• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest film of all time

Titanic

fight club based on the one qoute, we've all been raised on television to believe one day we'd all be millionaire's, moviegod's and rockstars, but we won't.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Hey, if we're doing Disney films, I'd like to add:
101 Dalmatians
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Beauty and the Beast
Lady and The Tramp
Peter Pan
Aladdin
+more

Titanic

Lady and the Tramp is awesome but i think i would have to go with The Lion King as the best Disney film ever.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Trying to narrow the greatest film of all time down to one choice is like trying to choose which of my attributes is the best thing about me. It's simply impossible.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
All time fav..."To Kill a Mockingbird." Best movie you may have never seen..."The Secret of Santa Vittoria" with Anthony Quinn. Best action movie..."Terminator 3." Best Comedy..."Secondhand Lions." Best animated film..."Toy Story." Best John Travolta movie..."Michael."

Last edited:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
I don't like the term "greatest film of all time", because film is an art form and art is extremely subjective. I prefer "what is your favorite film"...and even then it can be tricky to pick one.

My top 5 favorite films, in no particular order, are:

Beauty and the Beast
Battle Royale
Edward Scissorhands
Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2 (I count them as one movie)
Akira

Well. For one of the best known I really go for The Wizard of Oz.

First, I love your user name. It was my CB handle back in the 70's...

Second, I love the Wizard of Oz as well, although I don't know that it would be my favorite film. For the first time, I am reading the Baum books, and they have a somewhat different flavor, and as I read I find myself wondering how it will impact my experience the next time I watch the movie.

Humorous memory... the movie was re-released to theaters about 15 or 20 years ago, and after I watched it on the big screen with my family, my ex-wife said, "I never realized that it was a musical." I laughed... I didn't admit at the time that it hadn't occurred to me either. I had watched it so many times as a kid that I never bothered to consider classifying the movie.