• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hi, I'm Yoco, and I belive in things...

Yoco

Hello, I am Yoco.

Ok, so that is not my real name, but it will do for online discussion. Besides, if I gave you my real name you would not be able to find me anywhere else on the internet, as I am Yoco just about everywhere else I have ever been.

Before you guys say anything, yes, I do know that Yoco is normally spelled with a k, and that in American culture it is often associated with a female. I chose the name as a gaming name when I was 8. (I wonder what it says about today’s culture that I was 8 when I picked a pseudonym for gaming and online interaction.) At the time, Yoko Zuna was a famous wrestler, and I was just learning about Sumo Wrestling. Needless to say I found the name cool and decided to go with it. Lucky for me I had no idea how to spell when I was 8, otherwise I would have found the name “Yoko” taken by countless others before me.

I am a Baha’i, born and raised. My parents live in Montana, though I have moved away to go to college. My friends have taken to calling me Panda, because they say I vaguely resemble a panda.

I am a Urban Development/City Planning Major, though I recently changed Majors from Mechanical Engineering. I enjoy good debate, and good times.
:panda:

turk179

I smell something....
Welcome to the forums Yoco. I hope you enjoy your stay. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We have an excellent moderator and admin staff here who are always willing to help.

Yoco

RevOxley_501 said:
welcome, hope you like it here---

are you a gamer currently? if so what do you play?
Thank you very much, and thank you all who have welcomed me. :)

I am currently only moderately active in gaming. I am on World of Warcraft, Gaiaonline, and... I think that might actually be it at the moment.

I was highly involved in an online text/interaction based game called NationStates for quite some time. A few here may have heard of it. I was most active in the region The Meritocracy, where we held our own government, had our own banks (with the economic simulator to back it up) and had some of the most intelligent conversations and debates I have ever had in my life. Though most debates were about politics and social policy.

I got out of NationStates, as it was very post-board based, and was taking up much of my time. Now I try to devote most of my time to school. Though I find I still have time left over for things like this. ;)

RevOxley_501

Yoco said:

I am currently only moderately active in gaming. I am on World of Warcraft, Gaiaonline, and... I think that might actually be it at the moment.

I was highly involved in an online text/interaction based game called NationStates for quite some time. A few here may have heard of it. I was most active in the region The Meritocracy, where we held our own government, had our own banks (with the economic simulator to back it up) and had some of the most intelligent conversations and debates I have ever had in my life. Though most debates were about politics and social policy.

I got out of NationStates, as it was very post-board based, and was taking up much of my time. Now I try to devote most of my time to school. Though I find I still have time left over for things like this. ;)

cool, i remember nation states when it was in its baby stages---i didnt get into it much because it wasnt very developed then. I personally am not big on MMPORGS but alot of my customers are---though i do enjoy Matrix Online, i know one of the artists for Guild Wars (nice environment--decent game)--i build high end computer systems for gamers (hint hint)--when i get some time we should game together or something---i just built a PC for myself and i NEVER get to game.
Check out my projects:

Zion Blue
Archangel

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Yoco said:
Hello, I am Yoco.

Ok, so that is not my real name, but it will do for online discussion. Besides, if I gave you my real name you would not be able to find me anywhere else on the internet, as I am Yoco just about everywhere else I have ever been.

Before you guys say anything, yes, I do know that Yoco is normally spelled with a k, and that in American culture it is often associated with a female. I chose the name as a gaming name when I was 8. (I wonder what it says about today’s culture that I was 8 when I picked a pseudonym for gaming and online interaction.) At the time, Yoko Zuna was a famous wrestler, and I was just learning about Sumo Wrestling. Needless to say I found the name cool and decided to go with it. Lucky for me I had no idea how to spell when I was 8, otherwise I would have found the name “Yoko” taken by countless others before me.

I am a Baha’i, born and raised. My parents live in Montana, though I have moved away to go to college. My friends have taken to calling me Panda, because they say I vaguely resemble a panda.

I am a Urban Development/City Planning Major, though I recently changed Majors from Mechanical Engineering. I enjoy good debate, and good times.
:panda:
Welcome to the forums.

CDRaider

PANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad your online! I have thought countless times that your imput would be valuable in such and such arguments! Welcome Panda. To quote net Doc... Frubals on your Head

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
Yoco said:

I was highly involved in an online text/interaction based game called NationStates for quite some time. [/snipples]
I'm intrigued, were you known by another name on NS? I may well have known you, or far more likely, known of you. :)

Greets, meets and eats upon your arrival!