• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Gender...

What (if any) Gender is Deity?

• Blue Blankie!

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Pink Blankie!

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • No Blankie- God is Genderless!

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • No Blankie- God contains all genders!

• No Blankie- It doesn't matter!

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • No Blankie- There is no God!

• Total voters

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
From my standpoint, "God" or "ALL THAT IS" is not even human in our terms and therefore any gender assignment is meaningless. The simple fact of the matter is that humans find it difficult to warm to the idea of an "IT" and so we project our own qualities onto that reality and that is the extent of any meaning. Go ahead, replace all instance of He and Him, Father etc in the Bible or Quran with IT and see how it reads. It quickly becomes difficult to relate and frankly there isn't much point in having a god concept you cannot relate to.

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
i really dont know about this one, you would have to take it up with the guy who wrote the fairytale that is the bible and ask him what his fictional character that he created is!

Bishka

Veteran Member
darkpenguin said:
i really dont know about this one, you would have to take it up with the guy who wrote the fairytale that is the bible and ask him what his fictional character that he created is!

Which guy would that be? :sarcastic

darkpenguin

Charismatic Enigma
i really don't know but i do know that it wasn't a divine entity, just some guy who was bored, a bit like shakespear but no where near as good!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I believe God to be illusory, so I'll take the illusory blanket as well.

How's about an orange-red blankie? Same color as a beautiful sunset. :monkey:

Peace,
Mystic

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
darkpenguin said:

So you're assuming that everyone who believes in a god believes in one of them and that is the Judeo-Christian god? Besides which, the topic you seem to be introducing into the thread is not relevant to the debate and is phrased in a purposefully insulting way. I hope that no one here as inspired such unkindness in you.

Ozzie

Feathers in Hair said:
(Continued from this thread.)

Does your concept of deity have a blue blankie or a pink one, or no blankie at all because:
1. They have no gender.
2. They contain all genders.
3. It doesn't matter.
4. God doesn't exist.

Why do believe what you do?

(Poll will be added in a moment.)

Gender is tangible. God is intangible. Doesn't this forcibly make God's gender a matter of personal opinion only? For that matter, why attempt to characterise God in any way based on tangible categories?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Ozzie said:
Gender is tangible. God is intangible. Doesn't this forcibly make God's gender a matter of personal opinion only? For that matter, why attempt to characterise God in any way based on tangible categories?

I imagine in an effort to make god seem tangible. (This thread was started in an attempt to get another thread back on track- I swear I wouldn't have brought up the topic otherwise! *pleads for everyone's mercy*)

Feathers in Hair said:
Why do believe what you do?

Actually, I don't believe a particualr way, I simply disbelieve what theists believe. I also disbelieve in what many other people believe in besides theists. I lean toward the idea that the Earth itself is a living organism, and it's eating itself and growing hungrier constantly. Soon the Earth must make better use of the resources that are currently beyond its reach. It must reproduce, like any other living thing we know of, and the only way that's going to happen is if the technospecie of the biosphere can transport examples of itself to extraterrestrial environments. We need more baskets for our eggs.

Random

I'd follow a Goddess if one existed, but a male God? No chance. Godlike is the Ultimate male!! :D :p :bow: