• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hell is not discipline; it is torture

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
FerventGodSeeker said:
On the contrary, one's will in heaven is quite free: free of evil.
Free will means the freedom to choose.

FerventGodSeeker said:
So you want to be evil? Or at least, you want evil to always be available for you to choose? Why?
Because without that choice there is no agency, no meaning. It means something when I am tempted to be selfish but instead choose to be generous. It means something when I am tempted to be spiteful but instead choose to be forgiving. Without the choice "good" has no meaning.

FerventGodSeeker said:
Any deviation from perfection is imperfection, no matter how small. It's not pettiness, it's insistence on holiness. If the infinite Creator of the universe says not to steal, and you do, yes you've committed an infinite affront against Him, as He created you and allows you every breath you take, and has offered you infinite bliss if you follow Him.
Whatever dude. You wanna debate, fine. But don't preach at me, puhleez. :ignore:

Ozzie

GeneCosta said:
Good post.

Then what is the purpose of punishment without discipline?
Thats the sort of question that sends people who might have become Christian humming off exploring religious alternatives.