• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homeopathy is bunk!

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
No. It was bad grammar on my part. I meant to state that herbal medicines are a part of many forms of medicine such as naturopathy and allopathy, namely the raw herbs many alternative practitioners use and those conventional medicine synthesize.

Just bad writing all around on my part.

I never said energy healer.

I said faith healer. My anecdotal evidence were the people I've seen, and myself included, who were corralled into a 12 step recovery program that's faith based and how damaging such a program was to people with mental issues. That's just one form of faith healing and in those cases "spiritual" faith healing.

I don't know of any reiki healers that have physically harmed anyone. The one person I know who practices it still relies strongly on conventional medicine and is not big on homeopathy. We have a modest disagreement over energy healing. Most forums I've read involving reiki still support conventional medicine. The distance healers are nothing more than self-deluded con men if they take money for their "practice".

But the best you've revealed about yourself is that you cannot even explain your own beliefs. You also apparently cannot accomplish the act of simple reading of another person's post.

Yeah, my bad, i am sorry, its not that i didnt read your reply properly, is that i assumed that what "faith healer" means, without looking it up. I am not familiar with the "faith healer" or with the 12 step program, so couldnt possibly comment on that one.

As far as the rest, not at any point i have said that homeopathy should replace going to the conventional doctors if there is something seriously wrong. I was talking about personal experience and how it affected me and my family. Nor i ever made a claim that homeopathic remedies would work for everyone. Like a friend ofmine said, keep your mind open just not so open your brain falls out, same here, if my child had appendicitis, i wouldnt try to fix it with herbal remedies, or homeopathy, I'd be there in the hospital like a shot :)

And finally, with reiki, I dont charge for the healing I give, distance or otherwise, nor I charge for attuning people who want to become reiki practitioners, for which I actually got into trouble with Reiki federation. Way I see it is the energy is Universal, it does not belong to me, so how can i possibly charge for something that is not mine? I am but a channel..

:rainbow1:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Nor i ever made a claim that homeopathic remedies would work for everyone.
:rainbow1:

Well it turns out that it works for some people and not for others at just about the same rate as doing absolutely nothing works for some people and not for others. In other words, it doesn't work.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Well it turns out that it works for some people and not for others at just about the same rate as doing absolutely nothing works for some people and not for others. In other words, it doesn't work.

So, I guess we can file it under same category as prayer.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I know many people that use Homeopathy effectively. Homeopathy does not replace mainstream medications but is a great point to start treating minor complaints, as a support to mainstream medicine, and as an alternative when mainstream medication proves ineffective. It has had many good results for some kinds of insomnia where mainstream meds do not work well.
How do you know? What's led you to this conclusion?

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Yes, homeopathy can certainly claim to be as effective as prayer, and vice versa.

I think it is a valid criticism of 'mainstream' medicine to say that in concentrating on the body proper they largely ignore the human dimensions of illness - the mind as a function of the organism is largely neglected. "The result is that medicine has been slow to realize that how people feel about their medical condition is a major factor in the outcome of treatment."

If people get something they need on a human level from homeopathy that positively effects their health/outcome I say good. Especially if they are not getting it from 'mainstream' medicine.

gnomon

I'm going to respond to this comment.

For over a YEAR,
(after hurting mySelf while exercising)
I could not turn my neck to the left
even well enough to look properly back
when driving.
I had to turn my entire body to see,
which was a major difficulty
on account of my messed up seatbelt
that gave me no extra room.
I tell you this, because it was a daily measurable awareness
of just how messed up my neck was.

I went to chiropractic which helped greatly
with the numbness, arms/wrists and lower back,
but after months had not changed my neck problem.

I do regular relaxation
and inner meditation
inner Self healing
beginning with the mental,
balancing mind and body in action, symbolism and intent,
as well as working my own energies intuitively
in various ways.

While this also helps me in so many ways,
it did not change the situation with my neck.

So this is what I am compelled here to tell you.
In ONE (free :rolleyes:) Reiki session with Katia
(online/long distance)
WHATEVER was locking up my neck
UNLOCKED.
She had my energy flowing like it hasn't flowed in years.
I felt absolutely amazing, :rainbow1:
and there is really no way I can describe it.
I was working it with her (of course),
with my focus on neck and shoulder
and suddenly, "snap", I heard it,
my whole neck loosened.
I could turn it WAY over to the left
with no pain whatsoever.
I could hardly believe it mySelf,
after months and months of pain and dis'ability.

I have never since had any trouble turning my neck for traffic,
and I no longer have any pain whatsoever when turning
in any direction really.

Still I do have some remaining problems,
but my neck was our focus that day.
I would LOVE to do it again.
Even just for the great feeling of that energy flow.

That said,
While I would ALSO love to get X-rays
and have certain tests done
I have no money,
and no access to any health coverage
that I could afford to use either.
So there you go.
So much for modern medicine.

Without Self healing,
meaningful connective realizations of Self,
symbolic ritual,
relaxing in Sweet smelling baths,
healing my own emotional pains,
releasing toxicity,
loving my own body,
my whole Self,
chiropractic/ alignment,
and energy healing
where would I be now.

*remembers back*
I cringe to think.

That's swell.

Walkntune

Nor i ever made a claim that homeopathic remedies would work for everyone.
It can only work for those who truly except and believe just as Jesus could only heal those with faith.
This is how it works.
[youtube]oGEGGotpOgg[/youtube]
YouTube - Vortex Energy Part 2 of 22 Vibration and the Secret of Healing

Of course this is why you don't read much about Nikola Tesla, our greatest scientist who ever lived. He not only was in tune with this vortex energy, he was going to harness it and hook up machines as well and use it as the wheel work of nature.

gnomon

So the claim is that as long as one believes ANY disease can be cured?

What is the definition of disease in this claim?

Do the claims apply to........
Sciatica
Influenza
Parasitic infection
Arthritis
Cancer
Malnutrition
Congenital defects
Mental illnesses

What exactly are the diseases which can be cured?

katiafish

consciousness incarnate
It can only work for those who truly except and believe just as Jesus could only heal those with faith.
This is how it works.
[youtube]oGEGGotpOgg[/youtube]
YouTube - Vortex Energy Part 2 of 22 Vibration and the Secret of Healing

Of course this is why you don't read much about Nikola Tesla, our greatest scientist who ever lived. He not only was in tune with this vortex energy, he was going to harness it and hook up machines as well and use it as the wheel work of nature.

This is brilliant, thank you. Sounds like Franz Bardon school of thought to me.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I think it is a valid criticism of 'mainstream' medicine to say that in concentrating on the body proper they largely ignore the human dimensions of illness - the mind as a function of the organism is largely neglected. "The result is that medicine has been slow to realize that how people feel about their medical condition is a major factor in the outcome of treatment."

If people get something they need on a human level from homeopathy that positively effects their health/outcome I say good. Especially if they are not getting it from 'mainstream' medicine.
Just don't make the mistake of calling it medicine. Or science.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
This is brilliant, thank you. Sounds like Franz Bardon school of thought to me.

Sounds like a big pile of bull **** to me.
But then, I understand that the term for homeopathic remedies that actually works is: medicine.

Last edited by a moderator:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Yes both from the placebo effect and the fact you have someone you feel is actually listening to you.
It's not just a matter of "feeling". I'm sure that many (most?) homeopathic practitioners really do listen to their patients.

I linked to an article about a study earlier in the thread: it described how there's a very real, measureable health benefit from the consultation aspect homeopathic care. Not from the actual homeopathic remedies, mind you, but from the listening and general health advice.

There are lots of reasons why a person might feel better after going to a homeopath. It's just that none of them have anything to do with actual effectiveness of homeopathy itself.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
It's not just a matter of "feeling". I'm sure that many (most?) homeopathic practitioners really do listen to their patients.

I linked to an article about a study earlier in the thread: it described how there's a very real, measureable health benefit from the consultation aspect homeopathic care. Not from the actual homeopathic remedies, mind you, but from the listening and general health advice.

There are lots of reasons why a person might feel better after going to a homeopath. It's just that none of them have anything to do with actual effectiveness of homeopathy itself.

Yea I read that and am in agreement with you. Though I don't think they actual have to listen to patient, the patient just needs to think they are.

blackout

Violet.
That's swell.

(re. Reiki)

Whether or not you think it's swell, is of no consequence.

What matters, is that ... whatever it was... it worked.

Improving my quality of life and physical mobility greatly.
Which for me, was monumental.

Last edited: