• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Healing?

Should energy healing be offered in hospitals?

• Total voters

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
standing_alone said:
But the mother's act of kissing her child's wound does nothing to heal the wound, it only acts to comfort the child. Which is pretty much what energy healing is, a form of "kissing wounds better." All it serves is to comfort the patient and serves no real medical purpose.
I have seen Reiki healing (which uses energy) somehow 'vitalize' the body's healing properties, much as a microwave oven agitates the molecules of water, to warm whatever it is that is being warmed. Sure, without Reiki, the person would have been healed; with healin, the person heals faster. I have seen it too often for it not to be true; and what is more, it is not a placebo effect, some of those healed did not believe it would work.;)

standing_alone

I have seen Reiki healing (which uses energy) somehow 'vitalize' the body's healing properties, much as a microwave oven agitates the molecules of water, to warm whatever it is that is being warmed. Sure, without Reiki, the person would have been healed; with healin, the person heals faster. I have seen it too often for it not to be true; and what is more, it is not a placebo effect, some of those healed did not believe it would work.
I value your opinion, but personal experience/testimony is still not enough evidence to prove that something works. ;)

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I can only testify to what I've seen with my own eyes and felt with my own body.

I have seen people healed of burns.

I have also had pain "drained" from my leg, when I was post-op, following ankle surgery, without even being touched. It was amazing!

I believe in the healing "arts" of spiritual people. I can't prove that it works, but I have witnessed it working.

Popeyesays

standing_alone said:
Link didn't work.

Not a scientific, peer-reviewed journal.

Got a "file not found" page - and not a scientific peer-reviewed journal.

Not a scientific, peer-reviewed journal.

Scientific, peer-reviewed journals are such publications as: "Science" (http://www.sciencemag.org/) and "Nature" (http://www.nature.com/index.html)
These were the program notes of a forum and symposium - the universities, foundations and Uniformed University identifications were curriculum vitae for the individuals speaking at the forums. The presentations at national symposiums ARE peer-reviewed.

Regards,
Scott

Popeyesays

standing_alone said:
The presentations. But what about the experiments and results? Are the experiments duplicated?
You know you could answer all this for yourself by reading the material. But those who are not interested in studying research material can hardly complain if they can't follow the state of the art in any field of endeavor.

Regards,
Scott

standing_alone

You know you could answer all this for yourself by reading the material. But those who are not interested in studying research material can hardly complain if they can't follow the state of the art in any field of endeavor.
Well, I figured since you're a big defender and supporter of energy healing, you'd be able to give me convincing information.

WeAreAllOne

I would be willing to give you a distance healing session if you would like. but I still wish you would try to find a Reiki share or something. The best way for you to prove this to yourself or disprove it is for you to go and get a session.

WeAreAllOne

standing_alone said:
How does distance healing work?
This is one of those things were you could get as many diffrent answers as there are people who do sessions. But, this is my way: I personally just "run the energy" the same way as if the person was present but insted of touching them I would just keep them in mind and focus on them. A name is all that is needed. I use to do distance sessions with people on the Quantum Touch message board via live chat. We always had very profound sessions, and before these I really wasent to into the distance work, I felt it was ineffective. Thats not true to say the least!

standing_alone

This is one of those things were you could get as many diffrent answers as there are people who do sessions. But, this is my way: I personally just "run the energy" the same way as if the person was present but insted of touching them I would just keep them in mind and focus on them. A name is all that is needed. I use to do distance sessions with people on the Quantum Touch message board via live chat. We always had very profound sessions, and before these I really wasent to into the distance work, I felt it was ineffective. Thats not true to say the least!
I'm confused. :confused:

WeAreAllOne

LOL... you should be, that was some hardcore rambling :D basicly a distance session is the same as any other session except insted of touching the person, you use some way of keeping them in your awarness to send the energy to them.