• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gods You'd Never Worship

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
Any 'revealed' Gods. I do not believe in revelation.

Any God claimed to punish any act that did not have negative outcomes on other people who did not consent to that act knowing the possibility of those outcomes. I do not believe in punishing victimless 'crime'.

Any God claimed to judge anyone (even mass murderers) though they may facilitate a system by which we are capable of segregating ourselves. I do not believe my creator, by virtue of creation is my rightful ruler.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't the more mystical strains of Christianity not anthropomorphize their god? I forget. Mysticism in Christianity is pretty underground, so I only hear bits and pieces about it in passing.

At any rate, why just the Greek pantheon, Riverwolf? What about them in particular is worse than, say, the males in the Egyptian pantheon or Japanese pantheon?

Sylvan

Unrepentant goofer duster
GOD that prescribes damnation for me, just for my beliefs or disbelief. Not worthy of my time.

:yes:

As for war gods and death gods etc. Some gods are not for worshiping. Some gods only favor particular people (like, for instance, the Jews). I find gods that are for everyone and everything to be fairly abstract entities.

F0uad

Since i would only worship what i belief is the God i cannot really answer you i do not belief there are any other then One so yeah...

I couldn't´t use a concept of multiplied gods nor would i equal him with hes creation.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Any God that will send you to eternal damnation for any reasons is far less sacred that Cow farts in my book, and I wouldn't worship him.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
I'd never worship the Islamic god because I could never worship someone that can't even express himself coherently:biglaugh:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Violent gods, especially ones who propose eternal damnation. Or gods who hate a certain group of people.

I generally like my Supreme Divinities to be generally beyond anthromorphisms and human-like qualities, I'm okay with the idea of polytheistic gods exhibiting more human-like characteristics, I guess. A bit anyway.

Strangely, I'm kind of okay with some gods of war, like Indra or Odin. :shrug:

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm not really interested in any sort of worship to begin with. I don't see the point.

So I guess any god that is human-like and fragile enough to desire worship would be off the list. Most gods that are described in human terms often seem exactly like that to me- humans.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I'd never worship the Islamic god because I could never worship someone that can't even express himself coherently:biglaugh:

Except that the "islamic god" is the exact same god of the christians and jews. Also, the torah and the new testament are just as incoherent as the koran.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Just because Christians took a mythological figure and expanded upon it doesn't make it a different mythological figure. Unless you're suggesting that the Christian variation is a bastardization of the real thing?

Perhaps one can argue that it's a slight difference but it is still a difference and it means that the Christian God isn't exactly the same as what Muslims and Jews worship

Jesus Pipes

Perhaps one can argue that it's a slight difference but it is still a difference and it means that the Christian God isn't exactly the same as what Muslims and Jews worship

It is the same God, just the prophets or beliefs that there was not a prophet differ. They praise the same God but they all hate each other because each one thinks they have the right way on how you should live your life and praise God.

Jacksnyte

Reverend
OK, I already see some posts referring to God(big G). The word god is not the actual name of any deity!!!! A lot of people do not realize this, and I think it is sad that such a large percentage of the world population worship a being whose name and origin they have no knowledge of!!!
Anyway, I would not worship any god that demands genocide!

Jacksnyte

Reverend

The Jews, Christians, and Muslims all worship the god of Abraham! All three of these faiths come directly from the Hebrew tradition! Therefore it is the same god! The differences come from the people doing the worshipping!

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
OK, I already see some posts referring to God(big G). The word god is not the actual name of any deity!!!!

Deities are named by their followers, and "God" has been the English name for the Abrahamic Deity for over a thousand years, unchanged from Anglo-Saxon.

That's not going to change any time soon.