• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you met the God?

Ralphg

To keep it comprehensive (not just for others to understand but also for myself...) I'll tell you a short version about the 'strongest' 'exaltion' I've had a few years ago.
I was sitting at home and suddenly witnessed a gathering of - let's call them - 'angels' was taking place in my livingroom. When they saw me they shortly discussed among themselves why I was there and why I could see them. They didn't all agree but most of them were convinced I was able to see them because I had a strong longing to meet God. They then all turned to me and tried to ask in 1 voice a question but since they not all agreed I heard several voices and several questions. I told them I couldn't understand them so they formed a circle facing each other and said; "To tell you the truth, if you enter this circle now we all aren't sure what will happen". Therefore I decided not to enter that circle. They understood that and then said "Ok, so we can leave again now?". I answered "but I still haven't met God yet and I really would like to". They agreed to grant me my wish and said "to make sure you can meet God we will all become 1 and you must decide for yourself if you want to be part of 'us' or stay where you are now and meet Him while being in your physical body". As they started to 'merge' into one entity a 'saw' many flashes of light all containing numerous images of what people usually describe after having an 'exaltion'. After a while I regained my concious mind and I heard 1 voice saying; "sorry we weren't able to make you meet God, the reason for that was that you decided not to become 1 with us, you decided to stay 'the other one' and we (the 'angels') know God is All in 1 and 1 in All, without you there is no God and without God there is no you".

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I haven't yet had the need to imagine I've met god. I don't discount the possibility that I may eventually become psychologically damaged or needy enough that such imaginings might appeal to me.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Well you thought it was God but had no proof it was him.
Old Goldbach did express it in uncertain terms he said - "it seems" (emphasis mine) which kicks it out of the realm of a valid argument/statement.

He said that because he could not prove it.

So, do you agree that this conjecture is either true or not, independently from Mr. Goldbach opinion?

Walk in beauty

I prefer to drive in beauty, if it is ok with you :)

Ciao

- viole

Theunis

Oh well if it was conjecture and him thus expressing an opinion and because of the lack of evidence/research to support or refute what he said I shall leave it hanging on his gravestone until such time he is reincarnated to seek an answer all on his own.:)

"Walk in beauty" is an ancient original America inhabitants blessing so if you drive in beauty you may squash the flower beds and destroy the beauty of the veldt. If you drive a hovercraft then it is okay by me.:D

outhouse

Atheistically
I wonder if anyone has really succeeded in meeting Him.

Which one, which god?

I held a bottle of ink, it is the closest anyone will get to the concept.

Personal perception is not a credible means of evidence.

Either is assuming the different defined concepts exist.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
"Walk in beauty" is an ancient original America inhabitants blessing so if you drive in beauty you may squash the flower beds and destroy the beauty of the veldt. If you drive a hovercraft then it is okay by me.:D

I wonder how the blessing would look like if the ancient indians had cars. Probably, they would have realized that it is much more likely to squash a flower while walking than to drive on a German autobahn with a sport car, lol.

Ciao

- viole

Kelly of the Phoenix

I am watching that so many people talk about God with strong enough arguments.

I wonder if anyone has really succeeded in meeting Him.

Have you ever been in connection with the God?
Only "met" in dreams. Mostly I just feel His messages like I'm downloading a tweet or something :)

I appreciate your comments. Certainly God is not here. If God been here then the grief should not be here.
However God is being seen around here and there. So maybe some guys have met him. [emoji4]
Who said that grief can't exist if God does? What does His existence have to do with our emotional satisfaction?

I am truthful, thank you, Jiddanand. I will read the Gita.
I'm from Christianity and I found it to be wonderful, though I concede I read a prose version included with a translation of the Mahabharata.

Jiddanand

To keep it comprehensive (not just for others to understand but also for myself...) I'll tell you a short version about the 'strongest' 'exaltion' I've had a few years ago.
I was sitting at home and suddenly witnessed a gathering of - let's call them - 'angels' was taking place in my livingroom. When they saw me they shortly discussed among themselves why I was there and why I could see them. They didn't all agree but most of them were convinced I was able to see them because I had a strong longing to meet God. They then all turned to me and tried to ask in 1 voice a question but since they not all agreed I heard several voices and several questions. I told them I couldn't understand them so they formed a circle facing each other and said; "To tell you the truth, if you enter this circle now we all aren't sure what will happen". Therefore I decided not to enter that circle. They understood that and then said "Ok, so we can leave again now?". I answered "but I still haven't met God yet and I really would like to". They agreed to grant me my wish and said "to make sure you can meet God we will all become 1 and you must decide for yourself if you want to be part of 'us' or stay where you are now and meet Him while being in your physical body". As they started to 'merge' into one entity a 'saw' many flashes of light all containing numerous images of what people usually describe after having an 'exaltion'. After a while I regained my concious mind and I heard 1 voice saying; "sorry we weren't able to make you meet God, the reason for that was that you decided not to become 1 with us, you decided to stay 'the other one' and we (the 'angels') know God is All in 1 and 1 in All, without you there is no God and without God there is no you".
You lost the chance?

Jiddanand

I finally figured it out - "the God" comes from the Vedas where the "True Religion" for the Hindus is mentioned
Thus my God is not your God holds sway.o_O
God is God. God is not like your God or my God. God have spoken to people in the past. Those saying became Scripture.

outhouse

Atheistically
God have spoken to people in the past

No.

Only people wrote and them later claimed that. It has never been substantiated.

Back then people thought gods controlled their conscious minds. A good thought was god speaking and a bad thought was an evil spirit.

They had no idea what the conscious mind was or did.

Ralphg

You lost the chance?
Like I said i've shortened the experience quite a bit. Before the ending like I told in my previous post the following happened:
At 1 point the 'angels' said they've 'found' something that might resemble what I was asking for (I was asking to meet God). I was asked to close my eyes so I couldn't see It directly but I knew I was alone with It and It asked me if I wanted to stay alone with It any longer. I asked what the consequences would be if I did. Then I 'felt' the idea was I had to die and stay death to really see It. I then spoke out loud I prefert to live a little longer and at the same time I spoke the words "did I do my job well?". A voice spoke and said: 'You've used 2 sentences so you will get 2 answers". I then 'felt' I was allowed to open my eyes and with the upper right corner of my right-eye I saw on eye winking to me as of to say 'yes, you did your job well'. My body then started to tremble and I died. A few moments later I was resurrected by a white, cloudy, hand which entered my chest and touched my heart. I stood up but couldn't see anything, I stretched my hand out and felt the manes of a horse and I could also smell horse manure.

Considering all my supernatural experiences all in all I think I best simply answer your question as follow: "Yes, I've met God".

roger1440

I do stuff
I appreciate your comments. Certainly God is not here. If God been here then the grief should not be here.
However God is being seen around here and there. So maybe some guys have met him. [emoji4]
You had used "here" three times. Where is here?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Ah the field of Psychology - The Id, the Ego and the Super-Ego. The super-ego stands at the door Keeping an eye on the Id and the Ego, seeing to it that they do not get out of hand and take control thus upsetting the equilibrium. The Super-Ego is the scales of Libra always trying to keep the balance.
Yes I am that I am, but only if you accept your duality. There are many, far to many, in this life who are not as stable as you appear to be.
Yes that's true, I went through the horror house of the ego for many years until I had enough and just gave into whatever it was, and came out laughing, I'm still laughing ha ha.

Jiddanand

Like I said i've shortened the experience quite a bit. Before the ending like I told in my previous post the following happened:
At 1 point the 'angels' said they've 'found' something that might resemble what I was asking for (I was asking to meet God). I was asked to close my eyes so I couldn't see It directly but I knew I was alone with It and It asked me if I wanted to stay alone with It any longer. I asked what the consequences would be if I did. Then I 'felt' the idea was I had to die and stay death to really see It. I then spoke out loud I prefert to live a little longer and at the same time I spoke the words "did I do my job well?". A voice spoke and said: 'You've used 2 sentences so you will get 2 answers". I then 'felt' I was allowed to open my eyes and with the upper right corner of my right-eye I saw on eye winking to me as of to say 'yes, you did your job well'. My body then started to tremble and I died. A few moments later I was resurrected by a white, cloudy, hand which entered my chest and touched my heart. I stood up but couldn't see anything, I stretched my hand out and felt the manes of a horse and I could also smell horse manure.

Considering all my supernatural experiences all in all I think I best simply answer your question as follow: "Yes, I've met God".
Very nice of you. You are the lucky one. Or chosen however you say or grasp.
I liked your response that questions "did I performed well?"