• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Has human evolution been disproved?

Amill

Apikoros
We already have enough nuclear armaments to destroy all life on earth many times over.
You're sure about that? It would kill every single living organism on the planet? naww
Q: Would it be possible to kill ALL of Earth’s life with nuclear bombs? « Ask a Mathematician / Ask a Physicist
best source I can find answering the subject at the moment. First of all, we'd have to place the nuclear devices all over the world, we wouldn't be able to shoot off every nuke we had(because some places would get wiped out by the nukes we already sent off), and even if we were able to use every single nuke we had, what do we do about the extremophiles that can live with massive amounts of radiation? Bacteria that live deep underground? Organisms that live around black smokers deep in the ocean?

And then we have water bears.
You can freeze them (-272°C), boil them (151°C), dry them out, irradiate them (500,000 rads), and even chuck them into space, and they couldn’t care less.

But what sort of a vessel did the water bears create to get up into space, do you know?

They waited for other organisms to evolve the capability first, just like humans having to wait for the right kinds of elements to exist before life became possible. Water bears are most high.

S-word

Here we go again, every time an opponent runs out of decent punches they end up by hitting below the belt and attempting to kick a man where it hurts, in order to stop the resentless pounding that he is enduring. But when an opponentt is forced to resort to gutter tactics I know he's beaten and its time to get out of the ring and close the door to the venue. Where, hidden in the darkness where I can't see them they can dance around shadow boxing and telling their mates how good they were. It's easy to turn ones back on a snot dribbling exausted bull.

Last edited:

DarkSun

:eltiT
Here we go again, every time an opponent runs out of decent punches they end up by hitting below the belt and attempting to kick a man where it hurts, in order to stop the resentless pounding that he is enduring. But when an opponentt is forced to resort to gutter tactics I know he's beaten and its time to get out of the ring and close the door to the venue. Where, hidden in the darkness where I can't see them they can dance around shadow boxing and telling their mates how good they were. It's easy to turn ones back on a snot dribbling exausted bull.

No, I think they're just a little frustrated that you don't seem to be listening to them. That's why they might seem to be coming across as a bit harsh.

Perhaps it'd be easier on everyone if you made an attempt to see where they're coming from instead of arguing with them?

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
"Has human Evolution been disproved?"

NO...!

Now that we've cleared that up...what else shall we discuss?

Last edited:

logician

Yes it has! Watch if you can. Enjoy!

If you actually want to really read about the details of evolution, read 2 monumental works by great scientists of evolution:

"The Ancestor's Tale" by Richard Dawkins.

"The Structure of Evolutionary Theory" by S J Gould (fairly technical)

Don't waste you time with fairy tales.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Yeah. Isn't my right to dwell in the cave and do all I can to keep/put everyone else in there as well?

Perfect analogy. While YE Creationists attempt to keep everyone in the dark in their cave of pseudoscience, those who would promote knowledge will keep the candle of discovery lit and lead the world out of the darkness of ignorance.

Last edited:

RedOne77

Perfect analogy. While you and your ilk attempt to keep everyone in the dark in your cave of pseudoscience, those who would promote knowledge will keep the candle of discovery lit and lead the world out of the darkness of ignorance.

While you may view it as a perfect analogy, I don't see how it could possibly be comforting. I'm reminded of something I saw on the forum (can't remember who posted it), but basically said anyone who is a creationist in this day and age is just refusing the evidence and will never change. I have a feeling this is the general impression of evolutionists, especially those who have been in the debate for a while. Well, I have news for you, creationism is about half of the U.S. and is growing in Europe (over 1/4 in some countries) and is widespread in the middle east. The greatest power in the world, U.S., is going through economical turmoil, which in turns put less money in the schools. In my state alone education got an 11% cut, and new bills that are most likely going to get passed will ultimately increase tuition to colleges indirectly by forcing universities to take more in-state applications than out of state applications. This raises the tuition for everyone (as the college looses revenue from out of state students), just inflating the already near-crisis levels of college tuition now. All of this will ultimately create an even poorer educational system at all levels in the U.S. to an already poor education system compared to other countries from Europe and India. (Students are nearly 2 years behind these other countries when they enter college today and it is only going to get worse.)

So you have a bad education system about to get worse and worse, with fewer and fewer people able to go into higher education, with a growing (and at minimum stable) creationist population that you know is only going to increase as education decreases. I can see the candle dimming, being overtaken by the darkness of the cave, can't you?

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
So you have a bad education system about to get worse and worse, with fewer and fewer people able to go into higher education, with a growing (and at minimum stable) creationist population that you know is only going to increase as education decreases. I can see the candle dimming, being overtaken by the darkness of the cave, can't you?

I see a struggle to illuminate ignorance. A struggle worth fighting for, if only for the sake of future generations.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology

Your post reminds me of the policy of the early Ku Klux Klan, which openly (even written into their charters) proclaimed there hatred for Jews, Blacks, and Intellectuals.

Not often that you hear someone openly campaigning for ignorance and stupidity.

Regardless, I would ask you for evidence of your claims in the growth of creationism - but I really don't care. I feel fairly certain that your claims of growth in your "movement" are as well grounded as your rejection of the theory of evolution.

droog1

Red One, with all due respect, if I'm reading your above quote correctly, your trying to tell me that the biggest reason creationism is becoming more popular is because our education system is getting worse.

Are you trying to say that the creationism side is getting more popular because people are becoming less educated? Do you see that this doesn't help the side of YEC or creationism at all? Only those without much education believe that creationism is real?

Not a very good endorsement, imho......

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Are you trying to say that the creationism side is getting more popular because people are becoming less educated? Do you see that this doesn't help the side of YEC or creationism at all? Only those without much education believe that creationism is real?

I might be misreading his position, but I believe that he is actually offering himself up as the prime example of your post, Droog.

And quite proudly, at that.

RedOne77

I see a struggle to illuminate ignorance. A struggle worth fighting for, if only for the sake of future generations.

Well, someone has to carry the light, no-matter how dim. I like your response.

Your post reminds me of the policy of the early Ku Klux Klan, which openly (even written into their charters) proclaimed there hatred for Jews, Blacks, and Intellectuals.

Have you ever interacted with the KKK over an extended period of time or talked to someone who has?

Not often that you hear someone openly campaigning for ignorance and stupidity.

I campaign for the truth.

Regardless, I would ask you for evidence of your claims in the growth of creationism - but I really don't care. I feel fairly certain that your claims of growth in your "movement" are as well grounded as your rejection of the theory of evolution.

While it has been on the decline in recent years in the U.S., it is quite possible it will come back up. But in Europe it is rising, as well as other places (like in Africa). In 2008, 30% of UK science teachers think that creationism should be taught in science classes and if I remember right, I once heard Dawkins say that ruffly 40% of England is some form of creationist which is an increase from previous years.

Red One, with all due respect, if I'm reading your above quote correctly, your trying to tell me that the biggest reason creationism is becoming more popular is because our education system is getting worse.

There seems to be a correlation between the two, and that is what it says. I believe it has to do with philosophical naturalism permeating academia trickling down into the whole society blinding them to the truth, but that's a discussion for another thread.

I might be misreading his position, but I believe that he is actually offering himself up as the prime example of your post, Droog.

And quite proudly, at that.

Advocatus Diaboli

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Have you ever interacted with the KKK over an extended period of time or talked to someone who has?
I grew up in the south, in the late 50's and early 60's. I had neighbors that proudly displayed their membership certificate in the KKK right above the fireplace. In my youth, the Baptist church that I attended was strongly influenced by the local cadre of the KKK. So yea - I'd say I've interacted with the KKK. I know who they are, I know what they espouse, and I know the cowardice of their methods.

I campaign for the truth.
... by trying to crush education.

While it has been on the decline in recent years in the U.S., it is quite possible it will come back up. But in Europe it is rising, as well as other places (like in Africa). In 2008, 30% of UK science teachers think that creationism should be taught in science classes and if I remember right, I once heard Dawkins say that ruffly 40% of England is some form of creationist which is an increase from previous years.
Nice anecdotal information. Got any evidence to support those assertions?

Advocatus Diaboli
Advocate away.