• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Her penis" - not at all Orwellian - argh

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I know what happens when I let dishonest debaters dictate the terms of discussion. If you want things on your terms, then there's no value in discussing any further with you.
What terms do you propose then?

If I need to unravel another one of your nebulous gish gallop of strawman arguments, then it's a hard pass.
If you somehow imagine that you're the judge, that's another hard pass.

I think you tend to debate in bad faith. I think you're doing it now. I think you're libeling me repeatedly.

Why is looking at claims one at a time so terrifying to you? That doesn't demonstrate the good faith you claim to be so invested in.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
What terms do you propose then?
I will not re-litigate this. I no longer believe you are worth discussing with, and I believe your propaganda only benefits from increased exposure and the credibility of being addressed as if they are legitimate arguments.

icehorse

Premium Member
I will not re-litigate this. I no longer believe you are worth discussing with, and I believe your propaganda only benefits from increased exposure and the credibility of being addressed as if they are legitimate arguments.

As predicted, all you've got is baseless accusations and excuses.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I recommend considering the value
of your time, & spending it on exchanges
that are little more than enduring
buzzwords & epithets thrown at you.

If I need to unravel another one of your nebulous gish gallop of strawman arguments, then it's a hard pass.
If you somehow imagine that you're the judge, that's another hard pass.

I think you tend to debate in bad faith. I think you're doing it now. I think you're libeling me repeatedly.

First you were a court jester, then a king, and now you are a prophet

icehorse

Premium Member
I'm a bit skeptical of that.

A regimen with a psychiatrist could include "talk therapy", but I didn't think the mindset of treatment was necessarily "use talk therapy before prescribing drugs".

This is why these things are best left to experts. They aren't always so simple.

Well some of the pro-GAC folk here on RF have said otherwise. But I don't think it's a distinction that I care about too much.

My concern is focused on giving drugs and sometimes surgeries to kids with GD. So regardless of how much or how little talk therapy has happened before adding drugs, I'm opposed.

There is no good evidence that these drugs improve the happiness of kids with GD. Couple that with the fact that these drugs are dangerous and irreversible.

You might hear people say "studies show these drugs make kids with GD happier". What we should ask when we hear such a claim is: "Compared to what?". Because a large percentage of kids with GD grow out of it naturally as they grow through puberty and adolescence.

So why would we give dangerous drugs to kids if they are no more effective than talk therapy alone?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I wonder if anyone can hazard a guess as to the religious demographics of Oklahoma?

I just looked at some articles about that. No evidence that religion had anything to do with it. No evidence that them being "trans" had nothing to do with it, either. That's just the sensationalist media skewing it. So far we just know that a student with a history of being bullied (not stated why) was jumped by some older girls, beaten and then later died. Those kinds of fights happen a lot in schools, which are often brutal places. Young people are awful to each other, especially in US public schools. Kids beat the crap out of each other, and they will gang up on you. I stay away from groups of teenagers for that reason. They bully those viewed as weaker.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Some Christianity does.
Some Christianity doesn't.
Christianity doesn't. There's no specific doctrine or teaching against it. Some people have a problem with what they think trans people are, especially since it's been so politicized, but they mostly don't even understand what they're talking about.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Christianity doesn't. There's no specific doctrine or teaching against it. Some people have a problem with what they think trans people are, especially since it's been so politicized, but they mostly don't even understand what they're talking about.
Methodists, Westboro Baptist Church, Word Of God, Unitarians,
etc, etc. Some are OK with gay & trans folk. Others aren't.
Whatever their scripture says, the religion is the spectrum of
what various adherents infer & practice. We wouldn't say
that Christian Dominiomists aren't Christians just because
liberal Christians disagree with their flavor.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Methodists, Westboro Baptist Church, Word Of God, Unitarians,
etc, etc. Some are OK with gay & trans folk. Others aren't.
Whatever their scripture says, the religion is the spectrum of
what various adherents infer & practice. We wouldn't say
that Christian Dominiomists aren't Christians just because
liberal Christians disagree with their flavor.
Sorry, but Christianity isn't just some nebulous nothing that you tack any idea or belief to. There's variances but then there's hard boundaries. It's like "Identity Christians" who are white supremacists and think non-white people have no souls and will be destroyed by God one day. Yes, I'm going to say they're not Christians or getting such things from Christianity. That's an extreme example, but proves my point.