• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Harsh Truth: If Intelligent Design is Untestable . . .

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
"Seeing" with our own eyes isn't really a very reliable way to observe something in the fields of science. The vast majority of "observations" are not through pure human sight. In fact very little is. Distinctions made that do use the human eyes are usually classified and quantified so it can go through deductions and processes of elimination in order to determine what it actually means. A good example of this is crash test dummies. We see the crash. We see the dummy. We see what the dummy does in the crash but what really actually matters is the un-seen observations of the measurements of g-forces being recorded by devices in the dummy. The rest really doesn't matter.

And the observations of what on the car held up and what didn't is also quantified and classified rather than simply judgments using the eyes.

And the process that our body works is an evidence for ID.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
And the process that our body works is an evidence for ID.
In no way shape or form is this true. I could easily say that it is evidence that we were once from mars or that unicorns exist. It simply does not follow. Provide a roadmap for me from point A, our bodies to point B intelligent design.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
In no way shape or form is this true. I could easily say that it is evidence that we were once from mars or that unicorns exist. It simply does not follow. Provide a roadmap for me from point A, our bodies to point B intelligent design.

Doesn't the way we mate and reproduce an evidence for plan and design than being accidentally happened to be so.

The Process of Human Reproduction

Sexual intercourse is the reproductive act in which semen can be expelled into the female via male ejaculation. During sexual intercourse, the male inserts an erect penis into the vagina, and the bodies move together until ejaculation occurs. Once semen is expelled into the vagina, sperm swim through the cervix and uterus until they reach the Fallopian tubes. If the female has ovulated, the mature egg is waiting within one of the Fallopian tubes.

Conception

Conception occurs when a single sperm penetrates the egg and fuses together. This process is called fertilization. Once the mature egg is fertilized, the egg travels down the Fallopian tube to the uterus. Once the fertilized egg is in the uterus, it begins to implant into the wall of the uterus. If the egg successfully implants, pregnancy has been achieved and the egg is referred to as an embryo.

Pregnancy
The normal pregnancy lasts between 38 to 42 weeks. During this time, the embryo forms the vital organs that must be present in order for the fetus to live outside of the uterus. The embryo is attached to the mother by the umbilical cord, and receives all of the nutrients needed by this connection. Once the pregnancy reaches nine weeks, the embryo is known as a fetus until birth.

The Process of Human Reproduction | LIVESTRONG.COM

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Doesn't the way we mate and reproduce an evidence for plan and design than being accidentally happened to be so.

No. No it does not.
The Process of Human Reproduction
Sexual intercourse is the reproductive act in which semen can be expelled into the female via male ejaculation. During sexual intercourse, the male inserts an erect penis into the vagina, and the bodies move together until ejaculation occurs. Once semen is expelled into the vagina, sperm swim through the cervix and uterus until they reach the Fallopian tubes. If the female has ovulated, the mature egg is waiting within one of the Fallopian tubes.

Conception

Conception occurs when a single sperm penetrates the egg and fuses together. This process is called fertilization. Once the mature egg is fertilized, the egg travels down the Fallopian tube to the uterus. Once the fertilized egg is in the uterus, it begins to implant into the wall of the uterus. If the egg successfully implants, pregnancy has been achieved and the egg is referred to as an embryo.

Pregnancy
The normal pregnancy lasts between 38 to 42 weeks. During this time, the embryo forms the vital organs that must be present in order for the fetus to live outside of the uterus. The embryo is attached to the mother by the umbilical cord, and receives all of the nutrients needed by this connection. Once the pregnancy reaches nine weeks, the embryo is known as a fetus until birth.

The Process of Human Reproduction | LIVESTRONG.COM
This is a great sex ed info but nothing about this is design quality. If I were to design a penis/vagina system I wouldn't have the uterus being involved. This alone seems to cause the majority of UTI's in women. Also having the anus so close to the vagina can cause fecal matter to be wiped into the vagina if the person doing the wiping isn't careful. If a woman were pregnant and a piece of fecal matter was brushed into the vagina and it was not successfully expelled it would poison the child and it would die of sepsis.

But we understand how these reproductive organs have developed. We know how sexual reproduction starts and you can see sexual reproduction without the usage of gonads and sexual organs. So why is it evidence of design? Simply saying "it works therefore designer" is flawed.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No. No it does not.

This is a great sex ed info but nothing about this is design quality. If I were to design a penis/vagina system I wouldn't have the uterus being involved. This alone seems to cause the majority of UTI's in women. Also having the anus so close to the vagina can cause fecal matter to be wiped into the vagina if the person doing the wiping isn't careful. If a woman were pregnant and a piece of fecal matter was brushed into the vagina and it was not successfully expelled it would poison the child and it would die of sepsis.

But we understand how these reproductive organs have developed. We know how sexual reproduction starts and you can see sexual reproduction without the usage of gonads and sexual organs. So why is it evidence of design? Simply saying "it works therefore designer" is flawed.

What a better design you can come with than the uterus being involved and a better position for the vagina and the anus.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
What a better design you can come with than the uterus being involved and a better position for the vagina and the anus.
That the vagina is at a separate part of the body. Perhaps nearer the stomach that way when she gives birth she doesn't have to squeeze it out of her ill designed hips. You see our hips were not turned the way they are not when our reproductive systems developed. Chimpanzee's and other apes have a wider hip rotation and smaller heads. If we were to keep the current design it would only make sense to either widen the hips more or to have it by-pass the hips all together. I am in favor of by passing the hips and removing any possible cross between the urine and fecal tracts. Same for the penis. Even having a second track and keeping the penis but having a urethra that exited elsewhere would be better and more beneficial. There is a whole load of other changes I would make to the human body that aren't in regards to sexual organs as well.

Skwim

Veteran Member
And what was before it ?

Nothing : impossible
And you know this to be a fact because______________FILL IN THE BLANK___________________________ .

a thing : who brought it ?
Why is it necessarily a "who" instead of a "what"? ......No need to answer; we're all aware of your needs.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
That the vagina is at a separate part of the body. Perhaps nearer the stomach that way when she gives birth she doesn't have to squeeze it out of her ill designed hips. You see our hips were not turned the way they are not when our reproductive systems developed. Chimpanzee's and other apes have a wider hip rotation and smaller heads. If we were to keep the current design it would only make sense to either widen the hips more or to have it by-pass the hips all together. I am in favor of by passing the hips and removing any possible cross between the urine and fecal tracts. Same for the penis. Even having a second track and keeping the penis but having a urethra that exited elsewhere would be better and more beneficial. There is a whole load of other changes I would make to the human body that aren't in regards to sexual organs as well.

We can't do the Sultry Saddle, the squat, the standing up, the spider..etc that is a boring design and a woman looks abnormal to me for having the vagina at the stomach.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
We can't do the Sultry Saddle, the squat, the standing up, the spider..etc that is a boring design and a woman looks abnormal to me for having the vagina at the stomach.
Where those sex positions you listed? And it would only look strange for the vagina to be in the stomach because our biology does not have it there. If our biology did have it there it would be strange to see a woman with a vagina in the pelvis.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
And you know this to be a fact because______________FILL IN THE BLANK___________________________ .

Why is it necessarily a "who" instead of a "what"? ......No need to answer; we're all aware of your needs.

Who or what, it doesn't make any difference.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Where those sex positions you listed? And it would only look strange for the vagina to be in the stomach because our biology does not have it there. If our biology did have it there it would be strange to see a woman with a vagina in the pelvis.

Not all bodies are attractive regardless of where the vagina is positioned, imagine we have those women alive (your design) today.

Why male is fixed to be attracted to women of today, what if women were having the vagina at stomach and male feel it disgusting, isn't that an evidence for design.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Who or what, it doesn't make any difference.
So it doesn't make any difference that your god had no hand in bringing about the initial condition of our universe? That it was not god-created?

Last edited:

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Not all bodies are attractive regardless of where the vagina is positioned, imagine we have those women alive (your design) today.

Why male is fixed to be attracted to women of today, what if women were having the vagina at stomach and male feel it disgusting, isn't that an evidence for design.
The males wouldn't feel it was disgusting if we evolved that way or if we were designed that way. What we find attractive is arbitrary to our own genetic preferences. For example I don't find cows sexy. But other cows find cows sexy.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Yeah but if they only want to fight on the side of the hill away from the city why not combat them there rather than listen to them taunt you from a position of unimportant while asserting victory? Meh. I hope that at some point in time I have debated or discussed these issues with creationists and that even though none have changed their mind throughout the debate will have dealt a blow that eventually changed their minds in the future.
Ignorant is curable, stupid is life long.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
I said it before giving names and terms won't change reality.
The reality is that nothing can come to existence from nothingness and call this reality as argument from ignorance or any terms you wish.
"Something from nothing" is your construct, that's know as a strawman argument.