• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have the Rich Gone to War Against the Poor and Middle Class in America?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Class envy never gets anyone anywhere.
Not everyone is motivated by money though. Some of us just want enough to not worry about where the money is going to come from to sustain ourselves, and enough left over to go out and have some fun.
If I had a billion dollars, I'd get out of debt, get my car and house fixed up, have my parents debt eliminated and their house fixed, the same for my sister, and probably my inlaws. I'd then get a recording studio, put the rest back for school, and have plenty left over. I wouldn't want a big house, big boat, an expensive car that is expensive only because of the name, 5-star resorts, or any other rich luxuries. Not everyone does. Myself, I would rather give the extra money to help others than to waste it all on pointless luxuries. I could be the richest person ever, and I would be perfectly content living in a double wide.

dust1n

Zindīq
Class envy never gets anyone anywhere.

I guess when you consider the FDA, Welfare, The 40 hour work week, Medicare, anti-trust laws, inheritance tax, democracy, social equality, etc. etc. etc. as 'nowhere', that would be 'somewhere' worth being... :confused:

I think you envy the lower classes because they actually can and do get themselves and others somewhere.

dust1n

Zindīq
I would rather give the extra money to help others than to waste it all on pointless luxuries. I could be the richest person ever, and I would be perfectly content living in a double wide.

Sounds like a public and a personal responsibility to me.