• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hamas to recruit Gazan youths in Khan Yunis comeback

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Those who remember Afghanistan and many other places will not be surprised by this. I sure am not. The current Israeli government appears to be incapable of trying to find a different path outside of yet another repetition in a few years. I'm not naive so don't believe that alternatives are simple and will automatically work. But why not admit that the current path is a failure on multiple levels and start trying to find an alternative.

Hamas is now holding new training camps for its new recruits to replace the 14,000-16,000 of its fighters who the IDF has killed, The Post confirmed.

The trend has continued since the IDF withdrew from Khan Yunis on April 7. Still, Army Radio reported on Sunday, and the Jerusalem Post confirmed with multiple sources that the Hamas comeback trend in Khan Yunis could be crossing crucial thresholds.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hamas seeks to stay in power and prepare for it's next pogrom, and your go-to line is to rail against the Israeli government. There's a word for that.
It's a phrase - member of an opposition party in Israel. Or are you asserting that to oppose Netanyahu even for Israelis is to be what? That "word" you alluded to?

So you believe that Israel now needs to go back to Khan Yunis again and continue the war until when? Do you truly believe that the only policy is Netanyahu's and that the war has to continue until total victory if it takes 100 years?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Those who remember Afghanistan and many other places will not be surprised by this. I sure am not. The current Israeli government appears to be incapable of trying to find a different path outside of yet another repetition in a few years. I'm not naive so don't believe that alternatives are simple and will automatically work. But why not admit that the current path is a failure on multiple levels and start trying to find an alternative.

Hamas is now holding new training camps for its new recruits to replace the 14,000-16,000 of its fighters who the IDF has killed, The Post confirmed.

The trend has continued since the IDF withdrew from Khan Yunis on April 7. Still, Army Radio reported on Sunday, and the Jerusalem Post confirmed with multiple sources that the Hamas comeback trend in Khan Yunis could be crossing crucial thresholds.
Yes… and it happened before Israel invaded and before the massacre of Oct 7th. I believe they were the same things to elementary school children. I would say it is a culture of generations.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yes… and it happened before Israel invaded and before the massacre of Oct 7th. I believe they were the same things to elementary school children. I would say it is a culture of generations.

Hamas is skilled at propaganda and indoctrination. Israel needs to find a different approach that addresses the root of the problem. Muslim nations in the region and Israeli Muslims are, I think, needed as part of that alternative path.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Surveys have shown that a significant number of Gaza residents are pro-Hamas. I'm not naive.
Even after showing the world on Oct. 7th what kind of entity Hamas really is?
And those are the people that a large number of democrats believe are the good guys, while their targets (Israelis) are the bad guys.
Israel is correct to keep up the pressure to eliminate Hamas.

Regiomontanus

Eastern Orthodox

That supports the following from the other day:

“The idea that it is possible to destroy Hamas, to make Hamas vanish — that is throwing sand in the eyes of the public,” Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari said Wednesday in an interview with Israel’s Channel 13."

The more civilians the IDF kills, so much the better for Hamas recruiting.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hamas seeks to stay in power and prepare for it's next pogrom, and your go-to line is to rail against the Israeli government. There's a word for that.
There's also a harsh word for your ignoring Israel's conduct
being the reason why Hamas endures, & for objecting to
criticism of Israel's government.

Laniakea

Not of this world
That supports the following from the other day:

“The idea that it is possible to destroy Hamas, to make Hamas vanish — that is throwing sand in the eyes of the public,” Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari said Wednesday in an interview with Israel’s Channel 13."

The more civilians the IDF kills, so much the better for Hamas recruiting.
For some reason, our news outlets rely on Hamas to tell us how many "civilians" were killed, and our news outlets and government take it at face value.

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

For some reason, our news outlets rely on Hamas to tell us how many "civilians" were killed, and our news outlets and government take it at face value.
Thats because the history of the health department of Hamas of any count of death in attacks by the terrorist organization IDF is proved to be trustworthy by different international organizations

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Even after showing the world on Oct. 7th what kind of entity Hamas really is?
And those are the people that a large number of democrats believe are the good guys, while their targets (Israelis) are the bad guys.
Israel is correct to keep up the pressure to eliminate Hamas.
Even more so. This is a good sign and keeping the pressure up in destroying their capability can insure they won't be attacking Israel a very long time.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Even more so. This is a good sign and keeping the pressure up in destroying their capability can insure they won't be attacking Israel a very long time.
First, "ensure" is the word you want.
Second, Israel's "pressure" is the very reason
that Hamas was inspired to be formed. It's
the height of insanity to pursue a doctrine
that's failed decade after decade, & then
double down on it.
The fanaticism of Zionism has destroyed
their ability to reason & empathize.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
First, "ensure" is the word you want.
Second, Israel's "pressure" is the very reason
that Hamas was inspired to be formed. It's
the height of insanity to pursue a doctrine
that's failed decade after decade, & then
double down on it.
The fanaticism of Zionism has destroyed
their ability to reason & empathize.
I have no sympathy for fanatical antisemites.

The antisemites destroy themselves actually by continually initiating their own hostilities.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have no sympathy for fanatical antisemites.
I've none for fanatical Zionists.
But sympathies are irrelevant.
The antisemites destroy themselves actually by continually initiating their own hostilities.
The most anti-Semitic people on the face
of the Earth are Israelis, given that Palestinians
are a Semitic people. Israel has lost all humanity
for non-Jews.
But if we assume the goal of Israel existing with
peace & security, then they must do something
different from interminable oppression of the
Palestinians, their attacks in neighboring countries,
& their dependence upon USA's massive largesse.
Allowing peace, justice, & prosperity to Palestinians
is the only path to peace.