• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Goodbye Perhaps?

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't understand where this comes from?
@anna. made a point that she values having visibility to threads that she did not intend to participate in. I and the OP don't value having visibility to threads we have no interest in. I was asking her why what she values should weigh more than what I or the OP value.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
@anna. made a point that she values having visibility to threads that she did not intend to participate in. I and the OP don't value having visibility to threads I have no interest in. I was asking her why what she values should weigh more than what I or the OP value.

You are mischaracterizing me and putting words in my mouth I did not say.

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
You are mischaracterizing me and putting words in my mouth I did not say.
Not intentionally, and if I am doing so, I apologize. But in fairness, I asked you a question and rather than answer, you said you literally said the opposite and did not elaborate. You chose to become aggressive with me, when that wasn't my intent toward you.

The OP and others here clearly find it preferable to not have visibility to certain threads. It appears to me that you are saying that those preferences aren't optimal. Am I wrong?

anna.

For me as well.

I hope you have a better day. :)

It wasn’t enlightening in a good way. I’m actually feeling quite sad at the moment. I don’t feel welcome here, but at least it’s clear to me why. I can move on from that now that I know. Wishing you all the best. Everyone who thanked all the posts with your general message, all the best to you too.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
It wasn’t enlightening in a good way.
I did pick up on your sarcasm and reciprocated in kind.

I’m actually feeling quite sad at the moment. I don’t feel welcome here, but at least it’s clear to me why. I can move on from that now that I know. Wishing you all the best. Everyone who thanked all the posts with your general message, all the best to you too.
What was said here that would make you feel unwelcome?

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@rocala - good luck with whatever you decide and I hope you feel better. Just stop reading the threads that bore or deplete you.
It's called Religious Forums, the main element is the Religion.
And there's a restaurant chain called Waffle House, but you can find other items apart from waffles on the menu.
There are many, many fora dedicated to politics for people who want that. This isn't one of them.
Nor is it dedicated to religion. This isn't a specialty shop. It's a mall or department store or supermarket.

Was RF originally only about religious topics? Maybe. The name suggests that. But if so, it's been expanded. Maybe the site should be renamed if those other nonreligious categories aren't going to be deleted.

Rival

Diex Aie
Staff member
Premium Member
@rocala - good luck with whatever you decide and I hope you feel better. Just stop reading the threads that bore or deplete you.

And there's a restaurant chain called Waffle House, but you can find other items apart from waffles on the menu.

Nor is it dedicated to religion. This isn't a specialty shop. It's a mall or department store or supermarket.

Was RF originally only about religious topics? Maybe. The name suggests that. But if so, it's been expanded. Maybe the site should be renamed if those other nonreligious categories aren't going to be deleted.
Many of us do want to delete them, but there are issues with that mostly regarding membership and loss of revenue. Personally I think the damage wouldn't be that great.

Also those other fora aren't causing huge problems and generating tens of reports.

Much of the membership have said they dislike all the politicking and that ought be taken into account.

If that waffle house has a flavour 70% of people don't buy, it will stop selling it.

Last edited:

anna.

I did pick up on your sarcasm and reciprocated in kind.

You know, I wasn't being sarcastic. It was a light bulb moment for me, but not in a good way. In a sad way.

But good to know you reciprocated with your understanding that I was being sarcastic.

anna.

Not intentionally, and if I am doing so, I apologize.

Thank you. However unintentionally, yes, you did.

But in fairness, I asked you a question and rather than answer, you said you literally said the opposite and did not elaborate. You chose to become aggressive with me, when that wasn't my intent toward you.

The OP and others here clearly find it preferable to not have visibility to certain threads. It appears to me that you are saying that those preferences aren't optimal. Am I wrong?

This is a 2 page thread, and you couldn't go back and see if you'd misread my post?

NOWHERE did I say my "values should weigh more than what [you] or the OP value." Those are your words, that you put in my mouth.

Here's what I said:

If there was a similar opt-in/opt-out for all categories, that seems a good way for anyone to be able to block out what they don't want to see, including other religions, other viewpoints, or any other topic they might consider to be a pile of ****. Then everyone can be in their own silos, and never have to look at what's important to other people, only what's important to themselves. I can see the downside to that.

I literally said that a subject block would be a good way to go for all categories, while also saying why I thought that would have a downside.

Last edited: