• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Historical Accuracy in Scripture

You see, others won't give you the time of day when you are rude either.

You should try to learn how to follow your own Commandments. Especially the Ninth. Many people think that that is a ban on spreading lies about others. It is more general than that. It is a ban on "bearing false witness". That means that even if you believe something negative about someone else, and you use it against that person, if it is true you broke the Ninth Commandment even if you did not mean to spread a lie.
How was I spreading lies with my comment?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
How was I spreading lies with my comment?
Did you even read my post? You made false claims about others. You may have believed those claims, but they were still false. The Ninth Commandment does not only ban lying about others. That is knowingly spreading false stories about others. If you make any false statements about others that is breaking the Ninth.

Audie

Veteran Member
Fair comment.
Sort of. Not to me. I dont know
why anyone cares.
In any case, the q is about accuracy.

If every detail in the telling of a stoty
fanciful- like- exodus- of what interest or
value is anything beyond a one liner like
" many jews may have lived in egypt"

To which i say. " So.....?"

"

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It is fascinating that you don't seem to understand my point. I am sorry, if I am too difficult to understand.

How would you explain that the number of deaths is greater after vaccines than before them? Those who had not vaccines, should die at the same rate than before the vaccines. And if the vaccines really work, the number of deaths should be smaller, even if not all are vaccinated.
I've pointed out at least twice that the number of deaths is not greater after the vaccine rollout was complete. I further pointed out, that due to a variety of different issues, some European countries, such as Finland, were slower and took longer to complete the vaccination process than other countries. That's why the graph looks the way it does.

All of the data we have from everywhere in the world indicates that mass vaccinations are associated with lower COVID mortality rates.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You say I have made false claims about others. I think that is an evil lie.
Here is an example of you making a false claim about others:

"No good reason to believe you."

Now you probably believe that, which would mean that it is not a lie. But it is clearly false. If you understood the sciences at all you would know that when it comes to the facts that you hate that there are very good reasons to believe that person. You have to keep yourself scientifically illiterate so that you will not see that that person is almost certainly right.

And you should know that it is against the rules here to claim that others lie. Do you see how I did not claim that you were a liar? You are grossly mistaken, but that does not make your clearly false statements a lie.

But it is clearly false.
Sorry, your opinion doesn't mean it is false, only that you disagree with it.
If you understood the sciences at all you would know that when it comes to the facts that you hate
Yet again you make baseless non true accusation.
You have to keep yourself scientifically illiterate so that you will not see that that person is almost certainly right.
"Almost certainly right" is not the same as "is right".
And you should know that it is against the rules here to claim that others lie. Do you see how I did not claim that you were a liar?
Ok, so you don't say I am a liar and then it means I am not breaking the commandment?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sorry, your opinion doesn't mean it is false, only that you disagree with it.

Yet again you make baseless non true accusation.

"Almost certainly right" is not the same as "is right".

Ok, so you don't say I am a liar and then it means I am not breaking the commandment?
If you don't understand ask questions.

And no, that was true. You clearly do not understand the sciences. You keep demonstrating that when you write your very ignorant " No good reason " posts. The problem is that you are willfully ignorant about the sciences and refuse to even learn the basics of science. I will still help you learn if you wish.

And yes, you obviously do not understand the Ninth Commandment. I learned that when I was still going through my churches confirmation classes. The Commandment bans bearing false witness. You do not appear to understand what that means.

....The problem is that you are willfully ignorant...
If I would be ignorant, I could not say when "science" doesn't give good reasons.
And yes, you obviously do not understand the Ninth Commandment. I learned that when I was still going through my churches confirmation classes. The Commandment bans bearing false witness. You do not appear to understand what that means.
It means, don't say someone has done something wrong, if he has not really done so.