship him, or so we can live like Gods by his side?

*edit* I mostly refer to the God of Abraham; which means the God of the Jews, the Christians, and the Muslims. But I am quite sure that the most monotheist religions have more or less the same fundamentals.
The deity I believe in is not a dictator but neither do I believe he is the creator. The creator is a dictator.