• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary losing ground...

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
I expect more and more smear campaigns against Obama so long as Hillary continues losing support in California. Lately, Obama is getting all the big contributors out West, which is going to hurt Hillary's chances. However, the recent smear campaigns against Obama should make him feel pretty good. If Hillary is afraid of him, who else in the Democratic Party can stand between him an his party's nomination?

Random

I've said I'd like to see Hilary run, but only because I get rather childishly giddy @ the thought of a woman as Commander-in-Chief @ the WhiteHouse (sorry, :eek: ): if Obama is a better person with a stronger mind, I hope he get the Democratics nomination of course.

The smear campaigns might work against Hilary as you say, RFX: do you think Hilary is behind any of them personally (ie. sanctions it)?

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Radio Frequency X said:
I expect more and more smear campaigns against Obama so long as Hillary continues losing support in California. Lately, Obama is getting all the big contributors out West, which is going to hurt Hillary's chances. However, the recent smear campaigns against Obama should make him feel pretty good. If Hillary is afraid of him, who else in the Democratic Party can stand between him an his party's nomination?
What the heck are you talking about? What smear campaigns?

Random

lilithu said:
What the heck are you talking about? What smear campaigns?

Wasn't there, for example, a recently debunked story on NBC (I think it was) that Obama had been to a Mosque some years before and met with Islamic extremists or something? IE. he has connexions to them etc...?

Booko

Deviled Hen
Radio Frequency X said:

Don't tell me you bought that hogwash that Hillary Clinton was behind the smear campaign against Obama. :biglaugh:

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Godlike said:
Wasn't there, for example, a recently debunked story on NBC (I think it was) that Obama had been to a Mosque some years before and met with Islamic extremists or something? IE. he has connexions to them etc...?
That was FOX news, better known as FAUX news. And it would be just like that xenophobic network to assume that a black man with a non-European name is Muslim. Barack Obama is Christian, a member of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago for almost 20 years.

How is this tied to Hillary? The easiest way to smear Hillary is to accuse her of smearing others.

Random

lilithu said:
How is this tied to Hillary? The easiest way to smear Hillary is to accuse her of smearing others.

Exactly, yes, I was thinking the same thing which is why I asked RFX in my previous post. I hope these smears don't continue if only to prevent them being laid @ the doorstep of Hilary.

PureX

Veteran Member
lilithu said:
That was FOX news, better known as FAUX news. And it would be just like that xenophobic network to assume that a black man with a non-European name is Muslim. Barrack Obama is Christian, a member of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago for almost 20 years.

There was a guy at work sputtering the other day about Barrack Obama being a Muslim. I was wondering where he got that nonsense from. Now I understand. This guy fancies himself a "true Christian" and believes that George Bush is a great American hero. Apparently he also gets his information from the Fox Propaganda Network.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
As a child, Obama spent four years in Indonesia with his step-father, a non-practicing Muslim, and his mother. Between ages 6 and 8, Obama attended a local Muslim school in Jakarta; after that, he was enrolled in a Roman Catholic school. In his book Dreams Of My Father (p.142), Obama writes:
In Indonesia, I’d spent 2 years at a Muslim school, 2 years at a Catholic school. In the Muslim school, the teacher wrote to tell mother I made faces during Koranic studies. In the Catholic school, when it came time to pray, I’d pretend to close my eyes, then peek around the room. Nothing happened. No angels descended.
In his more recent book, The Audacity of Hope, Obama writes (p.274), “Without the money to go to the international school that most expatriate children attended, I went to local Indonesian schools and ran the streets with the children of farmers, servants, tailors, and clerks.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/01/19/fox-obama-madrassa/

Hehe. I like this guy. :p

Oh, and I've been proven wrong about the Wahhabism from another thread. If FOX knows about it, then I guess the Western media in general knows about it. And of course they're going overboard with it.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
If Richardson commits to the position of VP (I honestly am convinced the Democrats are going to run Obama unless he has a huge skeleton), it's fair to say New Mexico will go blue and some of the South-Western states possibly might become battle ground states. I just don't see any pick-ups from Hillary or Edwards.

nutshell

Obama and Hillary are both long shots. The democratic candidate will be someone rising from the ashes of their destruction of each other.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
Godlike said:
I've said I'd like to see Hilary run, but only because I get rather childishly giddy @ the thought of a woman as Commander-in-Chief @ the WhiteHouse (sorry, :eek: ): if Obama is a better person with a stronger mind, I hope he get the Democratics nomination of course.

The smear campaigns might work against Hilary as you say, RFX: do you think Hilary is behind any of them personally (ie. sanctions it)?

I'm sure Hillary is behind the smear campaigns. Over the next year the Democrats are going to go after the Democrats and the Republicans after the Republicans. But I'm confident when information comes out about the Republicans, the Democrats will be blamed, and vice versa.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Radio Frequency X said:
I'm sure Hillary is behind the smear campaigns.
As I said, the easiest way to smear Hillary is to accuse her of smearing others.

Man, I swear that stuff like this just makes me want her to win.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
When Obama gives speeches, he needs to talk about his faith more. My teacher, an open-minded woman, thought he was Moslim, along with half of my class. :areyoucra

Plus, you rake in some conservative voters.

linwood

GeneCosta said:
When Obama gives speeches, he needs to talk about his faith more. My teacher, an open-minded woman, thought he was Moslim, along with half of my class. :areyoucra

Plus, you rake in some conservative voters.
Obama has spoke on his faith in depth.
What he had to say sounded pretty good to me for the most part.

Obama on religion in political/public discourse.

"Moreover, given the increasing diversity of America's population, the dangers of sectarianism have never been greater. Whatever we once were, we are no longer just a Christian nation; we are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers."
"This brings me to my second point. Democracy demands that the religiously motivated translate their concerns into universal, rather than religion-specific, values. It requires that their proposals be subject to argument, and amenable to reason. I may be opposed to abortion for religious reasons, but if I seek to pass a law banning the practice, I cannot simply point to the teachings of my church or evoke God's will. I have to explain why abortion violates some principle that is accessible to people of all faiths, including those with no faith at all. "

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
linwood said:
Obama has spoke on his faith in depth.
What he had to say sounded pretty good to me for the most part.

Obama on religion in political/public discourse.

"Moreover, given the increasing diversity of America's population, the dangers of sectarianism have never been greater. Whatever we once were, we are no longer just a Christian nation; we are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers."
"This brings me to my second point. Democracy demands that the religiously motivated translate their concerns into universal, rather than religion-specific, values. It requires that their proposals be subject to argument, and amenable to reason. I may be opposed to abortion for religious reasons, but if I seek to pass a law banning the practice, I cannot simply point to the teachings of my church or evoke God's will. I have to explain why abortion violates some principle that is accessible to people of all faiths, including those with no faith at all. "
Yeah, I think he's pretty awesome. :hearts:

He speaks like a Kennedy, calling us to see the bigger picture.

But I don't see him as having a lot of experience. And I'm not cynical enough to believe that experience doesn't matter.

linwood

lilithu said:
But I don't see him as having a lot of experience. And I'm not cynical enough to believe that experience doesn't matter.
I see your point but on the flip side many equate that lack of experience with the fact that at this point he is not heavily indebted to the political machine of DC.
More than a few people I`ve talked to about him like that idea.
You must admit it would be difficult to build an administration with more "experience" than our current one.
That isn`t working out too well.
:)

I have alot of time to figure out who I`ll support but I can tell you I so far see no one on the Republican side I`d even consider.
The Dems have Hillary but there`s just something about her I dislike.
There`s an aura of classism about her that turns me off.
That feeling might be unjustified so I`m sure I`ll check into her closer very soon.
I haven`t really paid much attention to her since she left the white house

Feingold...now there`s someone I might vote for.

hmm..

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
nutshell said:
Hillary has taken veiled shots at Obama.

Anyone who denies this is uninformed or an ostrich.
I'm not afraid of being called names. Examples please.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
linwood said:
The Dems have Hillary but there`s just something about her I dislike.
There`s an aura of classism about her that turns me off.
That feeling might be unjustified so I`m sure I`ll check into her closer very soon.
I haven`t really paid much attention to her since she left the white house
I too trust Obama much more than I trust Hillary. If people weren't attacking her in unfounded ways I wouldn't be defending her so much.