• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Gender...

What (if any) Gender is Deity?

• Blue Blankie!

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Pink Blankie!

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • No Blankie- God is Genderless!

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • No Blankie- God contains all genders!

• No Blankie- It doesn't matter!

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • No Blankie- There is no God!

• Total voters

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
I have two views of God, one as the infinite Depths from which all things arise - unknowable and silent.

The other view i have is a more personal one; the parts of God like compassion, love, and empathy that i admire and would like to emulate in day-to-day life i see as being more feminine than masculine. So, the personal "feeling" i get of God is as a feminine presense, which sits alongside the broader understanding of God's infinite totality.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Circle_One said:
Honestly, Meggie, that has got to be one of the most beautiful mental images, with regards to the Gods, ever!

:eek: To be honest, it was just what I thought of in response to your post. (Wish I could claim to have put thought into it, but no such luck!) Looking back on it, though, it somehow summarizes how some of us (me included!) view the Gods. I'm so glad it struck a chord with someone! :hug:

uumckk16

lizskid said:
I wanted to vote for two...genderless and having all genders. We are part of God, and while I do not believe he is a gendered or sexual entity, I think he understands the genders and created them, theologically speaking.
I was also torn between those two. I ended up picking 'having all genders' since I believe God resides within us all...but then again, I suppose it's just our bodies that have genders, not our souls (in my belief anyway)...so now I'm torn again...

Regardless, I don't believe God is specifically male or female.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
When I think of a deity, being limited by my human concepts, I prefer to think of a woman, obviously. It is much more of a comfort to me.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Maize said:
When I think of a deity, being limited by my human concepts, I prefer to think of a woman, obviously. It is much more of a comfort to me.

Why? I'm curious.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Victor said:
Why? I'm curious.
:shrug:

I suppose growing up being told that the male God is jealous, vengeful, wrath-filled, and wants to control every aspect of my life had something to do with it. I rejected all of that.

Quiddity

Maize said:
:shrug:

I suppose growing up being told that the male God is jealous, vengeful, wrath-filled, and wants to control every aspect of my life had something to do with it. I rejected all of that.

That would do it.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
I don't believe God has a gender, though, I can't help but seeing God as male. I do see a female aspect in divinity that flows through Nature, life, and feeling, but my idea God is more of a rational, logical, productive, masculine personality.

Quiddity

Radio Frequency X said:
I don't believe God has a gender, though, I can't help but seeing God as male. I do see a female aspect in divinity that flows through Nature, life, and feeling, but my idea God is more of a rational, logical, productive, masculine personality.

*DUCK*
Tomatoes coming your way...........lol

Bishka

Veteran Member
HopefulNikki said:
Beyond the testimony of the Bible and other alledgedly revelatory/inspired religious texts, is there any reason to believe God is male?

Joseph Smith saw God in my belief.