• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homeopathy is bunk!

gnomon

It doesn't look like it. It looks like they'd rather make sarcastic responses than actually defend it.

I would say based on their immediate responses they don't actually know what it is.

But many people still confuse homeopathy with naturopathy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I would say based on their immediate responses they don't actually know what it is.
But many people still confuse homeopathy with naturopathy.
Wait til they see what revolteopathy will do to their GI tract! Think probes.....big probes.

I hate homeopathy, I think it is ludicrous and potentially harmful. The only positive things I can think of to warrant it's existence are the fact it keeps the ''worried well'' out of real doctors offices and in order for the placebo effect to work you have to believe in it.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I hate homeopathy, I think it is ludicrous and potentially harmful. The only positive things I can think of to warrant it's existence are the fact it keeps the ''worried well'' out of real doctors offices and in order for the placebo effect to work you have to believe in it.
If it only kept the "worried well" out of real doctors offices, that might be okay. Still fundamentally dishonest, but at least acheiving a good result. However, I think it's just as likely to attract them as those who are actually sick, which leads to harm through delay of proper treatment.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
If it only kept the "worried well" out of real doctors offices, that might be okay. Still fundamentally dishonest, but at least acheiving a good result. However, I think it's just as likely to attract them as those who are actually sick, which leads to harm through delay of proper treatment.
Not to mention bilking people out of millions of dollars.

Midnight Pete

I'm going to take a small hiatus from my usual practice of going around the ring with religionists to take on a more secular box of hooey, in my opinion, homeopathy. IMO homeopathy is quakery, bunkum, at best harmless and at worst dangerous.

Anyone interested in defending it?

How has homeopathy failed you, Auto?

Walkntune

I'm going to take a small hiatus from my usual practice of going around the ring with religionists to take on a more secular box of hooey, in my opinion, homeopathy. IMO homeopathy is quakery, bunkum, at best harmless and at worst dangerous.

Anyone interested in defending it?
If you were arguing that standard medicines have much more of an impact on symptoms of disease i would give you that argument.Many medicines never address the causes of the imbalance of the body in the first place though.
Of course you can count of being on many different medicines at the end of your life as you take one for the symptoms of another.
Homeopathy is more about treating the causes of the body being out of balance and not the result of it being out of balance.
This argument is really about as dumb as arguing whether the right nutrition plays a role in or our over all health.
Anyone with sense does not have to watch to many commercials between tv shows to watch the garbage and corruption being spread by big pharma.
I wonder if they are still trying to patton vitamin c as a drug? Why would they want to do such a thing?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
If you were arguing that standard medicines have much more of an impact on symptoms of disease i would give you that argument.Many medicines never address the causes of the imbalance of the body in the first place though.
Of course you can count of being on many different medicines at the end of your life as you take one for the symptoms of another.
Homeopathy is more about treating the causes of the body being out of balance and not the result of it being out of balance.
This argument is really about as dumb as arguing whether the right nutrition plays a role in or our over all health.
Anyone with sense does not have to watch to many commercials between tv shows to watch the garbage and corruption being spread by big pharma.
I wonder if they are still trying to patton vitamin c as a drug? Why would they want to do such a thing?

Not sure what you're saying here. Are you stating that homeopathic remedies do anything whatsoever? If so, what?