• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Have you met the God?

Yoshua

I am watching that so many people talk about God with strong enough arguments.

I wonder if anyone has really succeeded in meeting Him.

Have you ever been in connection with the God?
Hi Jiddanand,

Meeting with God takes place when we leave our body here on earth. Yes, I'm having a connection with God by believing and entrusting my life to Him.

Thanks

Theunis

I wonder how the blessing would look like if the ancient indians had cars. Probably, they would have realized that it is much more likely to squash a flower while walking than to drive on a German autobahn with a sport car, lol.

Ciao

- viole

Well the walk is more on the path of the moral, spiritual and metaphysical.

This is how White-Horse-Woman, a Cherokee Shaman, (Healer, Medicine woman ?), and who gave me permission to quote her, saw "Walk in Beauty"
*********** quote ********************
if one wishes to walk in beauty then they must truely understand that all that is is sacred and holy. once humans see all of creation as being holy then they think about how they walk upon our sweet mother earth and balance between humans and creation can be restored. this is walking in beauty.
************* unquote *******************

"Walk in Beauty" - I think that my rephrasing of how White Horse Woman described it should give rise to a more modern day life experience than a religious interpretation or say an interpretation by a fanatic who will reject it merely because of the words "sacred and holy". I have actually used the definition of these words in my rephrasing of what she wrote.

" When you truly understand that all that is, is entitled to reverence and respect and not to be profaned then we can walk upon our sweet mother earth in beauty and balance between humans and humans and all that is, will be restored".

Theunis

God is God. God is not like your God or my God. God have spoken to people in the past. Those saying became Scripture.

Yet we must know your concept of GOD. The Hindu have their supreme GOD and the rest are all demi-gods or manifestations (Avatars) of Ishwara. Then there is the pantheistic god who is described as anything and everything the Universe consists of.

Perhaps "the God" should be replaced with "your God" to enable all to reply from their own way of life. Even if the final concept of GOD is the same in all religions you will always find those who say your God is not my God.

Jiddanand

Yet we must know your concept of GOD. The Hindu have their supreme GOD and the rest are all demi-gods or manifestations (Avatars) of Ishwara. Then there is the pantheistic god who is described as anything and everything the Universe consists of.

Perhaps "the God" should be replaced with "your God" to enable all to reply from their own way of life. Even if the final concept of GOD is the same in all religions you will always find those who say your God is not my God.
For me God is unknown. [emoji4] I have to look forward for a definition of God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I appreciate your comments. Certainly God is not here. If God been here then the grief should not be here.
However God is being seen around here and there. So maybe some guys have met him. [emoji4]

I believe this is not the case. If God were not able to bear evil He wouldn't have been able to go to the cross.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Oh well if it was conjecture and him thus expressing an opinion and because of the lack of evidence/research to support or refute what he said I shall leave it hanging on his gravestone until such time he is reincarnated to seek an answer all on his own.:)

"Walk in beauty" is an ancient original America inhabitants blessing so if you drive in beauty you may squash the flower beds and destroy the beauty of the veldt. If you drive a hovercraft then it is okay by me.:D

You don't know how flowers beds react on hovercrafts running over them. Obviously :)

Ciao

- viole

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I am watching that so many people talk about God with strong enough arguments.

I wonder if anyone has really succeeded in meeting Him.

Have you ever been in connection with the God?

Most people wouldn't recognize a god or goddess even if the god/dess gave out business cards. People are too blind, myself included.

The construction worker with the sledge hammer, or the electrician could have been Thor. Or he could have been the guy who protected another person from getting a beat-down from a bully.

The old man at the supermarket who didn't have enough money for his groceries could have been Odin, seeing if anyone would help a poor old man. Odin does things like that to test us.

Theunis

You don't know how flowers beds react on hovercrafts running over them. Obviously :)

Ciao

- viole
Obviously my foot. Trampling with your shoes or a heavy weight motorcar is more than mere squashing them with the downdraft from the motors of a hovercraft - as previoys indicated:) :D