• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heading to an Israeli - Lebanon Iran etc War

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
I think it’s relevant because it shows that the land of Israel belongs to the Jewish people.
ALL land belongs to G-d. Political maps throughout history are constantly being redrawn.

The best people to decide who it "belongs to", are the people that currently live there.
Constantly arguing over historical events does not help those in a war zone.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
From my understanding, Israel did not kick the Arab population out of their homes. On the contrary, it was the Arab leadership who told them to get out before they attacked Israel in May 1948. The Israelis asked their Arab neighbors to stay in their homes.

It is a convenient story that masks a pretty distasteful reality which calls to mind a favorite (H. L. Mencken) quote: "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

From Wikipedia entry ...

Present day scholarship generally considers that violence and direct expulsions perpetrated by Zionist forces throughout both phases of the 1947-1949 Palestine war (both during the civil war phase and during the 1948-1949 Arab-Israeli war) were the primary cause of the displacement of the Palestinians,[2][3] with many scholars considering the expulsions to have constituted ethnic cleansing.[4]

Nowhere is the Mencken warning more important than when dealing with the history of Israel-Palestine.

InChrist

Free4ever
It is a convenient story that masks a pretty distasteful reality which calls to mind a favorite (H. L. Mencken) quote: "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

From Wikipedia entry ...

Present day scholarship generally considers that violence and direct expulsions perpetrated by Zionist forces throughout both phases of the 1947-1949 Palestine war (both during the civil war phase and during the 1948-1949 Arab-Israeli war) were the primary cause of the displacement of the Palestinians,[2][3] with many scholars considering the expulsions to have constituted ethnic cleansing.[4]

Nowhere is the Mencken warning more important than when dealing with the history of Israel-Palestine.
I know you won’t like hearing this, but I consider Wikipedia to be quite slanted, as well I don’t think H.L. Mencken to have a very trustworthy viewpoint on the history of Israel.

“The previously secret diary of writer and social critic H. L. Mencken discloses virulent anti-Semitism, racism and pro-Nazi leanings, shocking even the sympathetic Mencken scholar who edited it

————

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I know you won’t like hearing this, but I consider Wikipedia to be quite slanted, as well I don’t think H.L. Mencken to have a very trustworthy viewpoint on the history of Israel.
Mencken's viewpoint on the history of Israel is every bit as irrelevant as your views on Wikipedia. I would gladly reference other scholarship were it not a total waste of time.

We Never Know

No Slack
Iran vows to avenge killing of Hamas political leader Ismail Haniyeh

The assassination of senior Hamas figure Ismail Haniyeh was carried out by a guided missile targeting his private residence in Tehran, sources from Saudi outlet Al Hadath say. The news outlet reports the missile hit the building at around 2:00 local time (23:30 BST).

Fars news, which is affiliated with Iran's revolutionary guard, also says Haniyeh was stationed in a residence for veterans in the north of Tehran, and that he was killed by "a projectile from the air".

Putin says....

"Vladimir Putin has reportedly told Iran to avoid civilian casualties in any retaliatory attack on Israel for the assassination of the Hamas political leader Ismail Haniyeh, an underlining of the constraints it faces as it frames its response."

"Russian President Vladimir Putin sent a personal letter to Iran’s leaders asking them to refrain from military action against Israel while he attempts to mediate between the two countries, according to sources with knowledge of the matter."